Page 67 of 136 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2033
    ...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Hey Who's in the black and white in this pic?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Dc Invaders

Uncle Sam in for Steve
    Star Girl in For Bucky
    Firestorm in for The Human Torch
    Fire Hawk in for Torro
    Aquaman in for Namor
    Jay Garrick in for Whizzer
    ^^^that works!
    I actually started working on something similar this morning.

Something i just think about. I have to dig deep for this one.
    00_Qwardians.jpg
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Something i just think about. I have to dig deep for this one.
    00_Qwardians.jpg
    ^^^Duuuude, that’s great, like effing great!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Mythic League

Wonder Woman
    Shazam
    Doctor Fate
    Jay Garrick
    Madam Xanadu

The JSA were a home front team, protecting America from supervillains, spies, and saboteurs. The Invaders were a front line team, taking the fight to the enemy more directly. For my version of the team I looked for characters who weren’t originally w. the JSA, though they might’ve been added to the team retroactively, and went from there.

COMMANDER STEEL (Captain America)
    Both characters underwent experimental procedures and became Super Soldiers. Cap a peak human w. an indestructible shield, and Steel one of the earliest known cyborgs, w. super strength and invulnerabity. They both became patriotic symbols and fought across the many fronts of WWII, inspiring the troops and kicking Nazi butt.

VIKING COMMANDO (Sub-Mariner)
    In WWII, Namor joined the Allies after the Nazis threatened Atlantis. VC joined the allies when he time travelled, encountered Nazis and equated them w. his blood enemies, the Huns. VC quickly adapted to using modern weapons, while his magic axe Iron Fang amplified his physical stats, allowing him to shear through materials as durable as tank armor w. his strikes.

BLUE BEETLE (Human Torch)
    PPL often forget OG Beetle Daniel Garrett had legit powers. He was the first to use the Beetle Scarab, and saying “Khaji Da” turned him into a formidable flying brick. Besides flight he gained super strength, invulnerability, and was able to manifest destructive energy blasts from his hands and eyes. He doesn’t burst into flames but makes for a good Human Torch replacement imo.

SPARKY (Toro)
    One of the reasons I started looking at Blue Beetle as a Human Torch replacement was him having a sidekick and I wanted my team to have the same general dynamic as Marvel’s team. Unlike Toro, Sparky doesn’t have powers that match his mentor, but like Bucky, he can grab himself a trusty Model 1928 Thompson submachine gun and go to town.

REX THE WONDER DOG (Bucky)
    Steel never had a sidekick, so I needed to give him one. With Sparky already set up in Bucky-like fashion, I wanted Steel to partner up w. someone interesting. Then I thought about Rex, one of the coolest comics canines ever. Dogs were and still are used by the Military, and I could see Steel and Rex being assigned to work together, and building a strong friendship across multiple missions.

Astonishing Member

^^^that works!
    I actually started working on something similar this morning.
    Thank You!

Astonishing Member

The D List
    A cosmic entity, a trickster or some Prophet brings this group together and guides and goads them through various adventures and events culminating in D Day! Only they can know about it . Only they can stop it

Doc MidNite/ PioterCross
    Doc Occult
    Dolphin
    Detective Chimp
    Deadman
    DawnStar
    Dollman
    Dan The Dyma Mite
    Krypto

Also Krypto is on the roster because he’s a Dog. That’s the kind of thing the Entity finds funny and whimsical. Doctor Destiny would be a major player in the story. Maybe just as a Red Herring.I posted a Marvel version of this some years back.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 04-05-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    The D List
    A cosmic entity, a trickster or some Phophet brings this group together and guides and goads them through various adventures and events culminating in D Day! Only they can know about it . Only they can stop it

Doc MidNite/ PioterCross
    Doc Occult
    Dolphin
    Detective Chimp
    Deadman
    DawnStar
    Dollman
    Dan The Dyma Mite
    Krypto

Also Krypto is on the roster because he’s a Dog. That’s the kind of thing the Entity finds funny and whimsical. Doctor Destiny would be a major player in the story. Maybe just as a Red Herring.I posted a Marvel version of this some years back.
    I like it, seems like it’d be a fun book, and we need more of those!

Astonishing Member

I like it, seems like it’d be a fun book, and we need more of those!
    Thanks. I just hope Jeff Lemire doesn't see this. Ala my Terrific Ten idea from 2017

So my brain came up with this team idea and it never shuts up untill I share it these things with people. Lets hope its good. Post yours too, If you Like. So the team leader is Michael Holt and he assembles this team to fight all sorts of fancy Naer do well like one finds running around in Comic books. For my Roster anyway. I'm excluding any Jsa members and will be poaching From Marvel a little. Cause that's my idea of fun. So.....

Mr. Terrific
    Kilowog
    Plastic Man
    Johny Storm
    Icon
    Nightwing
    Starfire
    Zantanna
    Max Mercury
    Atom( Ray)
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 04-05-2022 at 12:22 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC Princesses

DC Powerhouse Cosmic

"Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

I love doing West Coast teams.
    This one’s a throwback late 90s early 00s collection of b-listers.

CONNOR HAWKE (Hawkeye)
    Connor had a few good years as GA before Ollie came back. Is he an archer good at Martial Arts or a Martial Artist who uses a bow? Either way his temperament is pretty much the opposite of Hawkeye’s which I thought was a nice twist.

FLAMEBIRD (Mockingbird)
    FB will never be seen as being on the same level as Batgirl (any of them really), despite being pretty darn good at what she does, kinda like Mockingbird when compared to Black Widow. FB is also incredibly perky which is a superpower all her own.

S.T.R.I.P.E. (Iron Man)
    He’s no Tony Stark but Pat Dugan’s a lifelong gearhead and surprisingly comfortable around more advanced tech. Pat's the oldest guy on the team which will be played seriously & for laughs. Pat’s family (minus Courtney who’s w. The JSA but is sure to guest star) will be supporting characters, as he moves them out to L.A. for this new gig.

SUPERBOY (Wonderman)
    The Kid (as he was called back then) had that cocksure lothario celebrity superhero thing going that Simon Williams would often display. While Hawaii’s way more awesome I think the L.A. lifestyle would suit The Kid really well. I have him wearing one of my favorite (though short lived) costume redesigns.

CRIMSON FOX (Tigra)
    I often swap Tigra out w. Pantha or Catspaw but I didn’t think either really fit this time out. Crimson Fox though, has the animal motif which is good. Her secret identity gimmick was great and would keep the rest of the team confused for a while, as she’d be fun and flirty/standoff-ish by turns.

^^^Duuuude, that’s great, like effing great!
    Thanks man.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

I love doing West Coast teams.
    This one’s a throwback late 90s early 00s collection of b-listers.

CONNOR HAWKE (Hawkeye)
    Connor had a few good years as GA before Ollie came back. Is he an archer good at Martial Arts or a Martial Artist who uses a bow? Either way his temperament is pretty much the opposite of Hawkeye’s which I thought was a nice twist.

FLAMEBIRD (Mockingbird)
    FB will never be seen as being on the same level as Batgirl (any of them really), despite being pretty darn good at what she does, kinda like Mockingbird when compared to Black Widow. FB is also incredibly perky which is a superpower all her own.

S.T.R.I.P.E. (Iron Man)
    He’s no Tony Stark but Pat Dugan’s a lifelong gearhead and surprisingly comfortable around more advanced tech. Pat's the oldest guy on the team which will be played seriously & for laughs. Pat’s family (minus Courtney who’s w. The JSA but is sure to guest star) will be supporting characters, as he moves them out to L.A. for this new gig.

SUPERBOY (Wonderman)
    The Kid (as he was called back then) had that cocksure lothario celebrity superhero thing going that Simon Williams would often display. While Hawaii’s way more awesome I think the L.A. lifestyle would suit The Kid really well. I have him wearing one of my favorite (though short lived) costume redesigns.

CRIMSON FOX (Tigra)
    I often swap Tigra out w. Pantha or Catspaw but I didn’t think either really fit this time out. Crimson Fox though, has the animal motif which is good. Her secret identity gimmick was great and would keep the rest of the team confused for a while, as she’d be fun and flirty/standoff-ish by turns.
    Nice. I dig this one.