Page 68 of 136 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2033

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    Nice. I dig this one.
    ^^^Thank you very much!
    I had a blast choosing the characters/putting that pic together.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I love doing West Coast teams.
    This one’s a throwback late 90s early 00s collection of b-listers.

CONNOR HAWKE (Hawkeye)
    Connor had a few good years as GA before Ollie came back. Is he an archer good at Martial Arts or a Martial Artist who uses a bow? Either way his temperament is pretty much the opposite of Hawkeye’s which I thought was a nice twist.

FLAMEBIRD (Mockingbird)
    FB will never be seen as being on the same level as Batgirl (any of them really), despite being pretty darn good at what she does, kinda like Mockingbird when compared to Black Widow. FB is also incredibly perky which is a superpower all her own.

S.T.R.I.P.E. (Iron Man)
    He’s no Tony Stark but Pat Dugan’s a lifelong gearhead and surprisingly comfortable around more advanced tech. Pat's the oldest guy on the team which will be played seriously & for laughs. Pat’s family (minus Courtney who’s w. The JSA but is sure to guest star) will be supporting characters, as he moves them out to L.A. for this new gig.

SUPERBOY (Wonderman)
    The Kid (as he was called back then) had that cocksure lothario celebrity superhero thing going that Simon Williams would often display. While Hawaii’s way more awesome I think the L.A. lifestyle would suit The Kid really well. I have him wearing one of my favorite (though short lived) costume redesigns.

CRIMSON FOX (Tigra)
    I often swap Tigra out w. Pantha or Catspaw but I didn’t think either really fit this time out. Crimson Fox though, has the animal motif which is good. Her secret identity gimmick was great and would keep the rest of the team confused for a while, as she’d be fun and flirty/standoff-ish by turns.
    BRETHREN! This uuuuuuping brilliant. You never stop upping the content in this thread. Bravo.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

edited for content!
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-13-2022 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    This blink and you’ll miss it line up…
    …was the new Justice.
    They only lasted 2 issues in YJ’s original book.

DUSK (Batgirl)
    I picked Dusk to match up w. Batgirl’s spooky quiet dressed in black persona back then. I didn’t realize both characters were named Cassandra till a while later.

NOMAD (Flamebird)
    Like FB and the Bat Family, Rikki Barnes has ties to Captain America’s cast of characters but is usually forgotten about.

THUNDERSTRIKE Captain Marvel Jr.)
    Both these guys are junior versions of older characters. Freddy Freeman started going by CM3 back then, and I’ve got Kevin Masterson in the costume he wears in the MC2.

REPTIL (Beast Boy)
    Switching out BB and Reptil usually works for me.

KOI BOY (Lagoon Boy)
    I’ve never had the opportunity to use Koi Boy before, but I really like him here subbing (no pun intended) for Lagoon Boy.
    LOL! You got confused Riv86672 ! This is the DC new teams based in enything else thread!! Not the Marvel one!!
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 04-13-2022 at 11:41 AM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

LOL! And I got confused too with double post, it is contagious!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    LOL! You got confused Riv86672 ! This is the DC new teams based in enything else thread!! Not the Marvel one!!
    ^^^lol, thanks for the heads up!

LOL! And I got confused too with double post, it is contagious!!
    ^^^OMG we're patient zero!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

The ORIGINAL Guardians of the Galaxy.

Starhawk Aka Zauriel

Yondu aka Shadowfall of the new gods

Charlie-13 aka Triumph (from JLA: Destiny, an Elseworlds DC prestige mini-serie from 2002, scripted by John Arcudi and drawn by Tom Mandrake.)

Martinex Aka Alloy(When the metal men merge into a single being) / Alternatively Metampho would do wonders.

Aleta Ogord aka Dawnstar

Alpha Centurion aka Major Vance Astro

alpha-centurion.jpg

Jade aka Nikki!

Can't post the art for all of them yet but hopefully I can tomorrow
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 04-15-2022 at 06:57 AM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Together they’ll battle Brainiac within the confines of Kandor, try and outwit the Luck Lords beneath the bright lights of Ventura, and bring hope to the Hunger Dogs of Apokolips’ Armagetto.

in celebration of 4/20, I give you...

The Green Team

Swamp Thing
    Poison Ivy
    Rose & Thorn
    Floronic Man
    Jade
    Sand

while we're at it...

The Red Team

Vixen
    Animal Man
    Maxine Baker
    B'wana Beast
    Freedom Beast
    Tasmanian devil
    Wylde

I'm sure I'll be back later with a few additions to both that I'm currently overlooking...

After reading the new Super Buddies thread that was posted the other day, my mind started to wander about comedic teams and I realize that DC Comics needs it's own Nextwave. Something that has the comedy of a Giffen League/Super Buddies, but less a "workplace sitcom" vibe and more of an insane balls-to-the-wall approach to the threats they face and the inherent comedy that lies within. Every era of DC introduces some new villain or concept or whatever that is treated seriously but is really just the other side of being ludicrous, and playing with those just a bit could create an over-the-top interpretation of some DC threats that a wildcard team like a DC Nextwave could combat.

But what to call the team, and who would be on it? The characters in Marvel's book were mostly in limbo and out of use, with only one (semi)-original creation. They were blank enough slates that you could play with the personalities, making certain elements even broader to serve the comedy (or in some cases, almost completely recreate the characters from more mundane beginnings into something that makes a real impact). And what kinds of characters are in limbo that could be played up a bit broader, or reinterpreted if need be? Well, nobody is doing anything with the victims of Heroes in Crisis right now...and those characters were killed because they were viewed as unimportant. So, we'll use them and extend a middle finger to that book as a whole. A Win-Win!

And as for the title, none of the older, unused DC team names really spoke to me. I wanted something that had history in DC but also had a kind of ludicrous pomposity to the name, something that wouldn't sound out of place being featured on an episode of the Venture Bros. And I found it. So with that...

The Danger Trail!
    The Protector - Field commander, wannabe Nightwing, so SO desperate to prove that he's really got what it takes to be a hero.
    Solstice - Feeling a bit like a newbie, still not sure exactly what she's doing with this group. Pretty sure she can do better for herself. Not even sure she actually died or not.
    Hotshot - Cocky, confrontational, he's 100% positive he should be the field leader of the group. The heat-blasting Hawkeye to the Protector's pathetic Captain America.
    Gunfire - Self-important Eurotrash douchebag, views the rest of the team as absolutely beneath him. He's using them until something better comes along. It won't.
    Lagoon Boy - Looking at his second chance at life as an opportunity to be his best self, both as a person and a hero, which he approaches with his usual zeal. Very annoying very quickly.
    And there may be a sixth member, someone who died at the compound but was so insignificant they didn't warrant even a mention. Someone most of the others won't remember being there. Thinking someone like Yellow Peri.

Brought back from the beyond by unknown means, they go on the missions and fight the villains that the Justice League wouldn't be caught dead at. And all under the guidance of their leader, Nemesis, who claims to have been killed along with them but really wasn't. Well maybe he was. Probably not, though.
    Last edited by Kaijudo; 04-26-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Astonishing Member

A Sccoby Doo Gang
    Booster- Fred
    Maxima- Daphne
    Matter Eater Lad- Shaggy
    G’nort- Scooby Doo( Or maybe ShaggyMan or King Shark?)
    Babs Oracle Gordon- Velma
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 04-26-2022 at 05:34 PM.

Danger Trail is a promising team.

Now, my contribution and it surprises me nobody thought of this before....

The Young Watchmen!!

Bombshell (Amy Allen) Atomic powered heroine.
    Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) The most heroic member
    Anarky (Lonnie Machin) Faceless teen with strong political ideas.
    Phantom Girl (Lynnia Wazzo) Intangible and efficient.
    All-American Kid (aka Karnevil aka Jeremy Karne) A psycho who is more dangerous for the team than any villian.
    Richard Dragon Jr. Not too much know about him but the team needs a hand to hand unbeatable fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarkus View Post
    in celebration of 4/20, I give you...

The Green Team

Swamp Thing
    Poison Ivy
    Rose & Thorn
    Floronic Man
    Jade
    Sand

while we're at it...

The Red Team

Vixen
    Animal Man
    Maxine Baker
    B'wana Beast
    Freedom Beast
    Tasmanian devil
    Wylde

I'm sure I'll be back later with a few additions to both that I'm currently overlooking...
    ^^^lol, 4/20, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    After reading the new Super Buddies thread that was posted the other day, my mind started to wander about comedic teams and I realize that DC Comics needs it's own Nextwave. Something that has the comedy of a Giffen League/Super Buddies, but less a "workplace sitcom" vibe and more of an insane balls-to-the-wall approach to the threats they face and the inherent comedy that lies within. Every era of DC introduces some new villain or concept or whatever that is treated seriously but is really just the other side of being ludicrous, and playing with those just a bit could create an over-the-top interpretation of some DC threats that a wildcard team like a DC Nextwave could combat.

But what to call the team, and who would be on it? The characters in Marvel's book were mostly in limbo and out of use, with only one (semi)-original creation. They were blank enough slates that you could play with the personalities, making certain elements even broader to serve the comedy (or in some cases, almost completely recreate the characters from more mundane beginnings into something that makes a real impact). And what kinds of characters are in limbo that could be played up a bit broader, or reinterpreted if need be? Well, nobody is doing anything with the victims of Heroes in Crisis right now...and those characters were killed because they were viewed as unimportant. So, we'll use them and extend a middle finger to that book as a whole. A Win-Win!

And as for the title, none of the older, unused DC team names really spoke to me. I wanted something that had history in DC but also had a kind of ludicrous pomposity to the name, something that wouldn't sound out of place being featured on an episode of the Venture Bros. And I found it. So with that...

The Danger Trail!
    The Protector - Field commander, wannabe Nightwing, so SO desperate to prove that he's really got what it takes to be a hero.
    Solstice - Feeling a bit like a newbie, still not sure exactly what she's doing with this group. Pretty sure she can do better for herself. Not even sure she actually died or not.
    Hotshot - Cocky, confrontational, he's 100% positive he should be the field leader of the group. The heat-blasting Hawkeye to the Protector's pathetic Captain America.
    Gunfire - Self-important Eurotrash douchebag, views the rest of the team as absolutely beneath him. He's using them until something better comes along. It won't.
    Lagoon Boy - Looking at his second chance at life as an opportunity to be his best self, both as a person and a hero, which he approaches with his usual zeal. Very annoying very quickly.
    And there may be a sixth member, someone who died at the compound but was so insignificant they didn't warrant even a mention. Someone most of the others won't remember being there. Thinking someone like Yellow Peri.

Brought back from the beyond by unknown means, they go on the missions and fight the villains that the Justice League wouldn't be caught dead at. And all under the guidance of their leader, Nemesis, who claims to have been killed along with them but really wasn't. Well maybe he was. Probably not, though.
    ^^^thats neat!

Quote Originally Posted by Photon Torme View Post
    A Sccoby Doo Gang
    Booster- Fred
    Maxima- Daphne
    Matter Eater Lad- Shaggy
    G’nort- Scooby Doo( Or maybe ShaggyMan or King Shark?)
    Babs Oracle Gordon- Velma
    ^^^i did a Scooby build, using Rex the Wonder Dog!
    Matter Eater Lad as Shaggy is hilariously spot on, damn! G’nort as Scooby’s a good pick, too. If you used King Shark you gotta go Jabberjaws!

Danger Trail is a promising team.

Now, my contribution and it surprises me nobody thought of this before....

The Young Watchmen!!

Bombshell (Amy Allen) Atomic powered heroine.
    Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) The most heroic member
    Anarky (Lonnie Machin) Faceless teen with strong political ideas.
    Phantom Girl (Lynnia Wazzo) Intangible and efficient.
    All-American Kid (aka Karnevil aka Jeremy Karne) A psycho who is more dangerous for the team than any villian.
    Richard Dragon Jr. Not too much know about him but the team needs a hand to hand unbeatable fighter.
    ^^^Young Watchmen?!? So good!

Edited for content.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 03-14-2023 at 04:10 PM.

Okay I wanted to give Jabberjaw a try, credit to Photon Torme!

KING SHARK as Jabberjaw
    Land shark indeed!

DAMAGE as Biff
    The resident good natured hunky dark haired guy.

ARGENT as Shelly
    Argent was raised rich and pampered and can def. slip into that hoity toity mode that the Shelly character had.

ARROWETTE as Bubbles
    The down to earth fun loving blonde. You’d think she and Argent wouldn’t get along but they do.

TIN as Clamhead
    Even as a “good guy” King Shark’s likely to try and take a bite out of his teammates so the others give him plenty of space, and Tin becomes the land shark’s best friend by default, as KS can literally chew on him w.out causing any actual harm.