Page 71 of 136 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2031

Not sure what incredibly powerful MacGuffin(s) this more cutthroat version of The Infinity Watch would be going after…:

PROTEX (Adam Warlock)
    Born to lead. Powerful, good looking guys w. golden skin.

KRONA (Pip The Troll)
    The little guys. Schemers who can play out the long con.

GRAIL (Gamora)
    Darkseid & Thanos’ daughters. Both incredibly dangerous.

UTRAA (Drax The Destroyer)
    Hyper violent big men who see every problem as a nail.

TOMORROW WOMAN (Moondragon)
    Both are skilled, versatile Psychics & assets to their teams.

MAXAM (Atom Smasher)
    Powers aside, each has trusted the wrong ppl & paid for it.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^When Morrison’s on point, he’s a great read, yeah!
    Speaking of Aztek…:

EL DORADO! AZTEK! AZTEK! SERPENTEEN! TEZCATLIPOCA! TEZUMAK!
    This is one of the most interesting iterations of a book in this thread. I know its not the deepest dive but just looking
    at it I'd read anything with that squad just ot see where it goes. Amazing. Well done.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Ganthet (Professor X)- Probably the closest in terms of powerset because I believe Ganthet has telepathy powers. They are also in the same boat as "let's take a nice but strict character and turn them into an unforgiving secretive *******" in terms of development.

John Stewart (Cyclops)- Personality and powerset are nothing alike besides being a damn good leader and shooting beams. However, the love triangle is what sets John with Scott along with the following two choices. Main leader.

Katma Tui (Jean Grey)- Nothing like Jean in terms of powerset, however, both are very spunky (more so Kat) and married to the main leader and love them dearly. Also, a leader when the need arrives.

Fatality (Emma Frost)- The villain turned good and falls in love with the main leader. Dresses...um, interesting just like Emma!

Bleez (Wolverine)- Scorned past, ruthless, angry, Good lies beneath their hard-ass personality.

Vril Dox (Beast)- Smart as hell, can be an ******* (Vril more so)
    ^^^Neat! I’m a fan of Ganthet/John/Vril Dox, so I’d be in.

A New Guardians team consisting of supporting characters.

Lois Lane - Green Lantern

Steve Trevor - Blue Lantern

Vanessa Kapatelis - Red Lantern

Linda Park - Star Sapphire

Thomas Kalmaku - Indigo Lantern

No idea who I'd pick for a Yellow and Orange Lantern.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-29-2022 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A New Guardians team consisting of supporting characters.

Lois Lane - Green Lantern

Steve Trevor - Blue Lantern

Vanessa Kapatelis - Red Lantern

Linda Park - Star Sapphire

Thomas Kalmaku - Indigo Lantern

No idea who I'd pick for a Yellow and Orange Lantern.
    ^^^this’d be fun to see!

How about…Jimmy Olsen as a Yellow Lantern?
    He’s had superpowers before, and I’d bet he would shake things up considering how Yellow Lanterns usually operate.

Oberon as Orange Lantern?
    He’s someone who believes in making a profit. Would he be corrupted by the Ring though?

^^^this’d be fun to see!

How about…Jimmy Olsen as a Yellow Lantern?
    He’s had superpowers before, and I’d bet he would shake things up considering how Yellow Lanterns usually operate.
    I would have preferred a one Lantern per franchise roster, but I can't think of any better choices. So I guess Jimmy works fine.

He’s someone who believes in making a profit. Would he be corrupted by the Ring though?
    Can't say I know much about Oberon. If you do and he sounds like a good choice to you, I guess he works.

I think another Mister Miracle supporting character would be a better Orange Lantern: Funky Flashman!

^^^The nineties Avengers line up was Marvel’s attempt to mimic the cool/edgy Image books that were all the rage back then. They’re pictured above w. Captain America, so my DC version can have Batman show up when a sales boost is needed.

BLACK CANARY (Black Widow)
    Black Widow was team leader in the nineties, and had ditched the long hair and Emma Peel catsuit for a a short ‘do and grey outfit. Black Canary sported short hair in the nineties, and a pretty cool costume that looked both attractive and tactical.

FAITH (Sersi)
    Created in the nineties, Faith was a Batman approved Mary Sue fast tracked onto the JLA. She was powerful enough to take out an alien space fleet single handed. She had a strong outgoing personality and nineties Sersi was like that too.

BEAUTIFUL DREAMER (Crystal)
    Like Crystal, BD is an old Kirby character w. a sweet disposition. Making BD cool/edgy would take a new hairstyle and costume (a look I shamelessly snagged from Futures End). BD is a real powerhouse too, who’s powers border on reality warping at times.

HERCULES (Hercules)
    DC’s had several Hercules characters, my favorite being the old Unbound version. The pic above is from Injustice because that look really fits the nineties cool/edgy vibe I’m going for. Marvel’s Hercules shaved his signature beard in the nineties so I’m thinking my Hercules, Unbound or otherwise, gets his blond hair from a bottle.

RED TORNADO (The Vision)
    Marvel didn’t really do much to make Vision cool/edgy, they just tweaked his color scheme and made it brighter. The RT pic I used has a nice redesign going on, w. darker colors, pants and boots. It makes RT look badass imo, which is very nineties.

AZRAEL (The Black Knight)
    Nineties Black Knight wore a leather bomber jacket and used a lightsaber, and you can’t get cooler/edgier than that! Azrael was a Knight, created in the nineties, and I will admit he looked pretty cool. I loved the big four fingered gauntlets.

I would have preferred a one Lantern per franchise roster, but I can't think of any better choices. So I guess Jimmy works fine.
    ^^^Cool. Jimmy standing up to Sinestro is a must see confrontation.

Can't say I know much about Oberon. If you do and he sounds like a good choice to you, I guess he works.
    ^^^Ty, he’s a pretty good choice I think, though Kaijudo’s right…

Quote Originally Posted by Kaijudo View Post
    I think another Mister Miracle supporting character would be a better Orange Lantern: Funky Flashman!
    …Funky Flashman would def. be a better choice!

A kind of legacy team using the OG Dick/Donna/Wally/Roy/Garth Teen Titans line up.

RAVEN RED (Robin)
    Team founder and leader Raven Red’s the son of Chief Man of Bats. A skilled detective, medic, fighter, horseman, archer, and tracker, he’s looking to become a skilled leader as he establishes himself away from his dad and the Club of Heroes.

JINNY HEX (Wonder Girl)
    The great great granddaughter of Jonah Hex, Jinny’s a born scrapper, and a Dukes of Hazzard level driver. Sensible but fun, she and the more serious Raven Red work well together. She has a trunk filled w. high tech and magical weapons and items.

WILL POWER (Kid Flash)
    William Twotrees is the illegitimate son of Johnny Thunder. Though not a traditional speedster, Will’s energy form does let him travel at literally lightning speed (270,000mph). He can also fire off destructive bolts, and create force fields and EMPs.

SURE SHOT (Speedy/Arsenal)
    Chad Kiyahani’s grandfather Louis, was a decorated sniper in WWII, fighting alongside SGT. Rock and known as “Little Sure Shot”, so fantastic aim and firearms proficiency is in his DNA. Ex-Military, Chad was a key member of the Human Defense Corps. Brash and outspoken, Chad tends to fight Raven Red on every decision. Oh, and as to wearing a costume? Not gonna happen.

KORYAK (Aqualad)
    The illegitimate son of Aquaman (Another illegitimate child? Damn.), Koryak’s inherited all the usual Atlantean traits and even Hydrokinesis which is actually pretty rare. Raised on the surface, Koryak’s at home on land, using his enhanced strength/speed/durability in a fearsome fighting style.

I know we usually do teams based on other companies, like Avengers and such, so maybe this isn't the place to drop this post, but all the talk about Dark Crisis and the Future Staters and a possible next generation League got me thinking. If DC did try to do a next gen Justice team, and they tried to make it viable and sustainable and have it be cool as well as honest to the source material (it's a lot of requirements) what would that look like?

I love the satellite era League roster, it was a big group of DC's biggest A- and B-listers, with a couple smaller time guys tossed in for spice, so I figured I'd model the new team off that. Not a direct copy, with legacies/proxies for all sixteen satellite Leaguers, but a kind of spiritual successor, if that makes any sense? Something that looks like DC's future, but is still League worthy badass right now, and cool enough to be worth reading. After a bit of thought I ended up with.....

The Justice Legion.

Nightwing.
    Flash - Wally West.
    Cyborg.
    Raven.
    Starfire.
    Superman - Jon Kent.
    Wonder Girl - Yara Flor.
    Batwoman - Kate Kane.
    Aquaman - Jackson Hyde.
    Green Lantern - Jessica Cruz.
    Mr. Terrific.
    Vixen.
    Black Lightning.
    Naomi McDuffy.
    Stargirl.
    Atom - Ryan Choi.

Most of the roster have been active for at least a few years in-universe, and some have been active for a decade or more. The few rookies on the list have potential and are popular with fans. Pretty much all of them have some kind of larger media profile, or at least are direct legacies of famous Big Names. Team skews young enough to look properly "next gen" but not young enough to look like Teen Titans, and there's a few older faces to bring the perspective of age. Wide range of powers, skillsets, and personalities. And it's not called the Justice League, so maybe it'll feel more like a Society ----> League transition and not direct competition for the indominable Big 7 JLA?

And it's diverse AF, which should make DC and twitter happy.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I know we usually do teams based on other companies, like Avengers and such, so maybe this isn't the place to drop this post, but all the talk about Dark Crisis and the Future Staters and a possible next generation League got me thinking. If DC did try to do a next gen Justice team, and they tried to make it viable and sustainable and have it be cool as well as honest to the source material (it's a lot of requirements) what would that look like?

I love the satellite era League roster, it was a big group of DC's biggest A- and B-listers, with a couple smaller time guys tossed in for spice, so I figured I'd model the new team off that. Not a direct copy, with legacies/proxies for all sixteen satellite Leaguers, but a kind of spiritual successor, if that makes any sense? Something that looks like DC's future, but is still League worthy badass right now, and cool enough to be worth reading. After a bit of thought I ended up with.....

The Justice Legion.

Nightwing.
    Flash - Wally West.
    Cyborg.
    Raven.
    Starfire.
    Superman - Jon Kent.
    Wonder Girl - Yara Flor.
    Batwoman - Kate Kane.
    Aquaman - Jackson Hyde.
    Mr. Terrific.
    Vixen.
    Black Lightning.
    Naomi McDuffy.
    Stargirl.
    Atom - Ryan Choi.

Most of the roster have been active for at least a few years in-universe, and some have been active for a decade or more. The few rookies on the list have potential and are popular with fans. Pretty much all of them have some kind of larger media profile, or at least are direct legacies of famous Big Names. Team skews young enough to look properly "next gen" but not young enough to look like Teen Titans, and there's a few older faces to bring the perspective of age. Wide range of powers, skillsets, and personalities. And it's not called the Justice League, so maybe it'll feel more like a Society ----> League transition and not direct competition for the indominable Big 7 JLA?

^^^I like it!
    Nicely thought out.
    I hadn’t even thought of doing a post event team. Ty for sharing!

The Justice Legion.

Nightwing.
    Flash - Wally West.
    Cyborg.
    Raven.
    Starfire.
    Superman - Jon Kent.
    Wonder Girl - Yara Flor.
    Batwoman - Kate Kane.
    Aquaman - Jackson Hyde.
    Mr. Terrific.
    Vixen.
    Black Lightning.
    Naomi McDuffy.
    Stargirl.
    Atom - Ryan Choi.

As far as we now, will there even be any team books during or post dark crisis?

But yes Dick, Wally and Yara need to be on the same team, it'll be so much fun!!
    Last edited by WonderNight; 06-06-2022 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    As far as we now, will there even be any team books during or post dark crisis?

But yes Dick, Wally and Yara need to be on the same team, it'll be so much fun!!
    I think we know there won't be a League during Dark Crisis, but I'm not sure if we've heard anything about the aftermath.

Obviously DC won't go too long without a League book of course, and this event may well spawn a new team title or two as well. But we're definitely League-less until the Crisis passes.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I think we know there won't be a League during Dark Crisis, but I'm not sure if we've heard anything about the aftermath.

Obviously DC won't go too long without a League book of course, and this event may well spawn a new team title or two as well. But we're definitely League-less until the Crisis passes.
    So League or Titans books during dark crisis right? Sounds like a shack up.