Tim Kon
    Cass Cir
    Damian Jon
    Steph Linda
    Kate Irons
    Helena Peej
    Duke Kong
    Alfred Lois

Riv86672, Seeing your Big Hero 6 build made me rethink mine a bit. I know it's lazy since it's mostly the same, but I hope to find some inspiration for a new build very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Riv86672, Seeing your Big Hero 6 build made me rethink mine a bit. I know it's lazy since it's mostly the same, but I hope to find some inspiration for a new build very soon.
    ^^^
    Looking forward to you revisiting the idea, heck yeah!

I like the Old Man/Old Lady characters that have popped up over the years since Mark Millar popularized the idea. So mixing that w. a line up I enjoy building in different ways…:

GENERAL GLORY
    As a WWII Vet Double G is old even now. Add another 40 years and he’s looking downright grizzled. I mean, you can strike a match on this guy.

GREEN ARROW
    G.A. quit the Justice League ages ago and worked solo into his old age. This team appeals to him, though, in that it just wants to get the job done.

MAX MERCURY
    While helping fight the Reverse Flash, M.M. makes one of his infamous time jumps and winds up trying to save the world as part of this kooky quartet.

ZATANNA
    No matter the odds, Zee refuses to stop being a hero, constantly fighting being corrupted by her Darkside, in the form of the techno virus she was infected with.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I humbly present to you. Dc's

Illuminati.

Mr. Fantastic. Proffessor Xavier. Namor.

Dr Strange. Iron Man. Black Panther. Black Bolt

The Hawk God

Posting those was exceptionally challenging for me as I never do any uploading hosting blah blah. . . I'm gonna have to put the explanations off for now. Sorry.

I was looking back at this and I had an Idea for another thread.

"By any other name." Take your favorite story line and insert characters who could either A. Fit that story well or B. You would have loved it if it was their tale.

Example.

"All Star Superman" but with the Manhunter and his accruements and cast throughout the story.

Daredevil: Shadowland would become Nightwing: Shadowland (Or Green Arrow could work too)

Secret invasion with Martians has basically already been tried and failed a couple times but if it was done note for note it would be better in DC.

Annihilation set in the time when Kyle Was the only lantern.

What do you guys think?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    I humbly present to you. Dc's

Illuminati.

Mr. Fantastic. Proffessor Xavier. Namor.

Dr Strange. Iron Man. Black Panther. Black Bolt

The Hawk God

Posting those was exceptionally challenging for me as I never do any uploading hosting blah blah. . . I'm gonna have to put the explanations off for now. Sorry.
    DC already has Illuminati, it's just Batman. Tower of Babel pretty much showed he is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    DC already has Illuminati, it's just Batman. Tower of Babel pretty much showed he is the man.
    And same as the Illuminati, he screw it ... royally...twice.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Edited for content.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-03-2022 at 03:25 AM.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^I dig it!

Off the toppa my head…:

DC’s Endless Winter, replacing the 10th Century team with…

…the Avengers 1 Million B.C. team.

Nice. However I was kind of hoping Since this is the dc form It might flow the other way.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Giving Travis Morgan his own team loosely based on Marvel’s Starjammers. The Skar-Jammers?

TRAVIS MORGAN (Christopher Summers)
    Let’s see, both characters are U.S. Airforce fighter pilots who become stranded in alien environments, enslaved, and lead slave revolts to escape, becoming freedom fighters/adventurers known by cool sobriquets (Corsair/The Warlord). Both carry swords and pistols as weapons of choice and rock pretty cool facial hair.

SHAKIRA (Hepzibah)
    Travis Morgan’s partner in crime. Hepzibah‘s a Mephitisoid, a skunk-like species but often gets drawn as very catlike. Shakira’s a spear wielding badass who could originally go from human to cat form. She’s since gained the ability to partially transform, and can use her fangs and claws while otherwise remaining mostly human.

RYAND’R (Raza)
    Both characters are excellent Warriors and have orange skin plus cybernetic body parts. Ryand'r can’t fly or shoot starbolts but he’s really good w. firearms and bladed weapons. Most of his right arm is missing, replaced w. a mechanical one that lets him punch well above his weight class. The arm somehow uses Ryand'r‘s Tamaranean ability to process solar energy to build up a charge that can be released as a concussive blast, though doing so weakens Ryand'r physically so it’s an “use only in case of emergency” thing.

FRANKENSTEIN (Ch'od)
    Both characters are the big green guys on their respective teams. Both are normally pretty mellow but viscous when it comes time to fight. Frankenstein has a couple hundred years combat experience and is an excellent swordsman; he’s been carrying a sword that belonged to the Archangel Michael for many years now, and has an antique hand cannon shaped like a train he calls a Steam Gun.

DONNA TROY (Carol Danvers)
    Okay, both are strong women whose heroic identities are directly tied to other characters. Both have had cringey childbirth storylines (Baby Marcus/Immortus for Carol, Robert Long/Lord Chaos). Each has been depowered and gone into space, gaining new power sets; Carol as Binary, Donna as a Darkstar. Carol joined the Starjammers and Donna will join Travis Morgan’s team.

BLACK OPAL’S CLASP (Sikorsky)
    I thought of using Quislet or Skeets here, but wanted something more magic-y. Sikorsky’s a tiny armored dragonfly alien who flies around and serves as the Starjammers’ medic. Black Opal’s clasp is a sentient, incredibly evil fashion item that comes from Gemworld. It’s bound to and unwillingly serves Frankenstein and by extension the team, as magical advisor, floating around and making snarky comments. My weakest swap yeah, but I just wanted to get this one done!

Is it okay for a newbie to cheat?

There's no such team that I'm aware of, but I've always thought a team of the "replacement" characters from both companies would make for great team books.

Marvel: Rhodey/War Machine, John Walker/USAgent, Eric Masterson/Thunderstrike, Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider, Sharon Ventura/She-Thing, Beta Ray Bill. You could also establish that this team tries to get other fill-ins to join, like Bucky and Laura Linney, but they make it clear they feel they're above such a group.

For DC, this would be a lot harder since most of the characters that have been replacements have either moved on to and legitimized other identities or weren't replacements per se. For example, Steel never claimed to be Superman but should be on some team since DC doesn't know what to do with him. Jean-Paul Valley/Azrael would work, as would Artemis and Connor Hawke, but Dick, Wally, and Kyle wouldn't fit. Same would go for Conner or any former Robins. Not to mention continuity is so screwy these days, none of this might work at all.

Marvel’s 2018 Exiles team was prob. the kookiest lineup they ever had, and I kinda liked it.

ANNA FORTUNE (Blink)
    They’re the team leaders and teleporters of their respective teams; confident acrobatic fighters w. cool offensive weapons. Blink has energy javelins and Anna has spell casings, bullets she can fire from the armored gauntlet on her left hand each holding a powerful bit of magic for nearly every occasion.

WONDER GIRL (Valkyrie)
    Both women have awesome swords, dig on flying horses, and are the latest to take up a name w. a long legacy in each of their realities.

BAT-MITE (Wolvie)
    Wolvie is the cartoony version of one of Marvel’s most popular characters. Bat-Mite is the cartoony biggest fan of one of DC’s most popular characters.

POWERHOUSE (Ms. Marvel)
    Each of these characters is the older more grizzled version of the younger more optimistic heroes (Ms. Marvel and Power Girl) they once were.

BATWOMAN (Captain Carter)
    These versions of Peggy Carter and Selina Kyle each adopted heroic identities that mirror the heroes they’re most associated with, Captain America and Batman.

TOMAHAWK MAN (King)
    I’m surprised DC’s Earth-18 doesn’t have a version of Black Lightning. A name like that’s custom made for an old west gunslinger. Still, whoever came up w. Tomahawk Man deserves a raise. The name’s a great play on words, and swapping a deposed African Monarch that uses vibranium ammunition in his guns w. a flying Native American Warrior that uses Nth Metal weapons? Too sweet.

ALEXANDER LUTHOR JR. (Iron Lad)
    Both the young men have villainous roots, complex backstories, are geniuses who use technology on a whole other level…and May or may not be trustworthy.

DC’s version of the MCU Thunderbolts line up…:

Contessa Erica Alexandra Del Portenza as
    Contessa Valentina Allegra de Fontaine

Acrata as
    Ghost

Rocket Red as
    Red Guardian

Valentina Vostok as
    Yelena Belova

Red Hood as
    Winter Soldier

Prometheus as
    Taskmaster

Gunsmith as
    U.S. Agent
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-13-2022 at 07:47 PM.

A one-for-one swap of The Wasteland Avengers. I finally read the book yesterday and, it was pretty good. It was fun DCing it up.

EARTH-D SUPERGIRL (Dani Cage Thor)
    Pretty obscure character. Never heard of her till this build. Anyway, both are female versions of male characters who are the big guns of their respective realities.

SLOBO (Bruce Banner Jr.)
    Bruce is the son/grandson of “Pappy” Banner. The less said about that the better. Slobo isn’t technically Lobo’s son, but the Top Teen is a “blood” relation.

MICRON (Ant-Man)
    Dwight Barrett goes by and shrinks like Ant-Man, but he also grows like Goliath. Micron can shrink like The Atom, but his costume resembles, and he also grows like Atom Smasher.

BATMAN (Captain America)
    Out of 4,000 applicants, 99 were chosen, and only a man named Grant survived receiving one of the last samples of Captain America’s Super Soldier Serum. 400 years in the future, a small Army of Batman clones help keep order on a wide scale. This clone’s decided to go out on his own.

INDIGO (Viv Vision)
    Both characters are young artificial women w. an array of useful powers and abilities. Each has wound up w. some very visible wear and tear.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 09-30-2022 at 09:34 PM.

JUSTICE ENFORCERS

Red Hood (Leader)
    Black Adam
    Ravager (Deathstroke's daughter)
    Donna Troy
    Arkham Knight (Mystery character, who may or may not have powers (who could be a hero, who secretly believes in killing the bad guys))
    Plastic Man (wild card, trying to keep the team from going too far)