Page 79 of 133 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1993

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    Why not just use Nightwing as Night Thrasher. They are pretty much the same person.
    ^^^Thrash was more Batman than Nightwing…:

Dwayne Taylor grew up believing his rich parents were gunned down by criminals. Taylor's guardians, the ex-military sergeant Chord (a friend of his father's) and the elderly housekeeper Tai, supported Taylor's vow to make all criminals pay for their actions, helping him create the identity of Night Thrasher.
    But origins aside, I just wanted to use Batman!

CENTRIX (the national hero)
    All that is good about Canada, a superpowered Dudley Do-Right. He can generate waves of pure force to fly, create protective fields, and even concussive blasts. He's incredibly rich, and finances the team.

SANDMAN (the sneaky guy)
    Trained in espionage, h2h combat, weapons use. Geokinesis let’s him turn his body to sand, stone, phase through the earth, cause localized earthquakes etc. He occasionally has spooky, prophetic nightmares.

FREIGHT TRAIN (the big guy)
    A one time mercenary and thug for hire now gone legit. With the power of kinetic energy absorption, he can increase his strength, size, mass, durability, and density while at the same time becoming faster and faster.

PLASTIQUE (the femme fatale)
    A former political activist and terrorist, pardoned for her crimes. She can produce powerful explosions through bio-chemical projection. She still has all sorts of shady criminal contacts she can call on.

CAPTAIN ATOM (the boyfriend)
    A physical juggernaut, able to manipulate energy and matter via his connection to the Quantum Field. Emigrated to Canada when his girlfriend Plastique accepted the invitation to join this new team.

EQUINOX (the kid)
    Possesses the power of the Midayo, embodiment of the seven pillars of Cree life. Her powerset changes w. the seasons. She’s quickly become the team’s conscience, and Plastique’s “little sister”.

DC’s Champions of Los Angeles. This one was fun.

VARTOX (Hercules)
    Lots of Herc parallels here. Vartox is the MANLIEST of manly men. He has AWESOME facial hair. Awesome CHEST hair. A revealing costume. All women WANT him. All men want to BE him. This ruggedly handsome powerhouse LIVES for battle.

THE WONDER TWINS (Angel and Iceman)
    A young dynamic duo here. Zan can turn into water in all of its states, to include ice. Jayna can assume any animal form, with or without wings.

LADY BLACKHAWK (Black Widow)
    Wearing black leather and sporting a pair of .45s, Zinda Blake is not the woman to mess with. She can pilot anything that flies (to include Vartox’s space yacht, currently moored a few hundred feet above Venice Beach), and order beer in 30 languages.

BLUE DEVIL (Ghost Rider)
    Johnny Blaze was a motorcycle stunt rider before going demonic, and Dan Cassidy was a Hollywood stuntman, who’s now back in L.A. I’m looking forward to Dan getting a visit from his pal Detective Chimp, leading up to an epic encounter with the Wonder Twins’ space monkey Gleek.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Continuing what I was doing in the Marvel build thread. Wondering how Batman would put together a League based on a New Warriors template.

BATMAN (Night Thrasher)
    It’s Batman. He needs no introduction.

CAPTAIN COMET (Justice)
    DC’s original mutant brings a hundred years experience, superior physical stats, and high level TK and TP powers. He has the space connections the League relies on when they head off planet.

MERA (Namorita)
    With Aquaman busy as a stay at home dad (and you know, ruling Atlantis), Mera’s free to join the team. She brings mad fighting skills, a versatile powerset, and it doesn’t hurt that she has the entire scientific, magical, and Military might of Atlantis in her back pocket in case of emergency.

THE RAY (Nova)
    Batman thinks it’s a crime that Ray Terrill has basically retired, simply using his powers in his daily commute to and from work, and he’s going to rectify that.

FIRE (Firestar)
    In her pyroplasmic form, Fire’s able to burn at 4,000 °C, more than twice as hot as a volcano. Batman’s known her since she first joined the League. He trusts her implicitly.

IMPULSE (Speedball)
    Of all the many (many) speedsters Batman could have chosen for the team, he chose…Impulse. It’s not something Impulse takes lightly, and he’s going to work his butt off to prove Bats made the right choice.
    Loved this. The Warriors are one of my favorite Marvel teams and just by including Captain Comet (as Justice, which is perfect) made this even more special for me.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Loved this. The Warriors are one of my favorite Marvel teams and just by including Captain Comet (as Justice, which is perfect) made this even more special for me.

Peace
    ^^^Am really glad you liked it, Ty!

With Stargirl and Red Arrow out searching for the JSA’s missing sidekicks it got me thinking about another sidekick character the team had.

I took my cue for my new Young All-Stars from Marvel’s Liberteens, who took their cue from the Liberty Legion. I wound up w. a group of mostly obscure characters, all but one of which have at least a tenuous link (in my mind) to the JSA or WWII.

THE ALL AMERICAN KID (The Revolutionary)
    The Liberteen’s Revolutionary wound up being a Skrull, part of an invasion plan to conquer Earth. The All American Kid wound up being a young villain named Karnevil, who passed himself off as Mr. America’s sidekick in order to undo the JSA.
    Now someone new’s taken the identity, in order to redeem it, even going so far as to recruit a team of his own, and take a name w. a lot of history behind it.

OFFSPRING (2-D)
    The pliable son of Plastic Man, who was originally active during WWII, and a member of the JSA’s expansion team the All-Star Squadron.

WONDER GIRL (Ms. America)
    Patriotically themed powerhouse Cassie Sandsmark’s mentor Wonder Woman was a member of the JSA (until she wasn’t), and then Wonder Woman’s mother Hippolyta was a member of the JSA (until she wasn’t).

GOLDEN EAGLE (Blue Eagle)
    The half Thanagarian winged warrior was the short lived sidekick of Hawkman, one of the JSA’s founding members.

PRYSM (Hope)
    No actual JSA/WWII connection here. I just like this character, and she makes a decent stand in for the Diamond skinned Hope.

ICICLE II (Iceberg)
    Icicle II’s dad was a long standing member of the Injustice Society, sworn enemies of the JSA. Before going straight, Icicle II was himself part of a new Injustice Society.

TRAJECTORY (Whiz Kid)
    Trajectory grew up in Manchester Alabama with, and was inspired to become a hero by, Impulse, who was mentored by Max Mercury, who fought crime during WWII.

Spectacular Member

DC’s Champions of Los Angeles. This one was fun.

VARTOX (Hercules)
    Lots of Herc parallels here. Vartox is the MANLIEST of manly men. He has AWESOME facial hair. Awesome CHEST hair. A revealing costume. All women WANT him. All men want to BE him. This ruggedly handsome powerhouse LIVES for battle.

THE WONDER TWINS (Angel and Iceman)
    A young dynamic duo here. Zan can turn into water in all of its states, to include ice. Jayna can assume any animal form, with or without wings.

LADY BLACKHAWK (Black Widow)
    Wearing black leather and sporting a pair of .45s, Zinda Blake is not the woman to mess with. She can pilot anything that flies (to include Vartox’s space yacht, currently moored a few hundred feet above Venice Beach), and order beer in 30 languages.

BLUE DEVIL (Ghost Rider)
    Johnny Blaze was a motorcycle stunt rider before going demonic, and Dan Cassidy was a Hollywood stuntman, who’s now back in L.A. I’m looking forward to Dan getting a visit from his pal Detective Chimp, leading up to an epic encounter with the Wonder Twins’ space monkey Gleek.
    fetchimage?siteId=7575&v=2&jpgQuality=100&width=700&url=https%u00253A%u00252F%u00252Fi.kym-cdn.c.jpg
    10char

We all know continuity in the DC universe is about as durable as cleanix left out in the rain. Well, here's the team that's working to protect it.

Crisis Control

Someone one messing around with time travel, opening portals to another reality, or the like? It's these guys job to step in and fix it or send them back.

Baron Winters: About the least trustworthy man you're ever likely to meet. Winters gathers the team together and alerts them of any threats to the fabric of space/time. Baron Winters is unable to leave his mansion, Winters Manor, but often team members will find themselves inside it after going through perfectly ordinary doors or even going to sleep in their own homes and waking up there. The Baron is a man packed with secrets. One of those secrets is that he considers each member of his team another loose thread that he'll have to someday snip.

Donna Troy. Donna basically became field commander of the team. She doesn't talk much about her past and when she does, some of her stories tend to contradict each other. Otherwise she tends to come across as the perfect hero and everybody's friend.

Fairchild. Fairchild dreams that someday her name will be spoke of in the same tone and context as people like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman and that she'll lead a team just as beloved as the Justice League or Teen Titans. It's not going to be this team though, as everything she brings to the table, Donna surpasses, and frankly, it kind irritates her at times. On top of that, somehow she's the only one that seems to get her clothes ripped to shreds whenever they go into battle. Fairchild sometimes feels like she just doesn't fit into this world (she doesn't).

If times are really desperate, she'll call in her friends, Gen 13, to help out and they have a bad habit of making things even worse.

Animal Man Buddy is a nice enough guy. Very supportive of things like veganism and animal rights, perhaps even a bit too stiff and white collar. He also has a rather bizarre take on how reality works that he prefers not to talk to much about. He has a wife, two kids, and a neighbor that just may have created many of his stories in the past.

Hitman. Despite killing people for money, Tommy Monaghan might just be the most normal member of the team as frequently serves as the point of view character. Tommy was basically retconned except whatever force did it forgot to reset his memories. In short, he remembers watching friends and loved ones die then then getting gunned down and bleeding to death himself. Then he woke up the next day. People that died were still alive and many of the things that he remembers supposedly never happened. He's still trying to deal with what this means exactly.

Triumph. Triumph is brash, egotistical, and arrogant. He feels this place in the universe was stolen and isn't above adopting more villainous means if it means he gets to be an A-List hero again.

Lobo If you're thinking about so super violent dirty biker, you're thinking about somebody else. This Lobo hates that guy. This Lobo is more of the quite brooding loner like some 13 year old's badass original character. It's not an attitude he tends to get away with around his team mates.

Bizarro. Bizarro is the teams nuclear option. He can defeat whatever they're up against, but if you use him, you're just going to mess everything up. Not even Baron Winters really knows where this guy came from and Bizarro's stories don't make a lot of sense either. Bizarro has also decided that if he's going to be a superhero, he needs a secret identity so whenever he fights evil, he first puts on an ill fitting suit and insists on being called Clark Bizarro so nobody will know who he really is.

I have this idea for sometime...

Young Watchmen.jpg
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    We all know continuity in the DC universe is about as durable as cleanix left out in the rain. Well, here's the team that's working to protect it.

Crisis Control

Someone one messing around with time travel, opening portals to another reality, or the like? It's these guys job to step in and fix it or send them back.

Baron Winters: About the least trustworthy man you're ever likely to meet. Winters gathers the team together and alerts them of any threats to the fabric of space/time. Baron Winters is unable to leave his mansion, Winters Manor, but often team members will find themselves inside it after going through perfectly ordinary doors or even going to sleep in their own homes and waking up there. The Baron is a man packed with secrets. One of those secrets is that he considers each member of his team another loose thread that he'll have to someday snip.

Donna Troy. Donna basically became field commander of the team. She doesn't talk much about her past and when she does, some of her stories tend to contradict each other. Otherwise she tends to come across as the perfect hero and everybody's friend.

Fairchild. Fairchild dreams that someday her name will be spoke of in the same tone and context as people like Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman and that she'll lead a team just as beloved as the Justice League or Teen Titans. It's not going to be this team though, as everything she brings to the table, Donna surpasses, and frankly, it kind irritates her at times. On top of that, somehow she's the only one that seems to get her clothes ripped to shreds whenever they go into battle. Fairchild sometimes feels like she just doesn't fit into this world (she doesn't).

If times are really desperate, she'll call in her friends, Gen 13, to help out and they have a bad habit of making things even worse.

Animal Man Buddy is a nice enough guy. Very supportive of things like veganism and animal rights, perhaps even a bit too stiff and white collar. He also has a rather bizarre take on how reality works that he prefers not to talk to much about. He has a wife, two kids, and a neighbor that just may have created many of his stories in the past.

Hitman. Despite killing people for money, Tommy Monaghan might just be the most normal member of the team as frequently serves as the point of view character. Tommy was basically retconned except whatever force did it forgot to reset his memories. In short, he remembers watching friends and loved ones die then then getting gunned down and bleeding to death himself. Then he woke up the next day. People that died were still alive and many of the things that he remembers supposedly never happened. He's still trying to deal with what this means exactly.

Triumph. Triumph is brash, egotistical, and arrogant. He feels this place in the universe was stolen and isn't above adopting more villainous means if it means he gets to be an A-List hero again.

Lobo If you're thinking about so super violent dirty biker, you're thinking about somebody else. This Lobo hates that guy. This Lobo is more of the quite brooding loner like some 13 year old's badass original character. It's not an attitude he tends to get away with around his team mates.

Bizarro. Bizarro is the teams nuclear option. He can defeat whatever they're up against, but if you use him, you're just going to mess everything up. Not even Baron Winters really knows where this guy came from and Bizarro's stories don't make a lot of sense either. Bizarro has also decided that if he's going to be a superhero, he needs a secret identity so whenever he fights evil, he first puts on an ill fitting suit and insists on being called Clark Bizarro so nobody will know who he really is.
    ^^^Great concept. Great team.
    I can’t believe you used THAT Lobo, and made it WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I have this idea for sometime...

Young Watchmen.jpg
    ^^^What a clever ass concept! Wish I’d thought of it.

______
    TITANS
    WEST

CYBORG
    Vic Stone has a history with Titans West (sometimes East), in both comics and cartoons. Him as team leader makes a certain sense to me.

DAMAGE
    A new recruit, who’s never been a Titan. Ethan Avery is a favorite character of mine, and a legit team wrecker when using his Hour of Power.

OSIRIS
    Thunderous Demi-god Amon Tomaz has died and come back. Twice. Third time’s the charm as he’s determined to make up for past mistakes.

ARSENAL
    Roy Harper’s never been seen as an A-list hero. Hes more the guy you get when you can’t get Nightwing. He’s great though, so he’s definitely in.

TEMPEST
    Like Roy, Garth’s had some good moments as a Titan and in other ppl’s books, but isn’t seen as one of THE guys. Time for a few more good moments.

FLAMEBIRD
    Gotta have Bette Kane on the team. She makes Titans West really feel like Titans West. I dislike the Hawkfire identity so she’s back as Flamebird.

^^^Great concept. Great team.
    I can’t believe you used THAT Lobo, and made it WORK!
    Glad ya' like it. I've had the idea bouncing around in my head for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Glad ya' like it. I've had the idea bouncing around in my head for a while now.
    ^^^You should bounce even more stuff, man!

Speaking of which…:
    Last edited by Riv86672; 12-16-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Directly inspired by Alan2099‘s excellent Daughters of Darkness build over in the Marvel thread.

I kept thinking on how good it was so I finally sat down to see if I could do a one for one swap of his team using DC characters. It didn’t turn out as good as Alan2099‘s but it’s passable!

TRACI 13 (Jennifer Kale)
    Each is a young, skilled magic user, though neither is considered top tier.

PAT TRACE (Lynn Michaels)
    Both took up the mantle of a badass gun toting anti-hero.

ELSA BLOODSTONE (Scandal Savage)
    Each is a highly skilled fighter and weapons expert w. an immortal dad.

SECRET (Dead Girl)
    Both have a variety of ghostly powers due to their being caught in between life and death.

ARTEMIS (Angela)
    Each loves the thrill of battle, and is the sister of a prominent hero w. ties to Godly pantheons.

THORN (Typhoid Mary)
    Both women share their minds and bodies w. Sexy, violent, street level heroines.