Page 83 of 134 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2008

Was discussing Arrowette seemingly coming out of retirement in the upcoming Green Arrow book in the DC forum, so I figured Hell if that’s the case I’ll use her in a build.

Here she is leading a group of ne’er do wells, tweeners, and angry heroes loosely based on the Thunderbolts when Hawkeye took over after quitting the Avengers during the Busiek era.

ARROWETTE (Hawkeye)
    One of DC’s more underrated archers, Cissie King-Jones is back and (heh heh) aiming to make this a formidable team.

ATOM SMASHER (Atlas)
    Yeah, he’s been shown to have a bit of a temper, but he’s working on it.

STAR SAPPHIRE (Moonstone)
    At one one point, when Carol Ferris operated as Star Sapphire, she took on a villainous mirror persona, but that hasn’t been an issue in ages. I mean, it’s not like that personality’s been hiding inside her all along waiting for just the right time to re-emerge…

SILVER SWAN (Songbird)
    Empowered by the Greek God Mars, Helen Alexandros has the face of a Botticelli, the body of a Degas, and the voice of an Angel.

IMAN (Mach I, II, III, IV, V…)
    A gifted engineer who went to College in America on a Wayne Industries scholarship, Diego Irigoye became an astronaut for S.T.A.R. Labs. After his mother was kidnapped and murdered in Mexico City, Diego built an armored suit reminiscent of a Harrier Jet, captured the killers, and became the superhero Iman. His sometimes extreme methods of dealing w. criminals have put him at odds w. his Country’s fellow heroes, which has served to piss him off.

LIGHTNING (Jolt)
    At 15 Ayla’s the youngest member of the team, but she’s been through some stuff. She and her brother were held prisoner and experimented on by an evil organization; her brother was murdered not long after they escaped. She’s a living generator, able to store, unleash, and (mostly) control huge amounts of electricity. Ayla’s taken to hanging out w. the reclusive Tar Pit.

TAR PIT (Charcoal)
    Joseph Monteleone‘s asphalt body is super strong and invulnerable. He can heat his body to about 900 degrees, fling flaming chunks of tar, trap ppl in his body, and emit toxic chemicals that can injure or incapacitate opponents. Joseph never wanted any of this. In Keystone City he’s a Rogue, but somewhere else might be a fresh start. Self conscious about his appearance he keeps his distance from his teammates, except for Ayla, who’s pretty easy to talk to.

A Kooky Quartet type team put together by J'onn J'onzz, looking to reform and/or guide three young metahumans.

MARTIAN MANHUNTER (Captain America)
    Like Captain America, J’onn’s the heart of his team (he just gets no respect), and would be looking to keep the League going.

LIAR LIAR (Scarlet Witch)
    Emma Deropalis’ psionic ability to create illusions can intrude on reality itself. She can unleash psi waves powerful enough to shatter concrete and steel. Her most easy to abuse power though, is mind control. She is after all, the daughter of Maxwell Lord.

CAPTAIN BOOMERANG (Hawkeye)
    Owen Mercer’s the trash talking son of the original Captain Boomerang. He’s played at being both a hero and a villain. Thing is, J’onn doesn’t play. Owen uses a wide variety of trick boomerangs, each w. their own special properties, and employs them w. masterful skill.

BOLT (Quicksilver)
    Unlike other speedsters who can run at superspeed continuously, Alinta taps into the Speed Force and gains speed in short bursts, making her a "Speed Force sprinter”. She’s been targeted by Amanda Waller, and is headed for a dark future. J’onn’s gotten a glimpse of that future and is determined not to let Waller anywhere near Alinta.

My Justice Society Odyssey story will be more magic oriented than space focused.

JADE (Jessica Cruz)
    As Alan Scott’s daughter, Jade’s a JSA legacy, empowered by the mystical Starheart, and has major leadership skills.

POWERGIRL (Starfire)
    The beautiful, powerful, kickass alien warrior is always fun to have on a JSA team.

SANDY HAWKINS (Azrael)
    Veteran JSAer Sandy Hawkins’ prophetic nightmares have been especially vivid recently, and connected to this mission.

AMAZING MAN (Cyborg)
    Another JSA legacy, Amazing Man’d rather be back in New Orleans, but can’t in good conscience refuse the team’s request for help.

MORDRU (Darkseid)
    I’m betting the inexplicably good for some odd reason long time JSA enemy will go back to his evil ways before all is said and done.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I didn't even know this thread existed. I hope this fits the topic properly.

A few weeks ago, I was mulling around the idea of The Super Friends done with newer versions of prior characters, and jokingly came up with Super Friends 2.0.

In place of Flash, Impulse.
    In place of Aquaman (Arthur), Aquaman (Kaldor)
    In place of Roin (Dick), Robin (Tim)
    In place of Batman, Nightwing
    In place of Superman (Clark), Superman (Jon)
    In place of Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl (Yara)
    The updated / rebooted Wonder Twins
    In place of Green Lantern, Teen Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I didn't even know this thread existed. I hope this fits the topic properly.

A few weeks ago, I was mulling around the idea of The Super Friends done with newer versions of prior characters, and jokingly came up with Super Friends 2.0.

In place of Flash, Impulse.
    In place of Aquaman (Arthur), Aquaman (Kaldor)
    In place of Roin (Dick), Robin (Tim)
    In place of Batman, Nightwing
    In place of Superman (Clark), Superman (Jon)
    In place of Wonder Woman, Wonder Girl (Yara)
    The updated / rebooted Wonder Twins
    In place of Green Lantern, Teen Lantern

^^^This is very fun line up. I esp. like you adding Teen Lantern!

In France they call the Suicide Squad Royale with DEATH!

Anyway, this is a French version of the team, based on the line up from the first DCEU movie.

FRANCOIS BORILLON (Rick Flag)
    A veteran Govt. Operative who busted a bunch of corrupt higher ups across multiple Agencies, doing the right thing but screwing himself out of any future career oportunities. His ”lateral promotion” in the wake of his actions was getting put in charge of the Squad.

GUILLOTINE (Katana)
    Due to an ancestor's evil bargain w. Demonic forces, Giillotine’s forced to wield a cursed magical sword that constantly tempts her to kill. She at least tries to use it for good, though. Case in point, acting as Borillon’s body guard on the Squad.

BABY KILLER (Deadshot)
    Ex-agent of Euroforce Mikhail Zamoska’s a 60 year old Polish Special Forces General; a highly trained stone cold killer. His mind’s in his own amped up clone body, age 14. He was caught freelancing (assassinations and kidnappings) between missions and sentenced to the Squad.

PRINCESS PYTHON (Harley Quinn)
    She’s the flirty feisty femme fatale, who cracks wise on everyone around her to the point it’s actually kind of shocking when she suddenly shoots/stabs/uses her 30 foot rock Python “Precious” to asphyxiate someone. Caught commiting a crime in England, she was deported to her native France where she struck a deal to join the Squad.

BATROC THE LEAPER (Captain Boomerang)
    The self styled Savant of Savate, Batroc is seemingly goofy but is actually quite a clever mercenary/criminal. In terms of skill, well, he’s gone, (heh heh) toe to toe w. Captain America, which is, (heh heh) no small feat!

DR. CROCODILE (Killer Croc)

The President in exile of the African Country of M'bangawi, the powerful cyborg w. a hideously scarred face has agreed to engage in a set number of missions w. the Squad, after which he’ll lead them in a surgical strike against the rat bastards that deposed him, get back control of his Country and free his ppl.

BEVATRON (Diablo)
    The Squad’s energy weilder, who doesn’t want to use his power. Being murdered and coming back to life’s made Bevatron very paranoid, and even more cowardly. He was quite happy in his cell at a supermax metahuman prison. The other Squad members are constantly trying to goad him into “unleashing the beast”. Thing is, if and when the former Hellion does so, and remembers how good it felt to fry ppl to a crisp, they might not like what happens next.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-29-2023 at 01:17 PM.

A Quest type team based on the great eternally late Battle Chasers book.

SUPERGIRL (Gully)
    The strongest little girl in the world, Ariella Kent‘s been targeted by evil forces, and they’ve been chasing her through time and space.

PHANTOM STRANGER (Knolan)
    P.S. has that George Clooney silver fox thing going, and he’s been around since Biblical times so he fits the old guy magic user bill.

THE SHINING KNIGHT (Garrison)
    A time displaced Arthurian Knight w. enchanted magic resistant armor and a sword that can cut through damn near anything.

WARBOX (Calibretto)
    Because every little girl should have a teddy bear!

ENCANTADORA (Red Monika)
    A sexy dressed in red thief who trades in magical artifacts. Her latest scheme has her running into the others, and trying to make the Shining Knight blush.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    In France they call the Suicide Squad Royale with DEATH!

Anyway, this is a French version of the team, based on the line up from the first DCEU movie.

FRANCOIS BORILLON (Rick Flag)
    A veteran Govt. Operative who busted a bunch of corrupt higher ups across multiple Agencies, doing the right thing but screwing himself out of any future career oportunities. His ”lateral promotion” in the wake of his actions was getting put in charge of the Squad.

GUILLOTINE (Katana)
    Due to an ancestor's evil bargain w. Demonic forces, Giillotine’s forced to wield a cursed magical sword that constantly tempts her to kill. She at least tries to use it for good, though. Case in point, acting as Borillon’s body guard on the Squad.

BABY KILLER (Deadshot)
    Ex-agent of Euroforce Mikhail Zamoska’s a 60 year old Polish Special Forces General; a highly trained stone cold killer. His mind’s in his own amped up clone body, age 14. He was caught freelancing (assassinations and kidnappings) between missions and sentenced to the Squad.

PRINCESS PYTHON (Harley Quinn)
    She’s the flirty feisty femme fatale, who cracks wise on everyone around her to the point it’s actually kind of shocking when she suddenly shoots/stabs/uses her 30 foot rock Python “Precious” to asphyxiate someone. Caught commiting a crime in England, she was deported to her native France where she struck a deal to join the Squad.

BATROC THE LEAPER (Captain Boomerang)
    The self styled Savant of Savate, Batroc is seemingly goofy but is actually quite a clever mercenary/criminal. In terms of skill, well, he’s gone, (heh heh) toe to toe w. Captain America, which is, (heh heh) no small feat!

DR. CROCODILE (Killer Croc)

The President in exile of the African Country of M'bangawi, the powerful cyborg w. a hideously scarred face has agreed to engage in a set number of missions w. the Squad, after which he’ll lead them in a surgical strike against the rat bastards that deposed him, get back control of his Country and free his ppl.

BEVATRON (Diablo)
    The Squad’s energy weilder, who doesn’t want to use his power. Being murdered and coming back to life’s made Bevatron very paranoid, and even more cowardly. He was quite happy in his cell at a supermax metahuman prison. The other Squad members are constantly trying to goad him into “unleashing the beast”. Thing is, if and when the former Hellion does so, and remembers how good it felt to fry ppl to a crisp, they might not like what happens next.
    I think you posrted this one in the wrong forum. Good choices, anyway.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

DC's X-Factor.

A government superhero team tasked with metahuman-related crimes.

Grant Emerson/Damage - The leader and Havok equivalent.

Frances Kane/Magenta - Second-in-command. She takes the Polaris role with both being women with power over magnetism and mental health issues they struggle with.

Billy Numerous - The Multiple Man equivalent with power of duplication.

Wallace Rudolph "Ace" West - The Quicksilver equivalent with super speed.

Tom Bronson/Wildcat - The Wolfsbane equivalent. Kind of serves as the Strong Guy equivalent since I can't think of a good equivalent for him.

Russell Wolf/Chindi - The team's engineer and Forge equivalent.

Dakota Jamison - The government liaison and Val Cooper equivalent.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-01-2023 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think you posrted this one in the wrong forum. Good choices, anyway.
    ^^^HA! I guess I did.

Glad you liked it, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    DC's X-Factor.

Frances Kane/Magenta - Second-in-command. She takes the Polaris role with both being women with power over magnetism and mental health issues they struggle with.

Tom Bronson/Wildcat - The Wolfsbane equivalent. Kind of serves as the Strong Guy equivalent since I can't think of a good equivalent for him.

^^^This is REALLY good!
    Damage as Havok is such a great pick! You got my creative juices flowing; I want to try this one!

DC's X-Factor.

^^^Okay, here’s what I came up with…:

DAMAGE (Havok)
    I just HAD to use Grant for Alex. You totally nailed that one. I was curious if I could do the rest of the team without heisting any more of your guys, though.

AURA (Polaris)
    Aura’s a Chinese American heroine w. magnetic powers. She was in consideration to be a Titan once, but Cyborg vetoed it, calling her an underage binge drinker. Well, she’s 21 now, and still loves to party.

FREIGHT TRAIN (Strong Guy)
    Both guys have the same basic kinetic absorption powerset. Both have worked as bodyguards. Both wear sunglasses. Both talk a lot of smack, though Freight Train isn’t so much funny as confrontational.

DOUBLE TROUBLE (Multiple Man)
    D.B. generates fully functioning copies of himself. He doesn’t suffer if any of his copies is injured/killed but THEY feel it is he’s injured. D.B. has emotional issues and sometimes thinks HE might be the copy.

WILD GIRL (Wolfsbane)
    The youngest team member at 16, W.G. has feral abilities, able to jump, run, climb, like an animal. She has enhanced senses, accelerated healing, and surprising strength. She also communicates w. animals.

MAX MERCURY (Quicksilver)
    Going w. the original Quicksilver. Max is going to have to be the voice of reason on this team, as most of the others are a little high maintenance, hot tempered, inexperienced, etc.

DC's X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^Okay, here’s what I came up with…:

DAMAGE (Havok)
    I just HAD to use Grant for Alex. You totally nailed that one. I was curious if I could do the rest of the team without heisting any more of your guys, though.

AURA (Polaris)
    Aura’s a Chinese American heroine w. magnetic powers. She was in consideration to be a Titan once, but Cyborg vetoed it, calling her an underage binge drinker. Well, she’s 21 now, and still loves to party.

FREIGHT TRAIN (Strong Guy)
    Both guys have the same basic kinetic absorption powerset. Both have worked as bodyguards. Both wear sunglasses. Both talk a lot of smack, though Freight Train isn’t so much funny as confrontational.

DOUBLE TROUBLE (Multiple Man)
    D.B. generates fully functioning copies of himself. He doesn’t suffer if any of his copies is injured/killed but THEY feel it is he’s injured. D.B. has emotional issues and sometimes thinks HE might be the copy.

WILD GIRL (Wolfsbane)
    The youngest team member at 16, W.G. has feral abilities, able to jump, run, climb, like an animal. She has enhanced senses, accelerated healing, and surprising strength. She also communicates w. animals.

MAX MERCURY (Quicksilver)
    Going w. the original Quicksilver. Max is going to have to be the voice of reason on this team, as most of the others are a little high maintenance, hot tempered, inexperienced, etc.
    Ha! I also thought of Freight Train as an equivalent to Strong Guy. But I thought of Silent Majority as analog to Multiple Man.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Ha! I also thought of Freight Train as an equivalent to Strong Guy. But I thought of Silent Majority as analog to Multiple Man.
    ^^^I too must ha! I was thinking Silent Majority for Multiple Man too, and ran across Double Trouble on accident!

Hellenders

A team tasked with beating back the forces of hell.

Sureshot - Team leader.

Henrietta Jessup - Second-in-command.

Paige Braverock (Original character) - Researcher and technology expert.

Marcia Hargis - Electrokinetic metahuman and medic.

Bloodwind - Magic expert.

Lilith Clay - Precognitive.

Ferdinand - Minotaur powerhouse and chef.

Faith - Telepath and special operative.

Villains include Nero, Dalkriig-Hath, Satannus and Blaze and Scorcher

I just read the Last Ronin and I wonder what if Beast Boy was set in a post-apocalyptic future where he was the last or one of the very few Titans left. There was Old Man Logan and The Last Ronin, and I just thought of Garfield because he shares the same name as Wolverine and he is usually a light-hearted prankster like Michaelangelo, this concept is based on the old man logan comic with some influence from the Logan movie for this concept.

Beast Boy (Old Man Logan)

One of the very few last surviving members of the Titans, in an event that legends have called 'Titanomachy' where the villains participate in a 'Titans hunt' where they decided to hunt down and kill the premier heroes of Earth. Garfield has lost so many people in his life, and the amount of mental trauma changed him both physically and mentally now no longer the fun-loving prankster he is a motivated and focused individual with an arsenal of both the animal and protist kingdom.

Deathstroke (Hawkeye)

Garfield's greatest archnemesis and frenemy. Slade now retired from villainy will teach him how to use his powers effectively so he can avenge his fallen family. He believes that with his powers he can be an apex predator.

Psimon (Mysterio)

A powerful psionic, he uses his power to tamper with Raven's mind with illusions and manipulate her mind into a demonic state killing most of her comrades.

The Mutants (Hulk Gang)

A gang of thugs who will beat up or kill people when they don't pay their rent on time, they work for their grandfather, the Blockbuster

Blockbuster (Hulk)

No one knew for sure what caused his drastic change, some say that it was a powerful variant of the formula that made him. He is a powerful mob boss that rules the city of Bludhaven.

Athanasia al Ghul (Kingpin)

This Athanasia al Ghul overthrew and killed Damian Wayne (who was a peaceful ruler) when he became too weak to defend himself. She now rules the League of Assassins with an iron fist and gains control of most territories.

Respawn (Spider-Bitch)

The son of Deathstroke tags along with both Logan and Slade. He secretly tends to take over the LOA.

Jayna (X-23)

This version of Jayna is the daughter of Beast Boy and Raven who was created by Brother Blood using an alchemical mix of both advanced science and sorcery in their covert facility, N.O.W.H.E.R.E., The Church of Blood have been worshippers of Trigon or the red, Sebastian decides to kill two birds with one stone by using both former Titans' DNA to create a powerful specimen to unlock the true power of both the Red and Trigon. Sebastian theorized that Garfield's genetic code is the key to unlocking the true power of the red by adapting to Raven's cambionic blood. He intended for her to be a living portal/key for the red so she can be served as a key to control and dominate all life on earth.

Mammoth (Caliban)

Former enemy of the Titans, Brian now felt remorse for his actions, N.O.W.H.E.R.E enhanced his meta gene and now can sense metahumans within his vicinity he is being used as a hound for hire by various territories so no metas can ever be a threat to their rule.

Raven (Professor Xavier)

It was a toss-up between either Mento or Raven. The amount of emotional trauma from the 'Titanomachy' released a wave of destructive energy which put her in a vulnerable state, The trauma she endured can sometimes interfere with her empathic/telepathic abilities. Garfield offers himself as her caretaker and provides her with empathy and compassion like she did with him when they were younger.
    Attached Images Attached Images