Page 87 of 133 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1993

Been discussing the new Green Arrow book at a couple of sites, specifically Connor Hawke; I thought of him leading a Titans type team based loosely on the original line up.

The hook here is it’d be a globe trotting Titans without borders. There are tons of characters and places they could meet and go to.

So in place of Speedy, Wonder Girl Donna, Kid Flash, Aqualad and Robin we have Connor Hawke, Wonder Girl Yara, Avery Ho Flash, Aqua Girl and The Signal.

The DC Universe has a abnormally high percentage of crime committed by gorillas. There's the whole thing with Gorilla City, Gorilla Grodd, Titano, the white ape form of Ultra Humanite, The Mod Gorilla Boss, and when gorillas are not commit crimes, Superman is probabaly trying to marry somebody to one. It's time the heroes did something about it.

They've created a special Task Force just to deal with gorilla, ape, monkey, and various other simian crime.

Meet, the Banana Bunch (Note: first order of business, coming up with a better name.)

This isn't one of those teams that's is always together and hangs out in a special headquarters or anything, this is one of those groups that comes together when they get the summons.

The team consists of

FLASH (Wally) who is acting leader simply because he's one of the few heroes with a recurring gorilla enemy in his rogue's gallery.

Animal Man and Beastboy: They are able to use the apes own abilities against them. Also, don't they sound like they should already be a crime fighting duo? Go ahead and say their names together.

Congo Bill/Congorilla: When the adventurer Congo Bill rubs his magic ring, his mind is transferred to the body of the great Golden Gorilla (and the gorilla's mind is put in his body.) Later comics had him permanently in gorilla form, but honestly, that isn't nearly as much fun as a guy that can swap bodies witha gorilla, so let's undo that.

Detective Chimp: Because you gotta have Detective Chimp

Plastic Man: He just heard about the team and thought it sounded fun.

Robot Man: Because the exact opposite of an evil gorilla is a robot with a human brain. Don't question it. It's science.

Rima the Jungle Girl: You gotta have a jungle girl on a team like this and Rima used to be one of the super-friends. Plus she gets bonus points for having unique look and not just being girl in an animal skinned bikini.

Blue Beetle and Booster Gold: These two didn't realize people were being serious when they asked for volunteers for the anti-gorilla team.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^He prob. switched to his offhand to get the art style just right.

You know, the really weird thing is, it’s actually a fairly powerful team!
    Thanks for turning me on to this book.
    You are welcome. Indeed it was a potent team, but you see, most for satire.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    The DC Universe has a abnormally high percentage of crime committed by gorillas. There's the whole thing with Gorilla City, Gorilla Grodd, Titano, the white ape form of Ultra Humanite, The Mod Gorilla Boss, and when gorillas are not commit crimes, Superman is probabaly trying to marry somebody to one. It's time the heroes did something about it.

They've created a special Task Force just to deal with gorilla, ape, monkey, and various other simian crime.

Meet, the Banana Bunch (Note: first order of business, coming up with a better name.)

This isn't one of those teams that's is always together and hangs out in a special headquarters or anything, this is one of those groups that comes together when they get the summons.

The team consists of

FLASH (Wally) who is acting leader simply because he's one of the few heroes with a recurring gorilla enemy in his rogue's gallery.

Animal Man and Beastboy: They are able to use the apes own abilities against them. Also, don't they sound like they should already be a crime fighting duo? Go ahead and say their names together.

Congo Bill/Congorilla: When the adventurer Congo Bill rubs his magic ring, his mind is transferred to the body of the great Golden Gorilla (and the gorilla's mind is put in his body.) Later comics had him permanently in gorilla form, but honestly, that isn't nearly as much fun as a guy that can swap bodies witha gorilla, so let's undo that.

Robot Man: Because the exact opposite of an evil gorilla is a robot with a human brain. Don't question it. It's science.

Rima the Jungle Girl: You gotta have a jungle girl on a team like this and Rima used to be one of the super-friends. Plus she gets bonus points for having unique look and not just being girl in an animal skinned bikini.

Blue Beetle and Booster Gold: These two didn't realize people were being serious when they asked for volunteers for the anti-gorilla team.
    ^^^My Grodd that is truly inspired!

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    You are welcome. Indeed it was a potent team, but you see, most for satire.
    ^^^Yeah, talk about tongue in cheek!

I’d forgotten all about the early seventies revamp of the Seven Soldiers team. It ran for three issues (90-92) in DC’s old SHOWCASE comic book.

Dr. Fate had ties to both ancient Egypt and the Lords of Order & Chaos. The team he put together was geared in those directions.

Thanagarians Hawkman & Hawkgirl started out in Ancient Egypt before being reincarnated as alien cops.

Blue Beetle was originally an archeologist who found the beetle scarab of Khaji Da, which granted him his powers. Oh yeah, he had a sidekick named Sparky.

Hawk & Dove got their powers from some “mysterious voices” which were actually a Lord of Order and a Lord of Chaos.

Adam Strange, Earth born champion of the Planet Rann already had history w. Hawkman and Hawkgirl, as Rann and Thanagar had dealt w. each other for some time.

Been talking about Hawkgirl’s upcoming book in the DC forum.
    I Googled other heroes who operate/ed in Metropolis, and it wound up looking a bit like an Avengers line up to me.

GUARDIAN
    The WWII era shield slinger provides the team a HQ at Project Cadmus.

HAWKGIRL
    The winged warrior is Metropolis’ newest high flying hero.

BLACK LIGHTNING
    He needs to get back in the public team mindset after keeping a low profile on the Outsiders.

BOOSTER GOLD
    The way he’s written it’s easy to forget Booster has powers. Super strength, LoSH flight ring and force field tech. And Skeets of course.

GANGBUSTER II
    The niece of the original Gangbuster is a real hard case.

THORN
    Chaotic neutral at best, Thorn’s in it for the thrills.

AGENT LIBERTY
    This guy desperately needs a redemption arc.

BATMAN (Batman
    This is what The Outsiders might look like if put together by the golden age Batman.

AMAZING MAN (Black Lightning)
    Will Everett is as far as I know, the only black superhero DC had around in the Golden age. On this team, as the team’s heaviest hitter and Batman’s second in command he’ll be way more prominent than w. The JSA.

TSUNAMI (Katana)
    Japanese-American Miya Shimada is the tidal wave-generating superhero Tsunami. Nothing against the Young All-Stars, but a chance to work w. Batman is too good to pass up.

ROBOTMAN (Metamorpho)
    I was gonna go w. Plastic Man here based on powers, but decided on Robert Crane. Like Rex Mason he’s a man trapped in a body he’d really rather not be in.

GEORGIA SIVANA (Looker)
    Like Emily Briggs, Georgia was a mousy pain Jane type before she got her powers, and is very much enjoying the change. Though Batman’s convinced her to break away from her family and do her own thing, her dad Dr. Sivana’s not going to let that slide. Plus it sets up a confrontation between The Outsiders and The Marvel Family.

CAPTAIN TRIUMPH (Geo-Force)
    Went w. Captain Triumph because like Brion Markov he’s the most “traditional” hero Batman recruited; a handsome, square jawed white guy. He’s a flying brick w. invisibility and ability to see and talk to ghosts.

FIREBRAND (Halo)
    Kind of a stretch but, Danette Reilly is a flying energy weilder w. an Aura. The fire-water dynamic w. her and Tsunami can be played w. in a variety of different ways.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

JL Pride - JLQ but the popular characters
    Superman Jon Kent
    Batwoman Kate Kane
    Wonder Woman Diana
    Aquaman Jackson Hyde
    Green Arrow Connor Hawke

The Power Company, by way of the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans formula…:

JOSIAH POWER
    The Principle. A brilliant legal mind coupled w. the ability to transform into an energy wielding physically powerful stone like form.

SKYROCKET
    Senior Partner. Ex US Navy aviator. Uses an armored suit called the Argo Harness.

SWASHBUCKLER
    Partner. A formerly taciturn but incredibly skilled street level operative w. a lifetime of experience in a younger resurrected body. Has gained a more carefree attitude.

WITCHFIRE
    Partner. Former pop star w. powerful magical and pyrokinetic abilities.

FAST TRACK
    Senior Associate. Retired S.T.A.R. Labs scientist and engineer and super speedster.

ULTRAA
    Associate. Deposed Monarch of the planet Almerac. Warrior mentality and near Superman level physical stats and psionic powers.

ANIMAL MAN
    Associate. Laid back family man w. a connection to Earth’s morphogenetic field that lets him access and mimic the powers of any animal.

The Power Company, by way of the Wolfman/Perez New Teen Titans formula…:

JOSIAH POWER
    The Principle. A brilliant legal mind coupled w. the ability to transform into an energy wielding physically powerful stone like form.

SKYROCKET
    Senior Partner. Ex US Navy aviator. Uses an armored suit called the Argo Harness.

SWASHBUCKLER
    Partner. A formerly taciturn but incredibly skilled street level operative w. a lifetime of experience in a younger resurrected body. Has gained a more carefree attitude.

WITCHFIRE
    Partner. Former pop star w. powerful magical and pyrokinetic abilities.

FAST TRACK
    Senior Associate. Retired S.T.A.R. Labs scientist and engineer and super speedster.

ULTRAA
    Associate. Deposed Monarch of the planet Almerac. Warrior mentality and near Superman level physical stats and psionic powers.

ANIMAL MAN
    Associate. Laid back family man w. a connection to Earth’s morphogenetic field that lets him access and mimic the powers of any animal.
    It kind of surprises me not to see Booster Gold, at least in the role of consultant.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I’d forgotten all about the early seventies revamp of the Seven Soldiers team. It ran for three issues (90-92) in DC’s old SHOWCASE comic book.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It kind of surprises me not to see Booster Gold, at least in the role of consultant.
    ^^^How so?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Huh?

^^^lol, you thought I was being serious?

Huh?

^^^lol, you thought I was being serious?
    I'm trying to figure out how you chose those random issues (and what the purpose of doing so was).

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

The team consists of

"In the criminal justice system, gorilla based offenses are considered especially heinous.
    In the DC Universe, the dedicated superheroes who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Banana Bunch Unit. These are their stories."

DUN DUN

I'm trying to figure out how you chose those random issues (and what the purpose of doing so was).
    ^^^Because I was doing a throwback team, ostensibly set in the early seventies I was looking for old pics of the characters I chose for the lineup.

I wound up getting lucky, and found Hawkman, Hawkgirl, AND Adam Strange on one cover….

…and thought to myself, “Self, this is the sort of book a Seven Soldiers reboot would likely have appeared in”, so I set my team in three issues of said book.

Basically I was entertaining myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomkatie View Post
    "In the criminal justice system, gorilla based offenses are considered especially heinous.
    In the DC Universe, the dedicated superheroes who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Banana Bunch Unit. These are their stories."

DUN DUN
    ^^^ROFL!!’