Page 89 of 136 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 2033

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    That would be cool to see the spirit and soul self interact. I got a feeling that Marv Wolfman's creation of Raven, Cyborg and Starfire was inspired by Negative Man, Robotman and Elasti-Woman they are not that far off from each other especially the first two.
    ^^^never caught the possible Raven/Starfire parallels!

I’ll always remember Cliff and Vic meeting, though….:

Attachment 130910

The New Doom Patrol

I remember there was a pitch for a Beast Boy-led Doom Patrol and it consist of both Bizzaro and Platinum. I would like to see both Beast Boy and Cyborg co-leading a new Doom Patrol team consisting of outsiders and "monsters" with a similar mission statement to the Unstoppable Doom Patrol saving the world by saving the monsters.

CHANGELING

Co-Leader of the New Doom Patrol. Gar went back to his previous codename, "Changeling", to initiate a new statement by helping and rescuing outsiders who feel out of place because of their lack of control over their abilities and "monsters" whose distinctive appearances cause them to be shunned from society.

RAVEN (Mento / Negative Man)

Raven's empathetic abilities allow her to sense people's fears and anger to intuitively both help and heal victimized superpowered individuals making her a valuable asset on both and out of the field. Raven knows what it feels like to have power beyond their control so she offers her service to help those in need.

PLATINUM (Elasti-Woman / Robotman)

Platinum is a shapeshifting robot with the personality of a human. Her human-like personality allows her to feel victims at ease with the world.

BIZZARO

The monstrous reverse-talking Kryptonian. Bizzaro like Gar, Vic, and Raven never asked to be either born or be this way. Bizzaro joins the DP to become the Superman he is meant to be.

BEAST GIRL (Beast Boy)

The junior member of the Doom Patrol. The Doom Patrol is no stranger to having younger members on their team, Beast Girl's metahuman ability allows her to attack the amygdala of people's brains and affect their most primal instincts.

CYBORG (The Chief / Robotman)

Co-Leader of the New Doom Patrol. Half-cybernetic half-man, Vic serves as the chief scientific and technological expert. Vic knows what it feels like to be different he makes sure nobody feels the same way.
    ^^^I like this.
    I like this lineup better than the one in the DP book that just launched, and that one ain’t half bad!

Titans West(ern).

JINNY HEX (Wonder Girl)
    Like WG, Jinny will always have your back. She can ride, drive, shoot, and kick all kinds of bad guy butt, w. a smile on her face.

RAVEN RED (Robin)
    As the sidekick of Batman expy Chief Man of Bats, RR is dedicated, highly trained, and has a good head on his shoulders.

J.P. HOUSTON (Speedy)
    Like Speedy, J.P. (a teen trillionaire who can transform into a powerful Sasquatch type creature) has a genuinely good heart, but is also reckless, cocky, and brash.

SERAFINA (Aqualad)
    Coming by way of New Genesis, Serafina’s like Garth in being a stranger in a strange land.

RAINMAKER (Kid Flash)
    Kid Flash by default, Sarah Rainmaker’s the team’s most powerful member. Environmentally inclined, she clashes w. J.P., who’s family are all oil tycoons.

A-Team

"Hannibal"

"Face"

Last edited by Jokerz79; 04-13-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Continued

"Amy"

"Howling Mad Murdock"

"B.A. Baracus"

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ^^^never caught the possible Raven/Starfire parallels!

IÂ’ll always remember Cliff and Vic meeting, thoughÂ….:

^^^I like this.
    I like this lineup better than the one in the DP book that just launched, and that one ainÂ’t half bad!
    Thanks, Riv.

After looking at my previous post I decided to re-visit the 'New Doom Patrol', this time adding more younger characters with a new spin on their abilities that fits the DP image.

DOOM PATROL Jr.

maxresdefault.jpg

While on a solo mission for the New Doom Patrol, Raven with the power of her empathy has located a young girl who happens to have a considerable level of psychic power along with her two younger siblings who were running away from Monsieur Mallah.

Melvin (Dorothy Spinner)

Melvin is the oldest and the leader of a young trio of siblings. Melvin has the metahuman ability to psychically draw into the 5th dimension to manifest her imagination. So far she can summon a giant stuffed teddy bear named Bobby. She goes by the codename, Manifestress.

Timmy (Karma)

By running diagnosis, Cyborg has found out that Timmy's vocal-based abilities also allow him to alter the sonic frequencies to control or disrupt things whether they be biological or mechanical as well as create portals by emitting certain frequencies only limited to his current emotional state. Raven offers herself to be his emotional support demon. He goes by the name, Pitch.

Teether (Scorch)

Teether, the youngest of the siblings. Cyborg has founded out that Teether is connected to a dimension, where he stores all the matter (specifically food) he eats. With this connection, he can access a multitude of different forms with their unique abilities such as eating spicy food giving him heat-based abilities. He goes by the name, Omnivore. With that codename, Gar would try his every effort not to be near the young glutton because to Teether he is a living buffet.
    Last edited by Incognito; 04-13-2023 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    A-Team
    ^^^Theres some clever picks there. Upvote!

Thanks, Riv.

After looking at my previous post I decided to re-visit the 'New Doom Patrol', this time adding more younger characters with a new spin on their abilities that fits the DP image.

DOOM PATROL Jr.

maxresdefault.jpg

While on a solo mission for the New Doom Patrol, Raven with the power of her empathy has located a young girl who happens to have a considerable level of psychic power along with her two younger siblings who were running away from Monsieur Mallah.

Melvin (Dorothy Spinner)

Melvin is the oldest and the leader of a young trio of siblings. Melvin has the metahuman ability to psychically draw into the 5th dimension to manifest her imagination. So far she can summon a giant stuffed teddy bear named Bobby. She goes by the codename, Manifestress.

Timmy (Karma)

By running diagnosis, Cyborg has found out that Timmy's vocal-based abilities also allow him to alter the sonic frequencies to control or disrupt things whether they be biological or mechanical as well as create portals by emitting certain frequencies only limited to his current emotional state. Raven offers herself to be his emotional support demon. He goes by the name, Pitch.

Teether (Scorch)

Teether, the youngest of the siblings. Cyborg has founded out that Teether is connected to a dimension, where he stores all the matter (specifically food) he eats. With this connection, he can access a multitude of different forms with their unique abilities such as eating spicy food giving him heat-based abilities. He goes by the name, Omnivore. With that codename, Gar would try his every effort not to be near the young glutton because to Teether he is a living buffet.
    ^^^OMG Doom Patrol Jr.!
    I actually did a DPJR. a few years ago…
    If we can have The Teen Titans and Young Justice, why not...

The fact that they're bear some resemblance to Hellboy, Liz Sherman and Abe Sapien is purely a coincidence.
    …and I gotta be honest. Yours, is better!

^^^OMG Doom Patrol Jr.!
    I actually did a DPJR. a few years ago…

…and I gotta be honest. Yours, is better!
    Thanks.

I remember there was a DP Jr group made on this thread. Originally, I was going to call them Youth Patrol but DP Jr sounds better. Kid Devil, Lagoon Boy, and Fever fit into the Doom Patrol as well suit the freakish and outsider nature.

Thanks.

I remember there was a DP Jr group made on this thread. Originally, I was going to call them Youth Patrol but DP Jr sounds better. Kid Devil, Lagoon Boy, and Fever fit into the Doom Patrol as well suit the freakish and outsider nature.
    ^^^Youth Patrol’s kind of a kick ass name, though!

This is an idea that I came acoross that I had in the late 90's, but that I decided to update into a more timeless version. There are many other details that I left out, that have a strong continuity connection to what was going on in those "extreme" years, including my choice for their HQ.
    The Justice League has been in existence for many years, with many different heroes dedicating themselves body and soul to it. In the last decades, they have centered their activities around the “big seven,” who decide who will be and who won’t be Justice League and set themselves up like gods on the moon watching us mere mortals on Earth. However, for many years, the League was formed around another grupo of powerful and seasoned heroes, who have since been mostly excluded from the League. This is what the Sentinels of Justice are all about. An answer to the elitism of the Justice League as well as a counter weight in the balance of power. I mean, if you concentrate all the mightiest heroes on Earth in one group, what happens if someone takes them down or they go bad. The Sentinels are not only a backup plan, but also, as the name implies, watchers in place so that scenarios like “Superman: King of the World” never happen again. Many of these characters used to have their own book and together they’ll bring with them a large supporting cast whose roots can be traced back to the previous titles of the heroes and continually use the vast history of the DCU as a source for new stories. And who might these heroes be? Let’s see.

Captain Atom – One of the most powerful heroes of the DCU, who hasn’t been treated with much respect in a long time. Aside from flying, Captain Atom has super-strength almost in Superman’s level, he can also generate and absorb incredible amounts of energy and is nearly invulnerable to harm, all this thanks to a link he has with the Quantum Field. Often pictured as an impulsive hothead, Cap has reached a point of his life in which he will take control of it and make some changes. He is behind the formation of the Sentinels and he is the leader of the team, making full use of his military background. As Cameron Scott, Cap will also be re-organizing his personal live. Although officially retired from the military, at General Hilary‘s request he will become a test pilot at Ferris Aircraft to protect the Air Force’s interest in the company. It’s there that they’ll first do battle with the organization that will become the team’s main antagonists: The Star-Tsars, a group made up of ex-members of the Manhunter Cult who utilizes their methods and their advanced technology, but whose goal, for now, remains unclear.
    Blue Beetle – If Captain Atom is the soul of the Sentinels, BB represents the brains. Ted Kord will be Atom’s second in command in the team and ,while still having an evident sense of humor, he will not be treated as the team’s comic relief. Kord is both, a man of action and as science and both of these aspects will blossom in this team. Blue and Gold, after some setbacks, is now one of the leaders in the Games and Toys business and along with his role in the Sentinels, Kord will have to juggle with administrating this Empire.
    Booster Gold – The other half of Blue and Gold, Michel Carter is finally back where he wanted. He is back to full power and he is rich again. While his motives were never exactly the most noble, Booster has always been a true hero, not a joke, and he is ready to prove this. Booster’s suit allows him to fly, generate force fields, some sensor capabilities, enhanced strength and to emit power blasts. All this and his friendly quasi-sentient computer, Skeets.
    Maxima - I really think that the team needs a second powerhouse and that it should be female. Other than Power Girl, who already has quite enough on her plate, Maxima is the only character in the DCU that fits the bill in terms of power and attachment to this particular group. Besides being almost as strong as Power Girl and having a wide range of psionic powers, Maxima would also bring interesting story possibilities with her, due to her royal status and connections with powerful galactic empires.
    Guy Gardner, Warrior – Once one of DC’s most popular characters, Gardner has gone through so many power and personality changes that the obnoxious but loveable character that we knew no longer exists. I’d like to see the lean, mean, moron machine back in the Sentinels. Gardner’s Vuldarian powers will be back, however more defined and even explained. And I’d do a fine tuning on his appearance so that GG looks cool again and not like a weird, alien native American. Warrior will once again be that jerk that everyone wants watching their backs in battle, and with the power to do it.
    Fire – Beatriz DaCosta is back with a lot to prove, to herself and to her fellow heroes. Slowly, Bea will try to mend her relationships with Blue Beetle and her other former teammates, and also invest in a new career in modeling (perhaps even change her name back to Green Flame). No destructive or psychotic behavior for this one anymore. Fire, as the name implies, is able to become living flame.
    Ice –Tora Olafsdotter. Serene as the polar vastnesses of the caps, Tora is happy to be back with her greatest friends. May go back to using Ice Maiden as her code-name. Confused by recent ordeals, will find a way back to her true origins.
    Metamorpho – Rex Mason will try to put his life back on track, returning to his life of soldier of fortune, going on archeological expeditions and also trying to rekindle his relationship with Sapphire and his children. Will expand and find new ways to use his powers, which will make it easier for him to pass unnoticed.

As the Sentinels’ story continues, they will face Monarch when he takes control of the city state of Superbia and uses the Ultra-Marines as his personal enforcers.
    The Sentinels will then go up against Lord Havoc (is he their former boss, Maxwell Lord?) and his new Extremists, when Havoc decides to hold the UN, the US President and New York hostage in exchange for the sovereign rights of Antarctica. And a trip to Apokolips “suggested” by Big Barda to rescue Mr. Miracle (who, of course, is in no need of rescue) will put the team, for the first time ever, face to face with the male counterparts of the Female Furies, The Blood Brotherhood, and with the Female Furies themselves. And the Sentinels really kick butt.
    The Queen Bea of Bialya once again tries to organize a meta-human response squad. And Monarch strikes again, trapping the team in a nightmarish version of the world where the Justice League is represented by all the substitutes of the real heroes ( Superman – Eradicator; Batman – Bat-Azreal; Wonder Woman – Artemis; Atom – Adam Cray; Flash – John Fox; Green Lantern – Simon Baz; Supergirl – evil Matrix; Booster Gold – Gold Star; Mister Miracle – Shilo; Blue Beetle – a super-powered Ted Kord). Throughout most of these stories I intend to show the organizing of a new Legion of Doom, with the emphasis on the word Legion, featuring a plethora of long underused DC villains, such as: Brainstorm, Tarantula, Star Sapphire, Sledge, Killer Frost, Element Woman, Dr. Spectro, Rainbow Rider, White Dragon and many others, all led by Captain Atom’s most formidable and enduring foe from Charlton: The Ghost. And does anybody remember the aliens that had it in for Cap in Armageddon: The Alien Agenda?

On a personal level, we will see Warrior further developing his powers, manifesting weapons such as Apokoliptian flying discs, Khund pulse cannons, Psion holographic projectors, battle armors and others; Rex’s reunion with his family; Blue Beetle and Booster Gold redefine their friendship and pay a few visits to Mr. Miracle; Captain Atom’s new job, his relationship with his children and maybe a couple of new love interests; and perhaps the most shocking of all, when Guy Gardner becomes a foster parent.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    This is an idea that I came acoross that I had in the late 90's, but that I decided to update into a more timeless version. There are many other details that I left out, that have a strong continuity connection to what was going on in those "extreme" years, including my choice for their HQ.
    The Justice League has been in existence for many years, with many different heroes dedicating themselves body and soul to it. In the last decades, they have centered their activities around the “big seven,” who decide who will be and who won’t be Justice League and set themselves up like gods on the moon watching us mere mortals on Earth. However, for many years, the League was formed around another grupo of powerful and seasoned heroes, who have since been mostly excluded from the League. This is what the Sentinels of Justice are all about. An answer to the elitism of the Justice League as well as a counter weight in the balance of power. I mean, if you concentrate all the mightiest heroes on Earth in one group, what happens if someone takes them down or they go bad. The Sentinels are not only a backup plan, but also, as the name implies, watchers in place so that scenarios like “Superman: King of the World” never happen again. Many of these characters used to have their own book and together they’ll bring with them a large supporting cast whose roots can be traced back to the previous titles of the heroes and continually use the vast history of the DCU as a source for new stories. And who might these heroes be? Let’s see.

Captain Atom – One of the most powerful heroes of the DCU, who hasn’t been treated with much respect in a long time. Aside from flying, Captain Atom has super-strength almost in Superman’s level, he can also generate and absorb incredible amounts of energy and is nearly invulnerable to harm, all this thanks to a link he has with the Quantum Field. Often pictured as an impulsive hothead, Cap has reached a point of his life in which he will take control of it and make some changes. He is behind the formation of the Sentinels and he is the leader of the team, making full use of his military background. As Cameron Scott, Cap will also be re-organizing his personal live. Although officially retired from the military, at General Hilary‘s request he will become a test pilot at Ferris Aircraft to protect the Air Force’s interest in the company. It’s there that they’ll first do battle with the organization that will become the team’s main antagonists: The Star-Tsars, a group made up of ex-members of the Manhunter Cult who utilizes their methods and their advanced technology, but whose goal, for now, remains unclear.
    Blue Beetle – If Captain Atom is the soul of the Sentinels, BB represents the brains. Ted Kord will be Atom’s second in command in the team and ,while still having an evident sense of humor, he will not be treated as the team’s comic relief. Kord is both, a man of action and as science and both of these aspects will blossom in this team. Blue and Gold, after some setbacks, is now one of the leaders in the Games and Toys business and along with his role in the Sentinels, Kord will have to juggle with administrating this Empire.
    Booster Gold – The other half of Blue and Gold, Michel Carter is finally back where he wanted. He is back to full power and he is rich again. While his motives were never exactly the most noble, Booster has always been a true hero, not a joke, and he is ready to prove this. Booster’s suit allows him to fly, generate force fields, some sensor capabilities, enhanced strength and to emit power blasts. All this and his friendly quasi-sentient computer, Skeets.
    Maxima - I really think that the team needs a second powerhouse and that it should be female. Other than Power Girl, who already has quite enough on her plate, Maxima is the only character in the DCU that fits the bill in terms of power and attachment to this particular group. Besides being almost as strong as Power Girl and having a wide range of psionic powers, Maxima would also bring interesting story possibilities with her, due to her royal status and connections with powerful galactic empires.
    Guy Gardner, Warrior – Once one of DC’s most popular characters, Gardner has gone through so many power and personality changes that the obnoxious but loveable character that we knew no longer exists. I’d like to see the lean, mean, moron machine back in the Sentinels. Gardner’s Vuldarian powers will be back, however more defined and even explained. And I’d do a fine tuning on his appearance so that GG looks cool again and not like a weird, alien native American. Warrior will once again be that jerk that everyone wants watching their backs in battle, and with the power to do it.
    Fire – Beatriz DaCosta is back with a lot to prove, to herself and to her fellow heroes. Slowly, Bea will try to mend her relationships with Blue Beetle and her other former teammates, and also invest in a new career in modeling (perhaps even change her name back to Green Flame). No destructive or psychotic behavior for this one anymore. Fire, as the name implies, is able to become living flame.
    Ice –Tora Olafsdotter. Serene as the polar vastnesses of the caps, Tora is happy to be back with her greatest friends. May go back to using Ice Maiden as her code-name. Confused by recent ordeals, will find a way back to her true origins.
    Metamorpho – Rex Mason will try to put his life back on track, returning to his life of soldier of fortune, going on archeological expeditions and also trying to rekindle his relationship with Sapphire and his children. Will expand and find new ways to use his powers, which will make it easier for him to pass unnoticed.

As the Sentinels’ story continues, they will face Monarch when he takes control of the city state of Superbia and uses the Ultra-Marines as his personal enforcers.
    The Sentinels will then go up against Lord Havoc (is he their former boss, Maxwell Lord?) and his new Extremists, when Havoc decides to hold the UN, the US President and New York hostage in exchange for the sovereign rights of Antarctica. And a trip to Apokolips “suggested” by Big Barda to rescue Mr. Miracle (who, of course, is in no need of rescue) will put the team, for the first time ever, face to face with the male counterparts of the Female Furies, The Blood Brotherhood, and with the Female Furies themselves. And the Sentinels really kick butt.
    The Queen Bea of Bialya once again tries to organize a meta-human response squad. And Monarch strikes again, trapping the team in a nightmarish version of the world where the Justice League is represented by all the substitutes of the real heroes ( Superman – Eradicator; Batman – Bat-Azreal; Wonder Woman – Artemis; Atom – Adam Cray; Flash – John Fox; Green Lantern – Simon Baz; Supergirl – evil Matrix; Booster Gold – Gold Star; Mister Miracle – Shilo; Blue Beetle – a super-powered Ted Kord). Throughout most of these stories I intend to show the organizing of a new Legion of Doom, with the emphasis on the word Legion, featuring a plethora of long underused DC villains, such as: Brainstorm, Tarantula, Star Sapphire, Sledge, Killer Frost, Element Woman, Dr. Spectro, Rainbow Rider, White Dragon and many others, all led by Captain Atom’s most formidable and enduring foe from Charlton: The Ghost. And does anybody remember the aliens that had it in for Cap in Armageddon: The Alien Agenda?

On a personal level, we will see Warrior further developing his powers, manifesting weapons such as Apokoliptian flying discs, Khund pulse cannons, Psion holographic projectors, battle armors and others; Rex’s reunion with his family; Blue Beetle and Booster Gold redefine their friendship and pay a few visits to Mr. Miracle; Captain Atom’s new job, his relationship with his children and maybe a couple of new love interests; and perhaps the most shocking of all, when Guy Gardner becomes a foster parent.

Peace
    ^^^A great premise and line up. And you look to be set up for really interesting character interactions and personality development.

-upvote-

Since a DC young adult team has no chance of selling anyway, figured I’d use characters no one’s ever heard of and or cares about.

DUKE (Captain America)
    Born and raised in a trailer park, Henry Duke wants to set an example for young ppl that it’s not where you’re from it’s where you’re at. Strong enough to rip the turret off a tank and leap a quarter mile, Henry also has a keen interest in exobiology.

VEXT (Thor)
    Exiled to Earth, the God of Mayhem and Misfortune can alter probability, even when he’s not trying. As a god Vext is more physically powerful than humans but, he’s pretty laid back, and would rather not engage in fisticuffs if he doesn’t have to.

MAJOR BUMMER (The Hulk)
    Lou Martin’s super jacked nearly invulnerable physique and genius level I.Q. are tempered by the fact that he’s a huge ass slacker.

TECHNOCRAT (Iron Man)
    Teen trillionaire tech trader Commodore Murphy keeps the best toys for himself, constantly looking to perfect his exo-harness w. the latest and greatest upgrades.

JUNIOR (Ant-Man)
    Permanently stuck at six inches, Junior’s easy to overlook which actually gives him an edge in fights as he uses his massive intellect on the down low to get one over on the bad guys.

ZIP KID (The Wasp)
    The perennially perky Zip Kid is normal sized, but can shrink down to six inches. At that size she can fly and fire concussive blasts from her hands.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 04-15-2023 at 11:58 AM.

Speedster Jesse Quick is team leader. Mr. Terrific is second in command, and great at everything he does. Captain Marvel is the team’s good natured powerhouse. Jesse’s husband Hourman has precog abilities and the hourglass he wears is filled with energized tachyons; time in its most basic form. Green Lantern Kyle Rayner’s an energy wielding powerhouse in his own right. Zatanna brings the moxie and the magic. Wildcat is the wiley veteran, a nine lives having badass brawler ready to call BS and keep the team honest.

This team’s gonna have to fight to win over die hard JSA fans.

After a three issue gather-everyone-up and-decide-to-stay-together story arc where they will, among other things, face off against Roulette, the JSA will deal w. the menace of Mekanique (built up as their Ultron), get caught in the middle of a turf war between Johnny Sorrow and The Outsider, battle (their version of Kang) Per Degaton across time, reuniting w. ex-JSA member Thom Kallor as they meet the LoSH, and grudgingly help Satanna The Tiger Girl figure out who the heck stole The Ultra Humanite’s brain.

Speedster Jesse Quick is team leader. Mr. Terrific is second in command, and great at everything he does. Captain Marvel is the team’s good natured powerhouse. Jesse’s husband Hourman has precog abilities and the hourglass he wears is filled with energized tachyons; time in its most basic form. Green Lantern Kyle Rayner’s an energy wielding powerhouse in his own right. Zatanna brings the moxie and the magic. Wildcat is the wiley veteran, a nine lives having badass brawler ready to call BS and keep the team honest.

This team’s gonna have to fight to win over die hard JSA fans.

After a three issue gather-everyone-up and-decide-to-stay-together story arc where they will, among other things, face off against Roulette, the JSA will deal w. the menace of Mekanique (built up as their Ultron), get caught in the middle of a turf war between Johnny Sorrow and The Outsider, battle (their version of Kang) Per Degaton across time, reuniting w. ex-JSA member Thom Kallor as they meet the LoSH, and grudgingly help Satanna The Tiger Girl figure out who the heck stole The Ultra Humanite’s brain.
    I like it. Kudos.

Peace

Hmmm.... so was pondering making a new team to be kinda like Guardians of the Galaxy DC edition....

Big problem? Well other than the existence of Omega men who have being superheroes in Vega as their entire shtick? The main problem is that most stuff in DC that's in space is either related to Green Lanterns, Superman, New Gods, or a combination of those.

There's several characters associated with Lantern stuff that aren't really part of a Corps that you could use.

Like Lianna... who was an Omega Man at one point.

then there's a few of the more tangentially related to Vega characters who do space stuff... and aren't fully tied to GL stuff.... just mostly.... like Yrra Cynril

A new version of Omega men could have them and Ryand'r of Tamaran along with... some of the other Omega men I guess? The key thing is not having Omega Men stuck in citadel space.