Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Captain Marvel Tony's killer?

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...n-19-spoilers/
    Interesting development that could potentially affect Captain Marvel if it doesn't get undone.
    Last edited by Desmark; 12-18-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Nah, thanks to 15 years of event comics, every Marvel hero is a psychotic murderer and/or totalitarian fascist by now.

She is, but she won't face any consequences for it. This sort of thing only counts if one of the sacred cows like Captain America or Spider-Man gets hurt. The writers and editors don't care if you kill Stark anymore than they would if you killed a random mook.

BANNED

As things stand yeah
    But this arc could end with Tony realizing he was just having an existential crisis and be over it. Similar to how he backed himself up with extremis and rebooted himself with his digitized back up self from a hard drive. And he maybe believes in a soul which could be the begining hints of sorceror supreme tony where he realizes his digital self is like an astral projection.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...n-19-spoilers/
    Interesting development that could potentially affect Captain Marvel if it doesn't get undone.
    But Carol doesn’t kill him. The “resurrection” process itself was the thing that killed the original Tony

Ultimate Member

Eh, Stark was just as much as an idiot in Civil War 2. So screw him.

Mess with the bull...

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    As things stand yeah
    But this arc could end with Tony realizing he was just having an existential crisis and be over it. Similar to how he backed himself up with extremis and rebooted himself with his digitized back up self from a hard drive. And he maybe believes in a soul which could be the begining hints of sorceror supreme tony where he realizes his digital self is like an astral projection.
    Jesus Slott! Stark is a canon atheist, ain’t no such thing as an atheist believing in a “soul”. And this isn’t Tony’s first time rebooting his mind and brain. This existential crisis is just no.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Jesus Slott! Stark is a canon atheist, ain’t no such thing as an atheist believing in a “soul”. And this isn’t Tony’s first time rebooting his mind and brain. This existential crisis is just no.
    So how long was he dead this time?

The usual 5 minutes, or was it a nail biting quarter of a hour?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Nah, thanks to 15 years of event comics, every Marvel hero is a psychotic murderer and/or totalitarian fascist by now.
    Yeah, no I meant interesting in this case due to her being on the other side rather than being on the receiving end for once as she has played the victim mostly in such instances.

Amazing Member

Back in 2017, I'm pretty sure was stated more than once that Tony was alive, just in coma. Carol did not kill him.
    Secret Empire said so, all Bendis' books too. Avengers also. I think even Amazing Spider Man ( Slott's run at time) said that Tony was alive, but missing for months after wake up from the coma.
    Strange thing that they change this now.
    Last edited by Ana; 12-19-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ana View Post
    Back in 2017, I'm pretty sure was stated more than once that Tony was alive, just in coma. Carol did not kill him.
    Secret Empire said so, all Bendis' books too. Avengers also. I think even Amazing Spider Man ( Slott's run at time) said that Tony was alive, but missing for months after wake up from the coma.
    Strange thing that they change this now.
    Basically the technology Stark infused his body with regrew him and resuscitated him but he died first in the process. It looked like a proper resuscitation, but then he discovered that nothing of the original him was preserved, so now he doesn’t consider himself himself anymore. The difference is, the technology didn’t just heal his wounds but literally replaced every part of his body and conscience from scratch.

Yeah, he's basically a digital memory backup uploaded to a clone body - like the post-Clone Conspiracy version of Otto Octavius. That's why Tony was bald when he woke up near the end of Bendis's run, the body had only just been created.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, he's basically a digital memory backup uploaded to a clone body - like the post-Clone Conspiracy version of Otto Octavius. That's why Tony was bald when he woke up near the end of Bendis's run, the body had only just been created.
    Is it even a clone body though? The comatose body of Tony went missing and the current Tony appeared. Given that plus Beast saying all the modifications Tony had made to his body had saved his life, I’m more inclined to believe that the same process which healed Arno and revived Rhodey, healed Tony and it’s the after effects of these modifications that result in Tony believing himself to be just an echo when in reality, he’s the genuine article.

Hell even if it weren’t the original body or mind, both Spider-Man and X-Men have spit in the face of that making the person a fake. Just look at the X-Men and Kurt Conner’s family.

The reason Tony is "dead" is because he already rebooted his mind during Dark Reign, and then he regrew his body, and the crisis is that he wonders if, as a ship of Theseus, he's really the same if he replaced all his parts. Well, the answer is no, but also yes. X-Men and Spider-Man clones are a bit different because now those lean towards keeping the original soul, making it just a resurrection (even though that wasn't Slott's intent on Spider-Man.)

But more importantly; Brie Larson's Kimmel Live! dress killed me.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate