Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Jesus Slott! Stark is a canon atheist, ainít no such thing as an atheist believing in a ďsoulĒ. And this isnít Tonyís first time rebooting his mind and brain. This existential crisis is just no.
    atheists are only atheists because they see no good evidence for the existence of such things as god or soul

    however stark's more "i don't fully understand it" territory, but they definitely do exist in the marvel universe.

  2. #17
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    Basically the technology Stark infused his body with regrew him and resuscitated him but he died first in the process. It looked like a proper resuscitation, but then he discovered that nothing of the original him was preserved, so now he doesnít consider himself himself anymore. The difference is, the technology didnít just heal his wounds but literally replaced every part of his body and conscience from scratch.
    I wish that Tony, as a scientist, remembered that the human body replaces itself every seven years

  3. #18
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wish that Tony, as a scientist, remembered that the human body replaces itself every seven years
    that's not true of things like your cerebral cortex though.
    there are many tissues that don't replace.

  4. #19
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    that's not true of things like your cerebral cortex though.
    there are many tissues that don't replace.
    But what about the fact that Tony himself isn’t even the original Tony but instead the merged form of a teenage version of himself from another universe and the adult Tony from the Crossing? And that’s not even getting into the concept that the universe and everyone in it sans Peter Parker, Jane Foster, T’Challa, Miles Morales, Carol Danvers, Doctor Doom, Thanos, Namor, Peter Quill, Black Swan, Reed Richards, Ultimate Reed Richards and the other members of the Cabal may be recreations since the multiverse was destroyed and recreated.

  5. #20
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,916

    Default

    He's dying again? Does Marvel not like him anymore?
    Reading list: Far Sector (DC), Marauders (Marvel), X-Force (Marvel), X-Men (Marvel), Miles Morales: Spider-Man (Marvel), Venom (Marvel), My Hero Academia (VIZ), Killadelphia (Image), Bitter Root (Image), Black Hammer: Age of Doom (Darkhorse)

  6. #21
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But what about the fact that Tony himself isnít even the original Tony but instead the merged form of a teenage version of himself from another universe and the adult Tony from the Crossing? And thatís not even getting into the concept that the universe and everyone in it sans Peter Parker, Jane Foster, TíChalla, Miles Morales, Carol Danvers, Doctor Doom, Thanos, Namor, Peter Quill, Black Swan, Reed Richards, Ultimate Reed Richards and the other members of the Cabal may be recreations since the multiverse was destroyed and recreated.
    well those things were already acknowledged earlier in the thread. Im only correcting the factoid

  7. #22
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    8,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But what about the fact that Tony himself isn’t even the original Tony but instead the merged form of a teenage version of himself from another universe and the adult Tony from the Crossing? And that’s not even getting into the concept that the universe and everyone in it sans Peter Parker, Jane Foster, T’Challa, Miles Morales, Carol Danvers, Doctor Doom, Thanos, Namor, Peter Quill, Black Swan, Reed Richards, Ultimate Reed Richards and the other members of the Cabal may be recreations since the multiverse was destroyed and recreated.
    reality warping is magic, this is (fictional) science
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner
    I like Charles Xavier, nice guy. But we are in a moment where billionaires control not only our economy but our political life. #Professor$

  8. #23
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    7,861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He's dying again? Does Marvel not like him anymore?
    No, it's referring to how when he "rebooted" himself in Brian Bendis's final Invincible Iron Man arc from his near-fatal beating at Carol's hands at the end of Civil War II, he (might have) actually just made a backup copy of himself with all his memories and abilities from before, but without the soul/spark/spirit of the "real" Tony Stark, who apparently really did die as a result of that beating. Although yes, Kurolegacy also raises a good point about how damn near everyone in the current Marvel Multiverse except those hidden away in the Multiversal life-rafts is a recreation since the Multiverse was destroyed and restored in Secret Wars 2015.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  9. #24
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    He's dying again? Does Marvel not like him anymore?
    Not dying, apparently Slott has that Tony thinks that the Tony we’ve followed since Search for Tony Stark is a copy while the Tony who went into a coma at the end of Civil War II is dead.

  10. #25
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    7,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But what about the fact that Tony himself isn’t even the original Tony but instead the merged form of a teenage version of himself from another universe and the adult Tony from the Crossing? And that’s not even getting into the concept that the universe and everyone in it sans Peter Parker, Jane Foster, T’Challa, Miles Morales, Carol Danvers, Doctor Doom, Thanos, Namor, Peter Quill, Black Swan, Reed Richards, Ultimate Reed Richards and the other members of the Cabal may be recreations since the multiverse was destroyed and recreated.
    How did young Tony from The Crossing become an adult again? Was it just Heroes Reborn?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

    I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

    Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

  11. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    But Iron Man killed the Supreme Intelligence, Marilla and Yellowjacket, didn't he?
    When did the last two happen? Also, the Supreme Intelligence was a villain so not really controversial.

  12. #27
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    How did young Tony from The Crossing become an adult again? Was it just Heroes Reborn?
    Heroes Reborn, Franklin merged Iron Teen with the Adult Tony he remembered to resurrect Tony
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  13. #28
    Tyrant Sun User leokearon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    2,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When did the last two happen? Also, the Supreme Intelligence was a villain so not really controversial.
    The Crossing, all three murders where revealed to be to Immortus manipulating Tony
    Check out my Deviantart Page: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/

    Vote for your favourite Marvel Supporting Characters: http://community.comicbookresources....ing-characters

  14. #29
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The reason Tony is "dead" is because he already rebooted his mind during Dark Reign, and then he regrew his body, and the crisis is that he wonders if, as a ship of Theseus, he's really the same if he replaced all his parts. Well, the answer is no, but also yes. X-Men and Spider-Man clones are a bit different because now those lean towards keeping the original soul, making it just a resurrection (even though that wasn't Slott's intent on Spider-Man.)

    But more importantly; Brie Larson's Kimmel Live! dress killed me.
    I've actually never see Jaime Foxx so tensed up.

    That was probably Brie's breast...I mean, best look from what i've seen of her.
    Last edited by Username taken; 12-20-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  15. #30
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    that's not true of things like your cerebral cortex though.
    there are many tissues that don't replace.
    Your skeleton doesn't get replaced either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •