Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    How the heck would May not know about that?
    Dementia? Like maybe she keeps learning about it and forgetting about it over and over again?
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The Sanctum Sanctorum is hands down the best lair.

Extraordinary Member

Iron Man did have the lab under his Malibu mansion around the time of the 1st Armor War that had a secret, underwater entrance.

lol, that sounds almost exactly like the Batcave!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So thus far we have:

Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    Black Panther
    Blue Marvel
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Dr. Strange
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Moon Knight
    Nick Fury
    Runaways
    Superior Spider-Man
    T.V Spider-Man (Amazing Friends)

That is a lot more than I initially realized!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 02:52 PM.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Boisterously Confused

Most of the lairs are gone these days.
    • The Xavier School certainly qualified as a lair until the X-Men went public.
    • Nighthawk purchased a riding academy (in upstate NY I think) as a secret base and living quarters for the Defenders.
    • The original Ant-Man's New Jersey lab would seem to qualify, as it had a hidden ant-sized elevator to outside and a pneumatic canon that could launch him clear to Manhattan, along with his other Ant-Man equipment.
    • For a while, under Hawkeye, the Thunderbolts took up residence in the remaining infrastructure of Lucifer's/Dominex's old base.
    • Night Thrasher's tower home would seem to count, as would the New Warrior's subsequent crashpad.
    • Daredevil's home had a concealed gymnasium, with secret exits back before Kingpin blew it up.
    • After the sinking of Hydrobase destroyed Stark's original mansion, the Avengers operated for a brief time from the sublevels beneath Avengers park, and if it wasn't precisely secret, neither was it well known.
    • Do vehicles count? Captain America never had a lair (as far as I know), but his van was awful close.
    • In the same vein Nova (Richard Ryder) had Roman Dey's Xandarian spaceship.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Most of the lairs are gone these days.
    • The Xavier School certainly qualified as a lair until the X-Men went public.
    • Nighthawk purchased a riding academy (in upstate NY I think) as a secret base and living quarters for the Defenders.
    • The original Ant-Man's New Jersey lab would seem to qualify, as it had a hidden ant-sized elevator to outside and a pneumatic canon that could launch him clear to Manhattan, along with his other Ant-Man equipment.
    • For a while, under Hawkeye, the Thunderbolts took up residence in the remaining infrastructure of Lucifer's/Dominex's old base.
    • Night Thrasher's tower home would seem to count, as would the New Warrior's subsequent crashpad.
    • Daredevil's home had a concealed gymnasium, with secret exits back before Kingpin blew it up.
    • After the sinking of Hydrobase destroyed Stark's original mansion, the Avengers operated for a brief time from the sublevels beneath Avengers park, and if it wasn't precisely secret, neither was it well known.
    • Do vehicles count? Captain America never had a lair (as far as I know), but his van was awful close.
    • In the same vein Nova (Richard Ryder) had Roman Dey's Xandarian spaceship.
    Oh! Thought of another one. Near the end of their Tales to Astonish run, Giant Man and The Wasp (Pym and Van Dyne) operated out of a secret lab that Pym ran in a Manhattan skyscraper. Now how "secret" it managed to be is a bit dodgy as it included a trapeze gizmo that would lower him to the street (sorry, a 12 foot [3.7M] dude swing into the sidewalk on the regular is gonna get noticed), but that's one of the fun things about The Silver Age. There was actually a 2 or 3 page featurette in ToA about the couple that included a tour of this lair.

Astonishing Member

Been awhile since i read Marvel but Punisher has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Ooh!

The Hulk’s Cave!
    It was in the New Mexico desert, and was officially called Banner Hideout B-733. Banner (Hulk) and Rick Jones would hang out there, and it had kind of a panic room/prison cell where Banner’d get locked in prior to his nightly transformations.

Banner's had a number of lairs over the years. Sometimes they get found out, though a lot of time I think he just wakes up halfway around the world with no way to get back.

Knowhere from Guardians of the Galaxy is probably my favorite Lair(doesn't count as secret but similar to Fortress of Solitude).

how many secret laboratories did Bruce Banner have? Just wondering. Are they all intact? Any destroyed yet?

what about Tony Stark? How many labs worldwide does he have? secret storage for armors?

Black Panther? he should have some impressive global hideouts.

So based on these updates the list would be:

Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    Black Panther
    Blue Marvel
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Daredevil
    Dr. Strange
    Hawkeye's Thunderbolts
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Moon Knight
    Nick Fury
    Night Thrasher
    Punisher
    Runaways
    Superior Spider-Man
    T.V Spider-Man (Amazing Friends)

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Black Panther? he should have some impressive global hideouts.
    You would think so, right? I'm not an authority on the character so I can't speak to that.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    SHIELD was Marvel's answer to the spy films/TV that were popular so they did have a hidden HQ that I suppose would qualify. The Man from U.N.C.L.E TV show famously had a secret entrance via a tailor shop in NYC and in Strange Tales #136 we did see Nick Fury enter one of SHIELD's "lairs" via an barber shop. But from the very first, the main SHIELD base of operations was the Helicarrier. I can't recall if it started out having a cloaking device. I would imagine it would be hard to miss.
    Yeah, I would think that SHIELD would have a number of secret bases around the world ... and probably as far as Mars by now. Some perhaps even completely forgotten about because only a small handful of people knew about them and they're likely dead.

I dont care what marvel says they showed up in secret wars 2, amazing spider-man, and shang chi so i still count them.

Transformers has autobots base the ark in a volcano and gijoe has the pitt.

Also, dr who has one in his phone booth when he visits the mu!

Shogun warriors had a base in new york near the fantastic four hqs.

Didn't doc savage have a home/ base?

Rangers had a base if i remember.

Great lakes avengers has a house base and deadpool would not leave it getting free tv!

Did the shadow have a base?

Didn't ms marvel (new one) make a little base to hang out at in a tiny room on top of a building?

Defenders when not with dr strange hung out at nighthawks mansion.

WCA had a home they hung out at.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-18-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Spectacular Member

The Sentry had his Watchtower.