Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Tenet - Christopher Nolan is back!

Releases on 07/17/2020

Looks tripy and reminds me of inception the most. Really appreciate how little the trailer gives away.

Even though I didn't love interstellar, I'm glad someone is making big scale original films that are trying to be ambitious. I can't think of any other director whose doing films like this.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/12/19/ten...stopher-nolan/

I am always here for Nolan and this looks like it should be pretty fun.

I only watched a little, hate how trailers ruin movies. But what I saw...I'm in.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I think Nolan pretty well avoids the trailer ruining his movies.

EDIT: I imagine Nolan is one of those guys who has full control over his trailers, so you're seeing what he wants you to see and nothing more.
    Last edited by Joker; 12-19-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. the trailer looks very typical, however its Nolan. He has a good track record. I will check it out.

It looks great and I can't wait.

BANNED

My main concern is that this time, Zimmer won't do the score. Also, it does look a LOT like Inception (I hope it doesn't feel generic).

Astonishing Member

I had never heard of this until seeing I guess the opening scene in front of Star Wars at the theater in IMAX.

I was like what is this? But, it was action packed and interesting I guess

Nolan really puts a lot of thought and care into all aspects of his movie. No matter what, I really appreciate what he brings to film. I think he is one of the few movie makers that's actually doing great things for film.

The trailer, more than the IMAX preview, really sold the movie for me. I cannot wrap my head around what is happening. Very intriguing.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The trailer made me cringe. Its almost a fake trailer about predictable Nolan tropes and I was hoping for something more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    My main concern is that this time, Zimmer won't do the score. Also, it does look a LOT like Inception (I hope it doesn't feel generic).
    That's actually a selling point for me. Zimmer and Nolan, IMO don't tend to come up with the most interesting collaborations. Especially since Inception. Ludwig Göransson is a very talented composer who recently won an Oscar for Black Panther, which I'd say was their most deserved award.

Default Anyone else see Tenet yet?

I saw it last night and loved it.

Anyone else?

Mighty Member

Guys who have seen this movie, please share your thoughts and a review rating...../10

I saw it. I liked it.

Maybe some spoilers. No real details.

spoilers:
    I don't think it's Nolan's best. I think you have to watch this one at least a second time. Not because you can't understand it, but I think you miss what's been happening up to a point. It definitely continues the trend of the 3rd act set piece being the most boring. I don't know what's up with that, but Nolan wiffs on the final set piece a lot.
    end of spoilers

I liked the score, even though it did a lot of Zimmerisms. It fits, but if you can't get Zimmer, don't hire someone else to poor man him. I need to watch it again to really make up my mind on it.