Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Felt like a spiritual successor to "Predestination."

Retired

TOP SECRET! was way ahead of its time.

I enjoyed this very much as I saw it in Theaters upon its release...

Was a lot to take in... Ive seen pretty much all of Nolans films and theaters and as far as that first viewing goes I hada lot of fun...

The constant action bored my gf and until I watch again on streaming service I wont know how much I really like it...

Pure action movies genrally don't hold my attention well...

Look forward to watching it again though!

BANNED

The first 10 minutes of this film were, beat for beat, The Dark Knight.

In general I found it derivative and unoriginal when it made sense, and head scratching crazy when it didn't. I still haven't learned how backward bullets are supposed to benefit forward people. Do you go to a place you know the bad guy is going to be, stick a bullet in the wall behind where he will be standing, and hope for the best?

BANNED

That situation was explained in the first scene where an inverted bullet is "fired". To normal people, the bullet appears to go from the target to the gun, but it works the same way a normal gun would, you just pull the trigger. The advantage? It does more damage. Why? Because of the radiation, IIRC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    That situation was explained in the first scene where an inverted bullet is "fired". To normal people, the bullet appears to go from the target to the gun, but it works the same way a normal gun would, you just pull the trigger. The advantage? It does more damage. Why? Because of the radiation, IIRC.
    So you fire the gun and the bullet goes from someplace that is not the chamber back into the chamber. And it got to that place where it was fired from (to?) because you went there first and put the bullet there?

It's a wildly dumb concept that requires way too much effort to "explain" which is why there's literally a scene in the movie saying 'eh, don't over think it'.

And they're right. Don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It's a wildly dumb concept that requires way too much effort to "explain" which is why there's literally a scene in the movie saying 'eh, don't over think it'.

And they're right. Don't.
    Yeah, I guess you're right. Trying to understand how something gets from Point A to Point B is way overthinking it;

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    it got to that place where it was fired from (to?) because you went there first and put the bullet there?
    The person who fires the gun "puts" the bullet there by the act of pulling the trigger, even if from our perception of time, the gun hasn't been fired yet. The real question is, when did the bullet hole appear on the wall? Throughout the movie, we see bullet holes in different surfaces (waiting for the gun to be fired), but when the girl is wounded with an inverted bullet, the wound wasn't there "before" and it doesn't disappear "after". Looks like a double standard.

There was no time travel that I could notice.
    He goes back in time at least twice in the movie?

There was no time travel that I could notice.
    1 character is literally from the future.

most of the main cast goes back into the recent past.

BANNED

By that definition, we all travel in time. See you tomorrow.

By that definition, we all travel in time. See you tomorrow.
    So what is time travel to you? Whats your standard for time travel fiction?

Was Primer not a time travel movie, either?

Christopher Nolan’s ‘Tenet’ is “related” to ‘Inception’, confirms star John David Washington

"They’re related by marriage"

Pretty sure he was being facetious, but its fun to theorize how all the Nolan movies (sans Batman Trilogy and Prestige I guess) are linked. I've read one theory that the scientist that explains inversion is the grown-up daughter of DeCaprio's character. And that the movie successful prevents the events of Interstellar from happening.

Fun, but Michael Caine appearing in all of them as a different character kinda shoots down taking it too seriously.