Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    As long as she doesn't become a damn Ninja. I love Dust as she is and with potential. I just hope she doesn't turn "sane" all of a sudden, then develop elite ninja kung fu pew pew skillz.
    Yip, the Xers are full up with ninja pew pew Kung Fu masters. We don't need anymore. A crazy Judo or Yoga masters maybe...
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-13-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

X-Men are nothing without them. What other property can legitimately say the women are the coolest and strongest characters?

Agreed ! The X-Men have by far the best and most powerful super heroines since the 70's. Claremont boosted them !

BANNED

I love the Clare-Amazons. Before Claremont superhero teams generally had just a token woman (o5 just had Marvel Girl, FF just had Invisible Woman, Avengers just had WASP and later lines up just had the Scarlet Witch). Claremont ENDED the era of token women. I loved how he redesigned Jean Grey as Phoenix and made her a hero on the level of characters like Thor and the Surfer. I loved the work he did on Storm, his creating Magik, Rogue, Rachel, Psylocke, etc.

The female characters he created or redesigned are so cool many of them are throughout the Marvel Universe. Kitty is in Guardians of the Galaxy, and Rogue is in the Avengers.

I also liked his supporting female characters like Stevie Hunter and Moira MacTaggert. MacTaggert was the first prominent female scientist in Marvel, in an universe that depicted scientists as all white men.

Claremont back in the 80s made Storm, a black woman, leader of the X-Men. He introduced Mystique and Destiny, who later turned out to be a lesbian couple that raised Rogue. I think Claremont was AHEAD of his TIME, and that helped propel the X-Men to superstardom. The female characters (among Marvel's more powerful and coolest heroes) and the fact that the X-Men were diverse for the 80s.

I'm amazed this is even a question. The Claremazons are the reason why X-Men is so great. I don't think the women are too perfect at all, most of them were incredibly well-written under Claremont's pen (weird fetishes with bondage and body transformations aside, although that could always be seen as a metaphor for things like powerlessness).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    If you don't like Clare-mazons go read the Avengers or something. X Men always has been and always should be about strong female characters.
    yessss and agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I nominate Blindfold as a nuClaremazon ala Spurrioso!
    Yeah Spurrier took her to the shop. Crazy brother and all.

I think representation of genders in comics is important and Claremont was doing it at a time before it was trendy, not just taking a failing comic and turning it around within a few years to be the popular must read super hero comic but the list of great characters he introduced or improved on especially female ones that are still popular today are endless, through Claremont X Men became such a diverse comic with genders,multiple races,and sexualities being represented and not in a way that was insulting (mostly) and ended the era of token characters. X Men today is diverse thanks to what Claremont started.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Claremazons are great because they're persons. Their gender rarely got to do with what they are and what they do. Still, he chose to create them women, not men --that's awesome (and relevant, of course).