Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The stuff coming to Disney+ in 2020

In recent "Netflix Is Sure On The Ropes..." news -

https://www.cbr.com/big-bang-theory-...ampaign=CBR-TW

Big Bang Theory's Co-Creator Signs Major First-Look Deal with Netflix
    "The opportunity to partner with Netflix is about more than just the support and creative freedom they have enthusiastically offered. Their approach to television and respect for the viewer allow for the kind of in-depth storytelling I have long been a fan of," Prady said in a statement. "We are excited to not only develop and produce our own projects, but also to find and champion new voices with new visions."

Extraordinary Member

Netflix is definitely worth keeping. I mean, from Stranger Things and the Crown to two of this year's Best Picture nominees and literally hundreds of original films and series in between, Netflix could run on their original content alone. And a good 80-90% of it is quality stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Your also ignoring the fact that right now HBO Max HAS to throw up as much new content as they can to try and get people to sign up. They are grabbing up every new show they can. If you don't think that will change in a few years when they are more established your kidding yourself. I can promise you out of all these new show they are putting out probably 80% of them will not last 2 seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One aspect of that worth mentioning...

The assumption that everything is created with more than two seasons in mind.

When you think of things like...

- The Current Watchmen Series
    - Many Of The Single Season FX Mini-Series
    - Too Old To Die Young

Not everything is going to fit into the "I Have 'This...' Many Seasons In Mind..." mold. One of the things about streaming is that creators won't have to create with being able to put multiple seasons together in mind.
    To come back around to this...

There probably won't be a second season of the current "Watchmen" series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Netflix is definitely worth keeping. I mean, from Stranger Things and the Crown to two of this year's Best Picture nominees and literally hundreds of original films and series in between, Netflix could run on their original content alone. And a good 80-90% of it is quality stuff.
    Agreed. Between El Camino, You, Witcher, and The Irishman.. just original content on Netflix has kept me busy recently

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Agreed. Between El Camino, You, Witcher, and The Irishman.. just original content on Netflix has kept me busy recently
    And Bojack's last season coming this Jan.

I mean all Netflix has to do is come up with 12 event stuff for a year, one per month, some can be movies, some can be TV shows, in different genres -- comedy, action, animation, drama, and so on.

The way Netflix is going they look to hit that mark.

I watched dont fu** with cats on the internet. For 75% of that show I thought It was a Mockumentary. Then I saw some real people and looked it up. Wow something about the way they filmed that felt more like American Vandal then it did the Aaron Hernandez story or making a murderer.

I just saw a trailer for Locke and Key. Interesting, I love the comic. I kinda stopped following the news after all the failed attempts at TV adaptations and only found out with less than 3 weeks before it drops on Netflix. Looks good.
    Live true or lie well.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    I just saw a trailer for Locke and Key. Interesting, I love the comic. I kinda stopped following the news after all the failed attempts at TV adaptations and only found out with less than 3 weeks before it drops on Netflix. Looks good.
    Yep, that's one I will definitely check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I watched dont fu** with cats on the internet. For 75% of that show I thought It was a Mockumentary. Then I saw some real people and looked it up. Wow something about the way they filmed that felt more like American Vandal then it did the Aaron Hernandez story or making a murderer.
    I rather liked DFWC, as an investigative look at what happened. Of course the importance of the “internet warriors” was played up a bit, as they really wound up not accomplishing much, and all the Facebook-ey type graphics stuff wasn’t accurate for the time-period. So yeah, it was rather sensationalized in a weird way.

Pretty f’ed up story nonetheless, and I’m a cat person. Morbid curiosity got the better of me, and I looked up most of the original videos posted from Magnotta, so the woman’s (forget her name) point at the end kinda hit me poignantly.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 01-20-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    I rather liked DFWC, as an investigative look at what happened. Of course the importance of the “internet warriors” was played up a bit, as they really wound up not accomplishing much, and all the Facebook-ey type graphics stuff wasn’t accurate for the time-period. So yeah, it was rather sensationalized in a weird way.

Pretty f’ed up story nonetheless, and I’m a cat person. Morbid curiosity got the better of me, and I looked up most of the original videos posted from Magnotta, so the woman’s (forget her name) point at the end kinda hit me poignantly.
    I liked it too. But I legit thought it was a Mockumentary for most the series. Iono why

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love Netflix, even if they canceled THE OA which was the best bit of television I've seen in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I love Netflix, even if they canceled THE OA which was the best bit of television I've seen in ages.
    I enjoyed the OA but alot of it is just me wondering wtf is going on. And then that Meta tease for the 3rd season and Psychic Octopus. Woulda loved another season but I'm pretty sure I never woulda known wtf is going on even if we had another.

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-studio-g...ampaign=CBR-TW

Netflix Lands Massive Studio Ghibli International Streaming Rights Deal
    The films making their way to the convenient and wide-ranging service is no small feat. Netflix Director of Original Animation Aram Yacoubian expressed his excitement of the films getting another breath of life via streaming, saying, "This is a dream come true for Netflix and millions of our members. Studio Ghibli’s animated films are legendary and have enthralled fans around the world for over 35 years. We’re excited to make them available in more languages across Latin America, Europe, Africa and Asia – so that more people can enjoy this whimsical and wonderful world of animation."

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-20-perce...ampaign=CBR-TW

Netflix Saw Massive Growth in 2019, Despite Increased Competition