Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The reviews I've seen of The Witcher are all over the place. Guess I'd better get watching and see for myself.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The reviews I've seen of The Witcher are all over the place. Guess I'd better get watching and see for myself.
    It depends. I think the media was pushing it as the next Game of Thrones and then a lot of them got dissapointed that it wasn't Game of Thrones

I would say netflix is worth keeping as generally i find a new series to watch every 2-3 weeks. imo they range in quality from OK to good, a few are stellar (Stranger Things) while a few are outright duds (I-land). Right now i'm watching both the Witcher and Lost in Space S2. The new original content plus the occasional movie and series from other countries make it a worthwhile service imo. I probably see more indie films on netflix than anywhere else, and they do get some blockbusters too. Whether the money they are spending on original content will cause financial problems for them down the line is certainly a reasonable concern, but i fail to see how that would affect a decision to currently subscribe, when its easy to cancel at any time..its not like you're locked in for years or anything.

As far as cancelling shows like Daybreak, just reflects the fact that showrunners/writers shouldn't end a season on an outright cliffhanger. Its fine to leave a few plot strands dangling or introduce some ideas to build off of in the next season, but its silly to count on the show being renewed...there should be enough closure at the end of the season to leave fans feeling at least somewhat satisfied if it ends there. And its also silly to blame Netflix when other networks and streaming services seem fine with cancelling shows that end on cliffhangers, its not like that's a new thing.

I love Netflix and I would be very weary about not having it. I do like stuff like Lost in Space re-make, Stranger Things, stuff like "The Toys That Made Us" or "The Movies That Made Us"

I think they are trying and I appreciate that.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    It depends. I think the media was pushing it as the next Game of Thrones and then a lot of them got dissapointed that it wasn't Game of Thrones
    Well that wasn’t very clever. The next Game Of Thrones is never very much like the last one.

Meanwhile, out in actual reality...

https://comicbook.com/starwars/2019/...l-disney-plus/

People Are Cancelling Disney+ Since Star Wars: The Mandalorian Is Over

BANNED

Also this
    https://www.businessinsider.com/witc...-world-2019-12

Witcher 2019 surpassed Mandalorian as the biggest streaming show in the world.

Don't call it a comeback

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Having played the games I don't know how anyone went into the Witcher expecting it to fill the void of game of thrones. They are not alike at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Having played the games I don't know how anyone went into the Witcher expecting it to fill the void of game of thrones. They are not alike at all.
    Never played them myself, but I have seen lets plays. They do have dark fantasy and lots of nudity in common, but that's about it.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Also this
    https://www.businessinsider.com/witc...-world-2019-12

Witcher 2019 surpassed Mandalorian as the biggest streaming show in the world.

Don't call it a comeback

How are they even calculating this? I thought Disney+ was only released in very few markets.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Because people are stupid. They see people on horses and using swords and they want to say it is just like _________. They are never right, but they still say it.

it doesn't surprise me that people are cancelling Disney plus now that Mandalorean is finished. What does surprise me is that Disney had nothing ready to go for Jan 2020. I guess they really expected people to just watch old star wars/marvel movies and simpsons episodes until next fall. I suppose if you have kids maybe its worth it but i feel like at this point streaming services live and die by their original content.

One thing probably propping them up is that a lot people (like me) got a free one year subscription with their Verizon cell phone plan. Currently i'm watchin season 2 of Runaways since i never got Hulu, as well as some cartoons like Rebels and X-men animated series.

I have access to Disney+ and I haven't watched shit yet.

It's nice to have access to Pixar and Disney classics, but beyond that, I don't want to just watch Marvel/Star Wars endlessly.

I'll watch The Mandelorian, but after that, there just isn't much that I want to watch again. Because everything of interest on Disney+, I've seen already.

Netflix, meanwhile, has lots of shit I haven't watched yet.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I been watching a lot of National Geographic stuff on Disney+. It's easy to ignore since it's not mainstream content.

I dont understand people going through the faff of unsubscribing then resubscribing every 3-5 months. Waste of time, if your only interested in that one show that badly you may as well wait until its out on DVD/Digital Download or just pirate it.