Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I guess how the next decade pans out in terms of popular culture really depends on the next US election and how indignant/triumphalist Hollywood and the mainstream media feels after it.

Either way, if it somehow encourages more people to switch off their computers/devices and stop viewing the world through the sick lens of Twitter then I'm all for that.
    Lower The Pissing Winch!

I think most comic book shops will close their doors as floppies will go the way of the VCR. A few will remain as people will still want back issues but even that wont keep doors open very long thanks to online comic stores and sites like DC Universe and Marvel Unlimited.

Movie theaters will also have a hard time thanks to streaming services. The big name movies will still make a profit but smaller films will be lucky to break even.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

1.Streaming becomes the new cable.
    2. Completely computer generated actors become a thing towards the end of the decade.
    3. Robots/androids become an ever more common place thing in society and in the media.
    4. People start to retreat more and more into artificially generated worlds.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Toasters reveal themselves to be sentient and take over.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I think most comic book shops will close their doors as floppies will go the way of the VCR. A few will remain as people will still want back issues but even that wont keep doors open very long thanks to online comic stores and sites like DC Universe and Marvel Unlimited.

Movie theaters will also have a hard time thanks to streaming services. The big name movies will still make a profit but smaller films will be lucky to break even.
    I'll be honest, most of the back issues I want I can't find in comic shops. I may have to use my Kindle account more than I planned to.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Toasters reveal themselves to be sentient and take over.
    Attached Images Attached Images