Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Geoff Johns and Gary Frank Have An Idea for a Doomsday Clock Sequel

Good Grief - how many years would it take to release that?

Would you be up for a sequel to DC or would you like some time to let the dust settle on what we just got?

"That was always the ending, an ending filled with hope for tomorrow. And if Gary and I really dig deep -- we have a kernel of an idea -- but if we really have that developed, we'll tell that story. It's really up to people whether or not they want to see that story and if, like Doomsday Clock, we really have our stories formulated into something that we want to tell," teased Johns. "Because we have ideas, but when do it, I want to make sure we do it right and have the story that really matters to us in a personal way like Doomsday Clock did."

https://www.cbr.com/doomsday-clock-g...-for-a-sequel/

Moore is furiously doubling his curses as we speak lmao. If they do this they shouldn’t even talk about it until Frank is drawing the last issue and release it all at once.

BANNED

Can't wait for 2037 can't come soon enough.

As well as this sold (I believe), I don't think people could stomach another major delayed event that the rest of the DCU hardly even acknowledged.

Always Rakzo

Hopefully there will be less editorial interference and Frank will be given enough time before release.

Still, will buy pretty much anything from this team.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

What's the pitch?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

No. Just no. After all the wait for this one to be finished. I would say no time’s infinity.

It's hard to see past the waits.

Honestly, I'd say any sequel would be better off focusing on JUST the Watchmen universe and staying away from the DCU.
    That way, there wouldn't be all the anger on holding up the main universe and a perception it was causing harm there in terms of storytelling.
    We could just enjoy the sequel story whenever it came out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    It's hard to see past the waits.

Honestly, I'd say any sequel would be better off focusing on JUST the Watchmen universe and staying away from the DCU.
    That way, there wouldn't be all the anger on holding up the main universe and a perception it was causing harm there in terms of storytelling.
    We could just enjoy the sequel story whenever it came out.
    Agree completely.

It might even be nice if they created a new hero or two (or even some villains) that could show up later on in a DC book or storyline (sort of the way Harbinger, Lady Quark, and Alexander Luthor did from COIE).

Honestly, I just want Gary Frank to do more Rorschach art. Actually, can he just work on a book for The Question?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"But it's all going to be if we're really able to land on the specifics and are able to tell the story the way we want to tell it and see if people want to see something else."

Sounds like that's gonna take some time

So, since he asks, I want to see A History of DC Universe lore book every time they start a new Earth, starting with 5G. No more having to ask what's canon or not, and I want the writers to have them too, so they can't just make up **** on the fly.

Mighty Member

I like Doomsday Clock, I absolutely do, but if the sequel is going to have the same pitfalls as the original I'd rather they didn't. Gary Frank is a slower artist; Geoff Johns is a busy busy man. I'm down if it's a graphic novel. If it's a mini-series and they can do it without it being so heavily attached to or influenced by continuity, I'm down. If they were to do it, I prefer they did it like Killing Joke, a stand alone story, and DC can decide whether or not it is part of continuity later. Otherwise, if these two individuals are sold on working together, I'd rather they do something completely new.

I’d prefer the three jokers storyline gets started first before a doomsday clock sequel.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would rather read the original plan they had for Doomsday Clock before the changes brought by Didio/Bendis forced them to rewrite so much of this series which is whst caused the delays.

And so begins the eternal mining of new Watchmen material.