Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

The franchise was hard on all the cast, esp. since the movies weren't perfect.

Don't blame any of them for not wanting to do anything with Star Wars for awhile.

That said, time heals these wounds so it's certainly possible they may be willing to reprise roles 5 or 10 or 20 years down the road.

Ultimate Member

They just turned Poe into "Latin Han Solo" here. Complete with a backstory as a spice smuggler.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    They just turned Poe into "Latin Han Solo" here. Complete with a backstory as a spice smuggler.
    The other movies seemed to imply that Poe had a much darker past. I was underwhelmed with the reveal--but I guess it's Disney so I shouldn't have been surprised.

(I did like Zorri Bliss as a side character though)

Ultimate Member

Nah if anything they implied that he was loyal to The Resistance from the get go, it helped separate him from Han. Also this backstory contradicts most of the EU stuff with him as well.

Also giving the guy from Guatemala a backstory where he's essentially a drug smuggler, really JJ, really?

I wouldn't mind seeing more of Zorri though.

Also apparently Oscar said in an interview that he's also done with SW as well.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, I went from hating Finn just because of the buffoon they made him into, to now being frustrated by the fact we may never see new elements introduced in him that will never have a progression and pay off. Imagine a general that leads a squadron former trained stormtroopers that all may be force sensitive having jedi showing them the ways to the force.
    Finn needs a TV series or his own movie.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I liked Zorri on her own, but I couldn't help but feel Disney mostly put her in there because Finn and Poe have a case of the Not Gays.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I liked Zorri on her own, but I couldn't help but feel Disney mostly put her in there because Finn and Poe have a case of the Not Gays.
    If they made Poe and Fin gay now that would be progressive not a background kiss with minor characters that can easily be cut.

Amazed some people patting Disney on the back for that...
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Lol, that funny is exactly what I thought of it. Seemingly giving the middle finger to any social media movement for Poe and Finn to be gay together. Personally I was thinking that Finn needed to get with Jannah! Forget Rey and Poe!!!

I'm guessing the Poe stuff is probably before he was a New Republic pilot, perhaps a rebellious phase (apparently he was orphaned at an early age) although I think Zori's dialogue said he went from the spice thing straight to the resistance, which does kind of mess up the backstory.

Curiously the Poe Dameron comics also hinted that Poe might have some force ability all his own as well...and he was raised next to a force tree.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    He wanted to complete the Sith ritual since he was clearly not well.
    Basically there's still not a lot of them but at the beginning they have some new starfighters, troop carriers and Leia's old Corellian Corvette; they try to take out the fleet's control tower with just those. However, they almost lose until Lando-who is sent to give a sort of rallying cry to the galaxy-arrives with a ton of other ships as reinforcements. That's the big fleet seen in the trailers. It's pretty much every Rebel/resistance Star War ships ever plus various cameo ships from the animated series.

Regarding Fleming I'm pretty sure that they just used the stock footage from TFA. In the new parents footage we only see Rey's back.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Those two never came off as gay to me. I'm not the type to think people two should be romantically involved because they're great together.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    If they made Poe and Fin gay now that would be progressive not a background kiss with minor characters that can easily be cut.

Amazed some people patting Disney on the back for that...
    Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Lol, that funny is exactly what I thought of it. Seemingly giving the middle finger to any social media movement for Poe and Finn to be gay together. Personally I was thinking that Finn needed to get with Jannah! Forget Rey and Poe!!!
    I think stuff like the background characters kissing is important too in its own way. But on its own, as a half assed attempt to be progressive while pretty blatantly backtracking/ignoring other options at the same time? Yeah kind of pitiful.

Especially as they will likely cut it out in some international releases like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Those two never came off as gay to me. I'm not the type to think people two should be romantically involved because they're great together.
    I think the chemistry could go either way. Isaac played it that way I think in TFA. They seem to be the only two people with consistently good chemistry between each other and enjoy each others' company.

But seriously, there is a pretty vocal segment on social media wanting these two to get together for something legitimately new and different. And their attempts to shoehorn in female love interests for Finn and Poe (though more of a **** buddy in the latter's case) seems like a pretty transparent attempt to diver attention away from it. Amusingly enough, Boyega plays it with disinterest with the new woman he's paired up with in this film. Because the other two avenues (Rey or Poe) would have been more interesting and progressive.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Rose did seem to come across in Last Jedi like a beard for Finn. I thought the treatment of her in ROS was probably a tad unfair, even though I am not a big fan of the character.

I don’t think it’s essential to make Finn and Poe an item mind. Bromances in fiction don’t especially seem to be understood by parts of fandom these days. TFA implies that Poe might have a bit of a crush on Finn but not the other way around.

I know the parallels to ROTJ were inevitable but did anyone else think that they were gonna reveal out the blue that Finn and Jannah were siblings?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post

I know the parallels to ROTJ were inevitable but did anyone else think that they were gonna reveal out the blue that Finn and Jannah were siblings?
    I got the feeling that Jannah might have been related to Lando after their meeting. Lando is the type of guy I can see having a few bastard children around the galaxy.