Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Default If JJ was given 4 hours to make EP IX

I think the movie would have been much better to watch while EP VIII's damage was too big to fill.

But still things like Palpatine's revival, Kylo Ren's redemption and the last fight would have been much smoother.

Ultimate Member

Most definitely.

The thing is, a lot of movies are edited into hell due to studio mandate.

A lot of terrible movies are vastly improved by their directors cuts.

Mighty Member

My problem with 9 is also my problem with 8, and that is I feel it had too quick of a development and didn't have an outline for this trilogy.

8 I think is the best Star Wars outside the original trilogy, but the script ultimately needed another draft or two. I feel there were a lot of things that could have been changed or tightened.
    Episode 9 felt very reactionary to that, but I also feel like there's a better cut of the movie out there.
    The pacing is horrible, it never gives you time to process anything.
    It also retreads a lot of the same issues the legends expanded universe had, but does then worse.
    Bringing back Palpatine and making him the main antagonist again was incredibly silly, especially as The Last Jedi set up Kylo as the main antagonist perfectly. At least Dark Empire gives us some nice art to look at.

This film just made me go back to the legends universe.

Regarding the cuts I'm kind of curious if they'd ever release an alternate cut of Rogue One or Solo, which had very public reshoot issues-and also a good chunk of the material in the early Rogue One trailers wasn't even in the film.

TLJ I think had some major changes to the opening and ending, some footage was shot with Finn as one of the bombers for example, and possibly a different confrontation between Kylo and Luke on Ach-To instead of the salt planet (not too sure about that last one, it could've just been alternate footage of Kylo doing the force linkup with Rey and appearing in the hut).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

All-New Member

I loved this film its my favorite star war films

honestly agree with most of this post expect for palpatine returning again, hes gone mind and spirit
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-16-2021 at 09:39 AM.

So I just learned on Robot Chicken that Rey is Palpatine's grand daughter? What this shows me is that I was paying so little attention by the end of the movie and have not bothered to revisit it that this major plot twist has escaped me for all this time.
    So who was Rey`s parents and grand mother?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

The novel adaptation mentions that Rey's father is a clone of Palpatine who went rogue and fell in love.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So I just learned on Robot Chicken that Rey is Palpatine's grand daughter? What this shows me is that I was paying so little attention by the end of the movie and have not bothered to revisit it that this major plot twist has escaped me for all this time.
    So who was Rey`s parents and grand mother?
    Did you watch all three movies? There was a bit of retcon/misdirection, but we did see Rey's parents in Force Awakens and Last Jedi. They were nobodies, the father just ended up being made from Palpatine stock.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Did you watch all three movies? There was a bit of retcon/misdirection, but we did see Rey's parents in Force Awakens and Last Jedi. They were nobodies, the father just ended up being made from Palpatine stock.
    I have seen all 9 movies. Starting with A New Hope in 1976. I remember the stuff about who her parents might be, with Snoke saying they were nobodies. Which I thought at the time was a underwhelming resolution to the mystery. Rey being so strong with the Force needed a bigger resolution. I suppose her being Palpatine's granddaughter qualifies.
    I think I tuned out when he showed up at the end of TROS. The whole thing felt like so much of a retread of 50 years of Star Wars movies that I just was waiting for it to end.
    I watched the ending again and saw where he called her granddaughter, it just went past me the first time I saw it and I haven't thought much about the movie since,
    It's probably best I don't think about how Zombie Palpatine fits into what happen in TFA and TLJ. Especially regarding Rey.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

There's a scene at the beginning of ROS that shows multiple Snokes in some kind of weird vat and Palpatine says he created Snoke. It's implied that Palpatine was using Snoke as a puppet ruler to control the First Order and Ben (A bit, perhaps, like Dooku during the Clone Wars). So that's kind of how Palpatine fits, he was ruling by proxy. Here's another way to describe it: https://twitter.com/JacobsQuest/stat...7061219221506?

Know what's really messed up? It's possible Snoke is a twisted clone of Luke: https://thedirect.com/article/star-w...e-hand-severed
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-23-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Finally some details about Matt Smith's possible role/casting, from the man himself: https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-rise-o...scrapped-role/