Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Also Sheev's been building this massive fleet for like 30+ years in secret apparently. Yet when he's just about to launch his big attack, he decides broadcast his survival to everyone, thereby ensuring that they'll unite to stop him?

He does everything possible to ensure that his own plan will fail here seemingly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also Sheev's been building this massive fleet for like 30+ years in secret apparently. Yet when he's just about to launch his big attack, he decides broadcast his survival to everyone, thereby ensuring that they'll unite to stop him?

He does everything possible to ensure that his own plan will fail here seemingly.
    The fleet was just a backdrop. He needed Rey and Ren to come to him. (Which he also handled very poorly when they did come)

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

It was my favourite film in the trilogy. Not perfect certainly and its handling of Leia could be better but it does a better job overall with the new broom and thank lord Reylo is cancelled forever, kiss or not. The only thing I was quite disappointed with was no actual help from the Jedi force ghosts. Seeing Anakin, Luke and Rey and the others all attacking Palps would have been awesome.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I didn't see the movie yet but at the end of the TLJ, all that was left of the Resistance were the troopers crammed into the Millennium Falcon. Did this TROS explain how they were able to able to muster more troops and a fleet equipped to handle a batch of star destroyers armed with portable Death Star Weapons?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I didn't see the movie yet but at the end of the TLJ, all that was left of the Resistance were the troopers crammed into the Millennium Falcon. Did this TROS explain how they were able to able to muster more troops and a fleet equipped to handle a batch of star destroyers armed with portable Death Star Weapons?
    There was enough of a time jump that you could safely assume that the Resistance had some time to rebuild. They made it a point in the movie to explain many times that they were short handed, the new Rebel base was pretty much an outdoor camp, etc.

(It's also a plot point at the end where they need help because they don't have enough fleet to deal with the Emperor's new fleet)

Astonishing Member

Saw it again and comments:

- As a standalone, it's not great movie. If this was the first Star Wars movie you watched you would probably hate it. But it was a good conclusion to the trilogy that did all it needed to do. I enjoyed it and I was not expecting it to. I guess it's all about expectations, the bar had been set so low from the previous installment.

- I strongly disagree with the criticism that the movie had no "heart". I thought it had the biggest heart of all of the 3 movies. There's good character development, All the main characters have an arc, and I thought they did a fantastic job of redeeming Kylo, a character I didn't feel could really be redeemed (or saved as a character) after the second movie.

- I would probably be open to a follow up book/movie/comic/Disney+ TV series that follows up on Finn's journey with the Force or Lando and Janna's random adventures.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I would probably be open to a follow up book/movie/comic/Disney+ TV series that follows up on Finn's journey with the Force or Lando and Janna's random adventures.
    Yes, this please. Maybe with the latter switching between Glover and Williams’ Lando in something spanning two eras of Star Wars. Finn and Poe’s adventures between XIII and IX or post IX would be interesting too. Would be open to something with Luke and Ben pre TFA too though.

Damn, this movie was ass.

Star Wars is a mess. Kennedy should probably be fired now.

I like RO, but the production was a mess. Solo was a mess from start to finish. The trilogy is bad as a trilogy, and this was just **** because of it. They had no plan. The two directors couldn't have been farther apart ideologically.

I'd say put Feloni (or whatever his name is) in charge of this ****. Or just stop making Star Wars.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Damn, this movie was ass.

Star Wars is a mess. Kennedy should probably be fired now.

I like RO, but the production was a mess. Solo was a mess from start to finish. The trilogy is bad as a trilogy, and this was just **** because of it. They had no plan. The two directors couldn't have been farther apart ideologically.

I'd say put Feloni (or whatever his name is) in charge of this ****. Or just stop making Star Wars.
    This option please.
    A few decades in, and we have 11 films. Only 2 of them are great classics, plus one pretty good one that wraps up those two (RoTJ is flawed, but it looks like the Godfather in comparison to what came after it).

The best way to recapture the magic of Star Wars is do create a new movie that has nothing to do with Star Wars and is as original and exciting in its own way as the original film. But that would require actual creativity in Hollywood and that ain't happening. And even if it did, it would be morphed into a soulless corporate driven cash cow franchise like SW was anyway.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

In a lot of ways, this film doesn't feel like a conclusion to either the "Skywalker Saga" or the one that began in TFA. Some of the most interesting possibilities are left wide open and hopefully Disney will explore them in some form or another. I would be especially interested to see where Finn's story goes from here. That's the one that had the least closure.

I loved it, but then I love Star Wars. TFA and TLJ were good too, but this was the first time the feeling of nostalgia was so great it took me back to my childhood. It's my favorite one since Revenge of the Sith. The way Rise of Skywalker used downward parrying moves to bring something new to a light saber duel after the epic lava battle on Mustafar was really cool.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 12-23-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    He wanted to complete the Sith ritual since he was clearly not well.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    In a lot of ways, this film doesn't feel like a conclusion to either the "Skywalker Saga" or the one that began in TFA. Some of the most interesting possibilities are left wide open and hopefully Disney will explore them in some form or another. I would be especially interested to see where Finn's story goes from here. That's the one that had the least closure.
    Agreed, I went from hating Finn just because of the buffoon they made him into, to now being frustrated by the fact we may never see new elements introduced in him that will never have a progression and pay off. Imagine a general that leads a squadron former trained stormtroopers that all may be force sensitive having jedi showing them the ways to the force.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Agreed, I went from hating Finn just because of the buffoon they made him into, to now being frustrated by the fact we may never see new elements introduced in him that will never have a progression and pay off. Imagine a general that leads a squadron former trained stormtroopers that all may be force sensitive having jedi showing them the ways to the force.
    Would love to see it. Does anyone know if John Boyega has expressed any interest in future SW projects? I know Daisy Ridley said she was done once the trilogy was complete. Anyway, here's hoping...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Would love to see it. Does anyone know if John Boyega has expressed any interest in future SW projects? I know Daisy Ridley said she was done once the trilogy was complete. Anyway, here's hoping...
    I think that John has said he doesn't want to do a Disney+ project at least, but I'm not sure on that.