Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I dunno, apparently the Wayfinder Kylo uses was found on Mustafar and you can see it in Rogue One. Lucky break or evidence of planning?
    I just watched the 3 and a half minutes of Mustafar in Rogue One 4 times and don't so the Sith Wayfinder anywhere.

Also searched through the internet and can't find anything about the Wayfinder being in Rogue One
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 01-03-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Watched TROS a second time and enjoyed it even more. There is a lot going on in the film, but it's not without quiet character moments.

I don't think it's intended as a slight to TLJ. Luke was clearly in a different place at the end of TLJ than he was at the beginning, hence his remark about a Jedi's weapon. Rey's attempt to isolate herself on Ach-To as Luke once did was a really nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Watched TROS a second time and enjoyed it even more. There is a lot going on in the film, but it's not without quiet character moments.

I don't think it's intended as a slight to TLJ. Luke was clearly in a different place at the end of TLJ than he was at the beginning, hence his remark about a Jedi's weapon. Rey's attempt to isolate herself on Ach-To as Luke once did was a really nice touch.
    There were so many great things about ROS. People can say they were fan service but they were great fan service.

Ever since the original in 1977, I thought it would be great to have a storm trooper as a hero. Not even one ST would be horrified by the horrible acts and find a way to defect? Of course, this was before we knew they were all clones of the same guy. But, by the time of TFA, they clearly were not clones anymore.

3PO finally showing some gumption. Granted, I never got to see him tell Han Solo to shove it in the original trilogy but at least he showed some bravery in the finale.

It's funny how, on most of the fan service, one person sees it as trite and forced while an equal number- at least equal- so it as fitting perfectly and organically into the story.

At any rate, I thought the movie was a decent finale. I don't know if it was exactly a slight to TLJ but Abrams clearly had to do things to get things back on track to his story.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I just watched the 3 and a half minutes of Mustafar in Rogue One 4 times and don't so the Sith Wayfinder anywhere.

Also searched through the internet and can't find anything about the Wayfinder being in Rogue One
    I looked, too. Did not see it either.

Upon further investigation, the info comes from the visual dictionary, which states that Kylo's Wayfinder was found in Vader's castle on Mustafar.

I agree.

Characters growing are not evidence of ill-will towards another movie.

It's called progression.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    There were so many great things about ROS. People can say they were fan service but they were great fan service.
    Agreed.

Ever since the original in 1977, I thought it would be great to have a storm trooper as a hero. Not even one ST would be horrified by the horrible acts and find a way to defect? Of course, this was before we knew they were all clones of the same guy. But, by the time of TFA, they clearly were not clones anymore.
    It was one of the best plot points of the ST. I loved the development with the other defectors, seemingly force-sensitive. Feel like there's so much more that can be done with that! I mean, really, if we're talking about where the New New Republic goes from here, that's the point most worthy of further exploration. The democratization of the Force and a group of individuals who have firsthand experience with the inner workings of fascism.

3PO finally showing some gumption. Granted, I never got to see him tell Han Solo to shove it in the original trilogy but at least he showed some bravery in the finale.

It's funny how, on most of the fan service, one person sees it as trite and forced while an equal number- at least equal- so it as fitting perfectly and organically into the story.

At any rate, I thought the movie was a decent finale. I don't know if it was exactly a slight to TLJ but Abrams clearly had to do things to get things back on track to his story.
    'Fan service' is a funny concept, because technically, even subverting expectations is done with the intention of ultimately wowing fans. Luke's confrontation with Kylo Ren on Crait is clearly intended as a reward for following Luke's journey. No one sets out to make a film that disrespects fans (though fans will of course disagree as to whether they've been disrespected or not).

I think Abrams reinforced a lot of themes from TLJ, not the least of which was Rey temporarily succumbing to the same isolationist temptation as Luke did.

The Wayfarers do have a heavy resemblance to Sith holocrons.

https://www.starwars.com/databank/sith-holocron
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I agree.

Characters growing are not evidence of ill-will towards another movie.

It's called progression.
    I'll admit the first time I saw TROS I read the lightsaber joke as a meta-commentary on TLJ. But it didn't take me long to realize that it was actually the moment that probably embraced TLJ the most. It showed Luke's growth and that Rey was susceptible to the same temptation and was only saved from it by someone who'd made the same mistake. So it really put a nice bow on Luke's relationship with Rey.

I'll admit the first time I saw TROS I read the lightsaber joke as a meta-commentary on TLJ. But it didn't take me long to realize that it was actually the moment that probably embraced TLJ the most. It showed Luke's growth and that Rey was susceptible to the same temptation and was only saved from it by someone who'd made the same mistake. So it really put a nice bow on Luke's relationship with Rey.
    Exactly.

Through failure, Luke taught Rey her greatest lesson (the theme of TLJ.)
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

All-New Member

Watched it Three Times in Cinema and the Fourth will vome soon^^

I finally got to see it on Saturday, and I really liked it. Only a few small issues with the pace the first 45 minutes, but other than that, I thought it wrapped up the saga good. It did leave a few questions and potential future story opportunities. One question - So Leia stopped her training with Luke, cause she was pregnant and had a vision that her son was going to die, and also had a vision of someone else getting her lightsaber one day?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...pening-weekend

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Has Seen Significantly High Drops In Attendance Since Opening Weekend

Not that we needed it to be official. but maybe we do, since we don't have to live with the spin, Disney is so happy with the rise of skywalker box office.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Thanks, that's cheered me up immensely!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...pening-weekend

Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Has Seen Significantly High Drops In Attendance Since Opening Weekend

Not that we needed it to be official. but maybe we do, since we don't have to live with the spin, Disney is so happy with the rise of skywalker box office.
    I'm curious, if they do any comics about Princess Rey and her friends, if they'll sell?

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I'm curious, if they do any comics about Princess Rey and her friends, if they'll sell?
    How well have the ones they've already made sold?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)