Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tombernes View Post
    Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker Palpatine plot hole has been filled
    https://honknews.com/star-wars-episo...-filled/15256/
    I was trying to explain the Dark saber at the end of The Mandalorian to my brother (who though it was some kind of Sith thing) and he said "great now I have to be a Star Wars 'nerd' to enjoy anything now?". If you have to go to the Star Wars Visual Dictionary to understand the movie then it really may not appeal to the "masses" as much. I make the comment that there are more Batman fans that have never read a comic than those that have. The majority of Star Wars movie goers only watch the movies and that is it so I think that the stories in the movies should be contained in them self.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Mighty Member

Despite being an avid comics book reader I agree with you.

It's not fair to charge someone for a cinema ticket then demand they splash out on other media to see where the story ends.

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I'm curious, if they do any comics about Princess Rey and her friends, if they'll sell?
    "Princess Rey" lol. Man that is catching on quick...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Despite being an avid comics book reader I agree with you.

It's not fair to charge someone for a cinema ticket then demand they splash out on other media to see where the story ends.
    Honestly this has been a problem with Star Wars since the Prequels. Lots of stuff back then fans wanted to see in the films and they ended up being relegated to comics and books. Its a pretty annoying crutch usage that I was hoping Disney wouldn't pull, but alas.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-08-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I have Now had the pleasure in seeing Rise of Skywalker 2 times in the Theaters, once in standard viewing and my 2nd outing at an AMC IMAX 3D Viewing.

Been pondering how to say my feelings and review of the movie but This Reviewers link below mostly sums up my review for in a very close way with what I would have said of and experience of the movie very well.

Read the full review before going Further;

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020...l-trilogy.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In All I Adored both my viewings of Rise of Skywalker and will likely enjoy future viewings as well!

I went in with an open mind for both the good and the bad with what I heard, but the bad could not be further from my experience.

I had a Blast with Rise of Skywalker, it grew my fandom greatly for Stars Wars, made me appreciate the other movies more now then before, I greatly like the new Trio of Rey, Finn and Po more then every, they really worked well off and with each other and finally I enjoyed the twists and story a great deal.

I have never Star Wars more then I did before, it made me into a bigger fan, so My many thanks to Rise of Skywalker for that.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Honestly this has been a problem with Star Wars since the Prequels. Lots of stuff back then fans wanted to see in the films and they ended up being relegated to comics and books. Its a pretty annoying crutch usage that I was hoping Disney wouldn't pull, but alas.
    Anything to make more money!

Anything to make more money!
    I don't think that it's that. I don't see droves of people that really never went past going to the movies going out to get the books and comic books or watching hours of cartoons. I didn't really mind the Dark Saber thing in The Mandalorian much because there will be a second season will more than likely explain what it is. In the movies I really don't think there will be anything going over the Sith Eternal and how they come about resurrecting Palpatine. I see it as more bad management than anything else. It is good to have "ester eggs' here and there that really don't have anything to do with the plot but this his not all that great in my opinion.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 01-09-2020 at 03:05 PM.

They've confirmed that another OT character was killed off: Nien Nunb. Basically he was piloting the Tantive IV and the vessel was destroyed during the battle (It's intended to be the same vessel from the first film; The Empire apparently kept it in mothballs and the Resistance recovered it at some point).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    They've confirmed that another OT character was killed off: Nien Nunb. Basically he eso depressing?asiloting the Tantive IV and the vessel was destroyed during the battle (It's intended to be the same vessel from the first film; The Empire apparently kept it in mothballs and the Resistance recovered it at some point).
    When did Star Wars become so depressing?

When did Star Wars become so depressing?
    When the original actors started dying off

Mighty Member

Which is of course beyond anyone's power to correct.

Regarding celluloid.....
    I had no problems with Han and Luke bowing out, because it was moving and powerful.

Ben Solo's death was a terrible waste of a character I very much wanted to see more of, as well as the OTs heir. And it seemed so very pointless. The entire Skywalker bloodline erased. Therefore, Palpatine won. He got his way. He caused the end of the last Skywalker.

It was all for nothing.

Which is of course beyond anyone's power to correct.

Regarding celluloid.....
    I had no problems with Han and Luke bowing out, because it was moving and powerful.

Ben Solo's death was a terrible waste of a character I very much wanted to see more of, as well as the OTs heir. And it seemed so very pointless. The entire Skywalker bloodline erased. Therefore, Palpatine won. He got his way. He caused the end of the last Skywalker.

It was all for nothing.
    Palpatine's end goal was never ending the Skywalker bloodline, but resurrecting the Sith Empire, which morphed into resurrecting himself and reclaiming his throne. He completely failed at that. As far as the bloodline ending thing goes, as the movie itself asserted, some things are stronger then blood, not to mention that the movie ends showing us that the Skywalkers will continue, outliving Palpatine's legacy.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yeah, if anything Palpatine wanted to corrupt the bloodline, which he succeeded once, and twice by proxy, and of course he tried to turn Luke. He only attacked Luke and Ben when it became clear that his plan wasn't working.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Palpatine's end goal was never ending the Skywalker bloodline, but resurrecting the Sith Empire, which morphed into resurrecting himself and reclaiming his throne. He completely failed at that. As far as the bloodline ending thing goes, as the movie itself asserted, some things are stronger then blood, not to mention that the movie ends showing us that the Skywalkers will continue, outliving Palpatine's legacy.
    But.they.won't. Will they?
    Because every single one of the legacy family, the heart and soul of the franchise, are gone for good.
    It doesn't matter if Rey, Finn, Poe, and the entire Resistance go by the name Skywalker. They aren't.

This seems to be the aim of the PTB. To essentially kill of the Solo's and Skywalkers. And they've done it.

Rey will ALWAYS be a Palpatine by blood. That can never be changed.
    Presumably Kennedy, Iger, Terrio and the lot of them despise the characters. They could have done new material without killing off the legacy characters.
    I know a lot of people like this but I've lost my four decade old affection for the entire Skywalker saga now. I couldn't care less what Rey Palpwalker and her dull friends get up to. I just wish I hadn't spent the last five years defending Abrams and the others.

I guess I was a gullible idiot. I've learned my lesson.

But.they.won't. Will they?
    They will.

Because every single one of the legacy family, the heart and soul of the franchise, are gone for good.
    Funny thing, that, each trilogy has had characters from the previous ones pass away and has introduced new ones. It is the way of things.

It doesn't matter if Rey, Finn, Poe, and the entire Resistance go by the name Skywalker. They aren't.
    So?

This seems to be the aim of the PTB. To essentially kill of the Solo's and Skywalkers. And they've done it.
    Han largely died since Harrison Ford wanted to. Carrie Fisher's passing was beyond anyone's control.

Rey will ALWAYS be a Palpatine by blood. That can never be changed.
    Which, the movie showed, is irrelevant to the person she was and was going to be.

Presumably Kennedy, Iger, Terrio and the lot of them despise the characters. They could have done new material without killing off the legacy characters.
    That's a heckvua assumption with little to support it.

I know a lot of people like this but I've lost my four decade old affection for the entire Skywalker saga now. I couldn't care less what Rey Palpwalker and her dull friends get up to. I just wish I hadn't spent the last five years defending Abrams and the others.

I guess I was a gullible idiot. I've learned my lesson.
    Huh.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)