Default Nimrod (Earth-616) takes on a Mega Man gauntlet.

This is Nimrod, the most advanced Sentinel of his time (only Earth-616, as I don't know of any other versions, with the possible exception of the Ultimate Marvel universe). He wants to test his abilities against some of the most powerful robots in the Mega Man franchise in a Gauntlet match.

I) Duo

II) Sunstar

III) Composite Sigma

IV) Maverick Zero (straight out of his capsule)

V) Normal Zero (with all weapons and skills between X4-X8)

VI) Awakened Zero

VII) Omega Stage 2 (Golden Omega)

VIII) Omega Stage 3 (Fusion Omega)

IX) Omega Stage 4 (Omega Zero)

X) Sera (Mega Man Legends II)

(I am not messing with the Battle Network/Star Force timeline here because there is a LOT of s**t that could ruin Nimrod's day if they got their hands on him.)

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Duo has the appearance of a robot, but we're not really sure what he is beyond some kind of cosmic space cop and maybe sometimes an energy being. I believe MM8 is his only actual canon appearance. He's packing enough power to smack his adversary across an interstellar distance on the order of light years at a ludicrous velocity and his travel speed is FTL. As I recall, he no-sells everything Megaman throws at him, but that's practically a given, considering the impact of his own attack against the dark energy being at the start. I don't know anything about Nimrod, but if the other characters on this list are even remotely a challenge for him, then Duo's gonna be an absolute curbstomp. FWIW Duo has at least some self-transmutation ability as well, and some ability for exorcism.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 12-20-2019 at 07:15 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Isn't Nimrod strong enough to cause backhand Juggernaut into another state and KO him in the process, or am I somehow conflating his feats with the time that Onslaught did that to Juggernaut?

Edit: Okay, just googled it and it wasn't quite that bad, but Nimrod, in his first appearance, was pretty easily slapping Juggernaut around and ended up oneshotting him with a sonic attack that dropped multiple X-Men who just got caught in the backwash of the attack, them paralyzed him with a Synapse Dislocuter (I think he used that on Kitty later, keeping her from moving or using her powers). He also had force fields that can bounce off Kitty Pryde (and didn't seem bothered by her phasing into him in the first place, which is unusual for electronics when she is trying to mess them up). He also has psionic attacks of some sort and disintegration beams strong enough to almost instantly overwhelm Rachel Grey's shields, and his psionic inhibitor was keeping her from telepathically contacting people but didn't stop her from telekinetically dropping a bunch of steel beams on him, for what little good it did, though she didn't seem to be doing anything particularly Phoenix-worthy at the time, so I don't know if there might have been some sorry of in-story nerf going on. He was eventually chased away by Rogue absorbing Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, and Colossus (which was a cool look for her, BTW), teleporting one of his arms away (noting that it was only because of the stacked invulnerability of herself and Colossus that she was able to endure the strain that caused, and that Nightcrawler wouldn't have been able to do that by himself), them punching him in the opening that caused. And even then, it started regenerating even as it teleported itself away.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 12-21-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Sounds like Duo might be the only one who has an actual chance then. He has like four feats ever, so I might as well just go through them quickly.

In his first appearance, he and the dark energy being are fighting in space with a planet in the background, fairly clearly ripping across vast distances, using it for context, but nothing that would indicate reflex speed on par with how fast they're moving. Duo shrugs off some kind of energy blast from the DEB (who seems to be at least close to him in terms of power), then they charge into each other and there's an explosion like maybe around a fifth the size of the planet. Debbie gets KO'd and knocked away with Duo following (consciously). We see stars just a'blurring by and they eventually run into the Earth with Duo apparently getting KO'd in planetfall (which is weird, since the other thing didn't KO him but whatever, it's the plot). Watching the scenes, I was wrong about a couple things earlier that I'll note here: No possible energy-being thing - had recalled him just being made of fire at the start, but he's pretty clearly just got a flaming aura; also there's a bit with Dr. Light fixing him up, which does make him at least most likely a bot (though he says he was born instead of made, and there's a couple other things that make me think he may be more "machine life" than robot). He destroys some "evil energy" a few times by just like, crushing it in his hand, and pretty much exorcises Megaman when he's poisoned by the same stuff. He shows some limited-self transmutation and his body does still seem to at least partly change when he flames on. He casually obliterates a big Wilybot that was killing Megaman and no-sells Megaman's attacks, but by this point that's like talking about how the Silver Surfer holds up against Wolverine. For some reason, Dr. Wily is able to make a barrier that keeps Duo out of his tower so that it can still be a Megaman game and not a Duo-rips-a-Wilyfortress-in-half game. Presumably Wily figured out something from Debbie, I guess.

Anyway, I don't know how that stacks up with slapping Juggernaut around or the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Sounds like Duo might be the only one who has an actual chance then. He has like four feats ever, so I might as well just go through them quickly.

In his first appearance, he and the dark energy being are fighting in space with a planet in the background, fairly clearly ripping across vast distances, using it for context, but nothing that would indicate reflex speed on par with how fast they're moving. Duo shrugs off some kind of energy blast from the DEB (who seems to be at least close to him in terms of power), then they charge into each other and there's an explosion like maybe around a fifth the size of the planet. Debbie gets KO'd and knocked away with Duo following (consciously). We see stars just a'blurring by and they eventually run into the Earth with Duo apparently getting KO'd in planetfall (which is weird, since the other thing didn't KO him but whatever, it's the plot). Watching the scenes, I was wrong about a couple things earlier that I'll note here: No possible energy-being thing - had recalled him just being made of fire at the start, but he's pretty clearly just got a flaming aura; also there's a bit with Dr. Light fixing him up, which does make him at least most likely a bot (though he says he was born instead of made, and there's a couple other things that make me think he may be more "machine life" than robot). He destroys some "evil energy" a few times by just like, crushing it in his hand, and pretty much exorcises Megaman when he's poisoned by the same stuff. He shows some limited-self transmutation and his body does still seem to at least partly change when he flames on. He casually obliterates a big Wilybot that was killing Megaman and no-sells Megaman's attacks, but by this point that's like talking about how the Silver Surfer holds up against Wolverine. For some reason, Dr. Wily is able to make a barrier that keeps Duo out of his tower so that it can still be a Megaman game and not a Duo-rips-a-Wilyfortress-in-half game. Presumably Wily figured out something from Debbie, I guess.

Anyway, I don't know how that stacks up with slapping Juggernaut around or the other stuff.
    What about Sigma? Even if Sigma's body is destroyed, he can survive as pure viral energy (which explains how he survives after every game).

To be fair, Duo was intentionally jobbing to Mega Man during their fight, something Mega Man himself notes.

Having his body destroyed is effectively a KO for Sigma unless he can infect Nimrod, which I have no idea about. I will say that the Sigma/Zero virus is the apex achievement of a guy who only ever met one AI he couldn't corrupt.

To be fair, Duo was intentionally jobbing to Mega Man during their fight, something Mega Man himself notes.
    Well not jobbing so much as holding back; he didn't lose or anything, he just casually no-sold all Rock's attacks and batted him around a bit.