Default Link (Breath of the Wild) takes on a Predator.

This fight takes place in Hyrule Field, where Dark Beast Ganon was fought.

Both sides start 100 yards from each other.

The Predator has all standard gear.

Link has a fully upgraded Champion's Tunic, Sheikah Slate with all (canon) Runes, Savage Lynel Bow (5 shot spread) with 15 of each type of Arrow, Hylian Shield, and fully unlocked Master Sword.

Boring Pendaran answer: Self destruct mutual death nuke!!1!! :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Exciting Arbiter answer:

Hmm. If we ignore the nuke for a minute, this would be a bit more competitive.

Just a bit mind you. I think Link wins 10/10. Caster shots can't even get close to one shotting him and after the first blast, Link will have an idea of what hes up against. The Pred cloak is hardly perfect and Magnesis Rune could highlight the Predators body by outlining his metal armor and weapons. Any more Caster shots will be bounced back by a parried strike from his shield. Basically Link endures the initial encounter and then rallies to overwhelm his opponent. A volley of bomb arrows should finish the Pred off just fine.

Even if this SOMEHOW became a blade only battle between the two, Link holds every advantage. Way more durable, stronger etc.

But then again... nuke.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Exciting Arbiter answer:

Hmm. If we ignore the nuke for a minute, this would be a bit more competitive.

Just a bit mind you. I think Link wins 10/10. Caster shots can't even get close to one shotting him and after the first blast, Link will have an idea of what hes up against. The Pred cloak is hardly perfect and Magnesis Rune could highlight the Predators body by outlining his metal armor and weapons. Any more Caster shots will be bounced back by a parried strike from his shield. Basically Link endures the initial encounter and then rallies to overwhelm his opponent. A volley of bomb arrows should finish the Pred off just fine.

Even if this SOMEHOW became a blade only battle between the two, Link holds every advantage. Way more durable, stronger etc.

But then again... nuke.
    He can still teleport. I also think that the Champion's gift he gets from Daruk after beating Fireblight Ganon would protect him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    He can still teleport. I also think that the Champion's gift he gets from Daruk after beating Fireblight Ganon would protect him.
    No Limits Fallacy with Daruk's shield.

The nuke is waaaaay more potent then anything it shrugs off in game.

Although! Maybe Miphas resurrection ability would save Link? Then again, I dont think it's ever healed him from a vaporized state before. Hes generally pretty intact when it heals him.
    - big_adventure

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    No Limits Fallacy with Daruk's shield.

The nuke is waaaaay more potent then anything it shrugs off in game.

Although! Maybe Miphas resurrection ability would save Link? Then again, I dont think it's ever healed him from a vaporized state before. Hes generally pretty intact when it heals him.
    I think a combination of Daruk's Protection and Mipha's Grace might be enough for him to survive or be able to be resurrected from the nuke's blast, especially if he is not standing right next to the Predator when the nuke goes off, assuming one or the other isn't enough to save him already. Heck, if the Predator wants to use the nuke, he'd have to do it almost immediately since if Link uses an Ancient Arrow, it would disintegrate him or send him to another dimension and likely neutralize the nuke in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise E View Post
    I think a combination of Daruk's Protection and Mipha's Grace might be enough for him to survive or be able to be resurrected from the nuke's blast, especially if he is not standing right next to the Predator when the nuke goes off, assuming one or the other isn't enough to save him already. Heck, if the Predator wants to use the nuke, he'd have to do it almost immediately since if Link uses an Ancient Arrow, it would disintegrate him or send him to another dimension and likely neutralize the nuke in the process.
    I am sure that Link could use Stasis on the Predator (let alone its nuke wristwatch) and hightail it out of there LONG BEFORE the nuke detonates.