Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I just want them to stay as they are as shown in the image of Earth 1985.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Bring back the original LOSH, And saturn girl should have a long hair like Grant Morrison Action Comics instead of a Captain Marvel(Marvel) looking style
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Here's an idea: it will always be 1985, as a year-long version of "Ground Hog Day". No growing up or old, and the NTT will always be the sidekicks to the JL.
    Strongly disagree that assessment of the NTT. The original TT were the sidekicks to the JL (well, actually, Wally was an independent teen hero, not a sidekick and I'm not sure how to classify Donna) - they'd outgrown that by time the NTT came along. And those roles certainly weren't applicable to Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg. And they certainly did not fill a "sidekick" or "junior" niche during their most prominent era - 1980 to 1985. The non-Gar members were certainly grown ups by 1985, and Donna was married by then.

While I don't especially mind them staying static, I don't think there's that much longevity for it for the NTT in particular. Other titles, maybe. But the very fact that they had growth and progression was a really big selling point for the title, and I'm not sure if nostalgia will work as an attractive feature with that big element lacking. It could.

I thought Dick and Kory's break-up had been building up before for a while COIE (and it was the reconciliation that was clunky and poorly handled). But I did go in to the title with DickBabs glasses on, so there's that.

Although it's an alternate universe, I'm not sure the Terry/Donna relationship could go over successfully with fans, given events that happened after. A break up may be in the offing.

Not having Dayton go crazy a second time would be different, but I'm not sure if it times out.

I didn't read Doomsday Clock - where's the breakpoint exactly - just before COIE or during? Is Raven still missing? Does Kole exist?
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-21-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Here's an idea: it will always be 1985, as a year-long version of "Ground Hog Day". No growing up or old, and the NTT will always be the sidekicks to the JL.
    I can live with this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    JLA:
    An event occurs (something on the level of a Crisis but not as severe as THE Crisis) that brings the Satellite League back together.
    The Satellite is rebuilt and improved in some way.
    A satellite is also built over Earth-2, circa 1985, for the JSA that links the two teams (see below).
    Vibe and Gypsy leave the League, Vixen and Steel remain.
    Mister Miracle and Big Barda join.
    Eventually becomes 'Justice League International'.

JSA:
    Most of the JSA have retired and have been replaced by the full membership of Infinity, Inc.
    Pretty much the same team as 'Justice Society Infinity', but without the 'Infinity' word in their name.
    They would just be the 'Justice Society' when they start out. The same team that began in the '40s.
    However, once JLA becomes JLI, they do take the full name of 'Justice Society Infinity', so they're referred to as JSI.
    Annual JLI/JSI team-ups resume.

The Titans:
    Nightwing, Wonder Girl, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven, Changeling, Jericho.
    Nightwing, Cyborg, Starfire and Wonder Girl are offered membership in the new Satellite League but refuse to join, instead choosing to remain with their friends in The Titans. As a result, The Titans are added as an auxiliary team of the League.

The Outsiders:
    The team continues on without Batman.
    They also refuse to join the League and also refuse to be an auxiliary team of the League.
    Shortly after, the team is reportedly killed by Kobra.
    In truth, they fake their deaths so they can operate underground, becoming true outsiders.
    Nightshade and Nemesis join.

The Legion:
    Not messing with a good thing.
    In hindsight, though, I would let Supergirl be believed to be dead for a while.
    If only not to mess with the original stories.
    I would have her return a year after The Magic Wars to be the one to reunite the Legion.
    This way all of the '80s Levitz Legion gets to stay in continuity.
    And their inevitable return would be based on hope (as Supergirl would represent) instead of despair.
    I love all this.

On the GL side, I would add:

While John Stewart is serving as GL, Hal eventually separates Carol from Star Sapphire (at least for a spell). Guy is still brought in as a full time GL.

After Hal becomes GL again, he rejoins the League. John leaves Earth and assists Katma with patrolling sector 1417, eventually paving the way for a GLC series set in space.

Guy sticks around as a thorn in Hal's side on Earth. Guy goes on missions with the JL when Hal is unavailable (causing all sorts of fun drama).

BANNED

Legacy stuff can stay on Earth 0, which will become Earth 5 G later.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I missed that detail. Earth-1 becoming Earth-1984. Does that mean the original Earth-1, the Golden Age, no longer exist?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I missed that detail. Earth-1 becoming Earth-1984. Does that mean the original Earth-1, the Golden Age, no longer exist?
    Earth 2 is the golden age. That exists out there somewhere

Earth 1985 splits post crisis.

Earth 1 becomes post crisis but now known as Earth 0.

Then theres Earth 52.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Earth 2 is the golden age. That exists out there somewhere

Earth 1985 splits post crisis.

Earth 1 becomes post crisis but now known as Earth 0.

Then theres Earth 52.
    Wait I need to write this down myself to help arrange my thoughts.

In the beginning, there was only one Earth, designated Earth-1, The Golden Age
    Then there was Speed Force, and Earth-2 was created to preserve the Golden Age, while Earth-1 move to the Silver Age
    And then there was Crisis, so Earth-1985 was created to preserve Earth-1 and The Silver Age, as the main Earth becomes Earth-0 and move to Post Crisis, which after Flashpoint, becomes the New 52
    Finally, Earth-52 was created to preserve the New 52, and Earth-0 becomes a place for Rebirth

That about right?

So right now there's Earth-2 (Golden Age), Earth-1985 (Pre-Crisis), Earth-52 (New 52) and Earth-0 (Present Day) out there as far as we know. The Earth that preserves Post Crisis and Silver Age, if they exist, are not named?

Edit: The panel mention that the Metaverse preserves every incarnation of Superman, so a Post Crisis Earth has to exist to preserve Byrne's Superman
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 12-21-2019 at 01:56 PM.

BANNED

The first Earth had no name. The Metaverse then moves to Earth 1 when it's created, then while Earth 2 shunts off. Then Crisis shunts Earth 1 history to Earth 1985.

Earth 0 is the Earth with 5G, it's just not soldified in the main books yet time wise. But then Earth 5G is created in 2026 shunting off our new post Doomsday Clock history of Earth 0 to Earth 5G. While DC reboots itself again in 2026 with a new Clark but older Batman who has a family.

They seem to avoid Zero Hour, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I’d like for DC to treat it as a stand-alone entity. It can crossover with the other Pre-Crisis Earths, but no need to crossover with the modern DCU or Kingdom Come, Gotham By Gaslight etc.

I’d like them to treat the characters with dignity. No casually killing them off or turning heroes evil. The stories should have the same tone as the Pre-Crisis DC Universe, but written for a contemporary audience.

No repeating post-Crisis stories. Jason Todd doesn’t become a dick, doesn’t get murdered. No Doomsday or Bane or Tim Drake. No paranoid antisocial unstoppable Batman. Brand new stories that take advantage of the elements unique to the Pre-Crisis DCU and builds upon them.
    This is so critical for this earth, honestly. I’m gonna be disappointed if it’s anything else.

Earth 1985 is cool and all, but what I'd really like to see is an Earth 1991, a post-crisis world that branches off right before Waverider started screwing around with the timeline in Armageddon 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Wait I need to write this down myself to help arrange my thoughts.

In the beginning, there was only one Earth, designated Earth-1, The Golden Age
    Then there was Speed Force, and Earth-2 was created to preserve the Golden Age, while Earth-1 move to the Silver Age
    And then there was Crisis, so Earth-1985 was created to preserve Earth-1 and The Silver Age, as the main Earth becomes Earth-0 and move to Post Crisis, which after Flashpoint, becomes the New 52
    Finally, Earth-52 was created to preserve the New 52, and Earth-0 becomes a place for Rebirth

That about right?

So right now there's Earth-2 (Golden Age), Earth-1985 (Pre-Crisis), Earth-52 (New 52) and Earth-0 (Present Day) out there as far as we know. The Earth that preserves Post Crisis and Silver Age, if they exist, are not named?

Edit: The panel mention that the Metaverse preserves every incarnation of Superman, so a Post Crisis Earth has to exist to preserve Byrne's Superman
    The post-Crisis either it's the same than New 52 or exists but isn't mentoned. The Silver Age one is Earth-1985, because there wasn't an event that created or shifted reality that much in that pedior outside Flash of the Two Worlds, which is the one that turned the original Earth-1 in a splitted Earth-2 from that point on.

I think.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-21-2019 at 04:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Just give me an anthology series named 1985 -- where we can see a continuation of pre-Crisis heroes --- Superman, Batman, Flash, Supergirl, Titans, Legion, Warlord, Outsiders, 70s Doom Patrol.