Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's interesting only because I felt that one of the flaws was that the movie was trying to not stand still for an instant. It was action, action, action. Granted, that's a Star Wars movie. But it seemed designed to keep the attention of a child.
    To be fair, she not heavily invested in Star Wars. She likes the Mandalorian (guess why), and "the part in number four when the thing tries to smash them in the monster pool." <- Exact Quote.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

BANNED

I think there are people for whom a woman accomplishing anything or taking any kind of lead is a problem and translates into a slam against men.
    That's not entirely true. Girls were capable and wise in TLJ where boys were dumb ass, incapable and needed the guadiance of the girls. Even smart girl wievers were like what the hell ?!'??! lol ROS was fine, only thing bothered me with the too much girl power was leia beating luke in the training. All the power to the girls but Luke supposed to be the most powerful jedi ever.
    Last edited by Gurz; 01-03-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    That's not entirely true. Girls were capable and wise in TLJ where boys were dumb ass, incapable and needed the guadiance of the girls. Even smart girl wievers were like what the hell ?!'??! lol ROS was fine, only thing bothered me with the too much girl power was leia beating luke in the training. All the power to the girls but Luke supposed to be the most powerful jedi ever.
    No he isn't. He's just, at the time of the original films, the only one left. Him being "the most powerful ever" has never been a thing. The only Jedi they commented on "power levels" was Anakin, and even that was just an astonishment at his midichlorian count.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KOSLOX View Post
    No he isn't. He's just, at the time of the original films, the only one left. Him being "the most powerful ever" has never been a thing. The only Jedi they commented on "power levels" was Anakin, and even that was just an astonishment at his midichlorian count.
    As far as i know, lucas said that luke was the most powerful. Luke also beats Anakin.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Star Wars having a feminist agenda is just a nothingburger based on the fact that it has a female lead. Had ANH been around today, do you think Leia taking charge of her own rescue would be a fan-favorite bit, or be blasted in some corners of the internet as shoving feminism into a movie and tearing down men to prop up a woman?
    Can't imagine people being more progressive in 1977 than in 2020. One step forward, five steps back?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

As far as i know, lucas said that luke was the most powerful. Luke also beats Anakin.
    By tapping in to his hatred, and then promptly gets womped by Palpatine.

Prior to that he loses a hand and has to jump out of an escape hatch in Cloud City.
    Pull List:

BANNED

By tapping in to his hatred, and then promptly gets womped by Palpatine.

Prior to that he loses a hand and has to jump out of an escape hatch in Cloud City.
    From my point of wiew Luke tapped in to his love for his sister.

To be fair, she not heavily invested in Star Wars. She likes the Mandalorian (guess why), and "the part in number four when the thing tries to smash them in the monster pool." <- Exact Quote.
    Aw, you have a wise daughter.
    The Mandalorian is an awesome show and at her age she sees this and it holds her attention.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Can't imagine people being more progressive in 1977 than in 2020. One step forward, five steps back?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Seeing how in my nation, we appointed a thug and a criminal as chief of state a few years ago and now half the government is betraying their oaths of office and the people they swore to serve in order to enable him and protect him from the consequences of said crimes, very little of the failings of modern society surprise me anymore.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I took Leia beating Luke in the training as she finally beat him in a fight and hence was ready to be a Jedi. I didn't take it that she would beat him every time if they kept dueling over and over but that it would be fairly equal if they did. I also think that was Abrams' way of explaining what Leia did in TLJ by showing that she was a fully trained Jedi.

I've only seen it once so far and I found it very difficult at times to understand exactly what the Emperor said, possibly due to the acoustics and partly my hearing. But did he say that the Force was exerting itself as it had not done for ages and so people were exhibiting powers the likes of which had not been seen in living memory or some such remark? If so, I suspect that was done to explain the sheer kinds of powers that were showing up in TLJ including space travel via Force, astral projecting across the galaxy, teleporting objects and children with no training using the Force on a level that even "Born of a virgin" Anakin could not have done at that age.

But I do take your point. TLJ pushed it to extremes that were laughable when it came to "Girls always right; boys always wrong". But I can't take the whole thing seriously because that was a minor problem with the movie compared to the real problems. ROS adjusted it to, "Girls sometimes right and sometimes wrong; boys sometimes right and sometimes wrong".
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    Aw, you have a wise daughter.
    The Mandalorian is an awesome show and at her age she sees this and it holds her attention.
    Its good he has a wise daughter of 6 years old. I have said it many many times that one of the biggest flaws Disney has made with their current live action films, star wars for example is to underestimate the minds of kids.

Some folks want to still hate Lucas for the prequels, fine. but I will take the second act of episode 1 and the slave issue that was going on in Tatooine to the entire Disney ST trilogy.

Who says kids can't understand tax and slavery..

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I've only seen it once so far and I found it very difficult at times to understand exactly what the Emperor said, possibly due to the acoustics and partly my hearing. But did he say that the Force was exerting itself as it had not done for ages and so people were exhibiting powers the likes of which had not been seen in living memory or some such remark? If so, I suspect that was done to explain the sheer kinds of powers that were showing up in TLJ including space travel via Force, astral projecting across the galaxy, teleporting objects and children with no training using the Force on a level that even "Born of a virgin" Anakin could not have done at that age.
    Specifically, Palpatine said that Rey and Ben were a "Force dyad," a phenomenon which he implied hadn't been seen for ages. It seems to mean that they have a special connection that amplifies their Force sensitivity and abilities when in proximity to one another. This explains why Rey picked up on her Force abilities so quickly after she first encountered Kylo Ren in TFA, and why Palpatine was able to revitalize himself by siphoning their energy, but not until they were working together against him.

The astral projection ability appears to be unique to the dyad phenomenon, but I don't know if they were more powerful than Anakin at peak levels in terms of their other powers.

Funny thing about Leia's space flight-that was the original idea behind Vader (and possibly the Stormtrooper) armor. Basically the way the capture of the ship in the beginning of Star Wars was originally storyboarded was for Vader and co. to board the ship via a space walk of some kind. So Mcquarrie and the others designed them with sealed armor, and the concept kind of stuck although the original purpose was pretty much lost, although the end of Rogue One could've had Vader open to space I suppose unless the hanger had those hanger shields we see where there's a "window" to space but obviously everything isn't open to vacuum. (Vader's cape is flowing pretty strongly in that scene though. Space winds?).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth