Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    And in general they've been original screenplays and characters rather than adaptations. One major exception was Constantine (which I actually saw and liked FWIW), a movie which might have made him chary about comics since many people pointed out that Keanu Reeves was nothing like the Constantine of the books (who is a very British character) and it got a lot of criticism and snark for that.
    Constantine was a decent enough film. But fans wanted it to be faithful to the comics and got something different. They got their wish with Matt Ryan, but even his tv series was lacking a bit. But both were enjoyable to varying degrees.

Marvel wants Keanu. They've been trying to get him for years and have offered him various roles (allegedly). I wouldn't say they were desperate. They are just very enthusiastic. I have no doubt they'll get him for something. I love Moon Knight to death, but the character just isn't big enough.

Another actor they really, really want is Joaquin Phoenix. Which is going to be impossible since he isn't "A franchise guy" (Ryan Gosling is the same). If it was a one off role? Possibly. But a role requiring multiple films and/or tv series? Unlikely. Which is why I am curious to see how they'll get him to do Joker 2.

Interesting times.

Astonishing Member

Ever since I heard Shia's name as a possible candidate, it's been hard for me to see someone else in the role. He doesn't tick all the right boxes but I'd love to see this happen with him, or else get Keanu.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Reeves likewise has a distinct face and features whereas most of Moon Knight's time will be behind a mask during action scenes and so on.
    Action scenes yes. But not dramatic scenes, and scripts will be written to ensure all dramatic scenes are performed mask-less, even those in the middle of a fight. See Black Panther.

Radcliffe is a really strong actor, so I don't necessarily have a problem with the casting for that reason. He doesn't look like what I imagine Moon Knight to look like and he doesn't have the height either, but that stuff doesn't bother me too much. Marvel has really nailed casting over the last 10 years and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    There are mutiple rumors on Moonknight. I've seen Shia Lebauf and Stephen Amells names tossed around. Honestly I'd love it Keanus Reevs secret role is Marc
    Keanu is way too OLD.

Even though he doesn't seem to age like a normal human he is 55 years old. Meaning by the time the movie actually got to filming he'd be 56 or 57. And he'd be 60 by the time any sequel might start.

Keanu is a national treasure but any casting needs to be realistic about his age in both this movie and a future movie.

Funny thing is, if you look at the Bill & Ted 3 filming, Keanu actually looks a bit older WITHOUT the beard!
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
    Keanu is way too OLD.

Even though he doesn't seem to age like a normal human he is 55 years old. Meaning by the time the movie actually got to filming he'd be 56 or 57. And he'd be 60 by the time any sequel might start.

Keanu is a national treasure but any casting needs to be realistic about his age in both this movie and a future movie.
    Its a tv series �� so any actor picked has to be committed for the long haul. That includes multiple seasons and/or film appearances. Marvel is going to have both film and tv linked more closely moving forward.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Nobody thought of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark before Iron Man. Heck, both Donner and the Salkinds originally passed over Reeves for Superman deeming him "Too young and skinny."

Sometimes risks pay off. So I agree with you there. Marvel have a decent enough track record.
    I have seen people mention that Robert Downey Jr would be a good Tony Stark long before he was cast as Iron Man.
    They thought it would be a good role for him because he could relate to the character because of his addiction issues.
    Robert Downey Jr. actually played a drug addict named Julian in Less Than Zero back in 1987.
    James Spader played the drug dealer/lone shark in the movie.
    I saw the movie in the theater when I was 16.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Ultimate Member

I dont know.

Daniel Radcliffe as Moon Knight sounds horrible.

Honestly, beyond Harry Potter I haven't seen him in any role that appeal to me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A case of bad casting? Who can say. Let’s not forget how fanboys screamed bloody murder thirty years ago when Michael Keaton, a comedian was cast as Batman, and that turned out fairly well. Given Marvel’s track record of mainly success, if they think Radcliffe could pull off being Moon Knight, then who are we to disagree?

Michael Keaton wasn't just a comedian before he was Batman.
    He starred in the 1988 motion picture drama, Clean and Sober.
    His character was a substance abuser.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Ryan Gossling would be rad, but I'm not sure Marvel Studios can actually make something weird and interesting enough for him. Moon Knight is the perfect choice to go real weird and interesting with, but alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    There isnt a single thing about Radcliffe that's intimidating.

Amazing Member

Just going to throw this here, from some of his work in the past few years Horns for dark and emotional, or even the tv series Miracle Workers for the nebish scattered nervous energy that might lend itself to a conflicted Marc. I think he could be a good fit.

f8405680a5f6d1eda84a557e74dc499c.jpg

I really have only seen him as Harry Potter though I've seen more recent photos of him. Physically, he isn't Moonknight but that's what everybody said about Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. In his case, it was said he was too tall and too good-looking.

Really, Moonknight is an extremely obscure character and whoever plays him for the first time in live action will become what people picture as MoonKnight. So if he can play the character, it could work.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    Michael Keaton wasn't just a comedian before he was Batman.
    He starred in the 1988 motion picture drama, Clean and Sober.
    His character was a substance abuser.
    Clean and Sober is a great flick. Then he followed Batman up with Pacific Heights.