Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Daniel Radcliffe being considered for Moon Knight

Various news sites are running a rumour that Daniel Radcliffe is being considered by Marvel Studios to play Marc Spector in Moon Knight.

https://www.cbr.com/rumor-moon-knigh...iel-radcliffe/

Thoughts? He isn't someone I would ever have thought to play Marc. That's despite doing interesting projects over the years which show he has range as an actor. Could be interesting if he secured the role. Need to think on it a bit.

To state the obvious:

Isn't he a little short to be Moon Knight? I mean, he's 5'5", Marc is 6'2".

I hope this isn't happening, not anything against Daniel, he's just not a good fit visually and that's important.

He doesn't have the right voice for the character, I want an actor with a voice suitable for the character.
    What do I think is a suitable voice for the character...? Think of something like the voice of Paul Mercier (Leon Kennedy in Resident Evil 4, and Degeneration).
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    To state the obvious:

Isn't he a little short to be Moon Knight? I mean, he's 5'5", Marc is 6'2".

I hope this isn't happening, not anything against Daniel, he's just not a good fit visually and that's important.
    I think they are considering him due to the fact he has Jewish heritage. I wouldn't be surprised if all potential candidates are from Jewish backgrounds. So it seems Marvel recognizes that Marc's background is an important part of his history. Moreso if they do flashbacks to his childhood etc.

Which begs the question: what other actors out there with Jewish backgrounds are a fit for the role? I know Joel Kinnaman does. Gabriel Macht is another (although that may be on the nose since he played Harvey Specter on Suits.)

Other actors with Jewish backgrounds that I know of include: James and Dave Franco, Shia Labeouf, Andrew Garfield, Eric Dane. Then you have guys like Efron (who has been linked to Marvel in the past), Ed Skrein, Ansel Elgort, Alden Ehrenreich (heh), Gordon-Levitt and Ben Feldman.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

There are mutiple rumors on Moonknight. I've seen Shia Lebauf and Stephen Amells names tossed around. Honestly I'd love it Keanus Reevs secret role is Marc

BANNED

Keanu Reeves is too big an actor to play a character as minor as Moon Knight. Reeves has said he'd be interested in playing Wolverine so he'd want the heavy hitters rather than a minor eccentric street-level character.

Reeves likewise has a distinct face and features whereas most of Moon Knight's time will be behind a mask during action scenes and so on.

Daniel Radcliffe would fit for Marc Spector I think.

He's not really been a lead movie star since the HP movies ended and has become a character actor, but Moon Knight is the kind of character where he would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Keanu Reeves is too big an actor to play a character as minor as Moon Knight. Reeves has said he'd be interested in playing Wolverine so he'd want the heavy hitters rather than a minor eccentric street-level character.

Reeves likewise has a distinct face and features whereas most of Moon Knight's time will be behind a mask during action scenes and so on.

He's not really been a lead movie star since the HP movies ended and has become a character actor, but Moon Knight is the kind of character where he would make sense.
    There isnt a single thing about Radcliffe that's intimidating. Trying to picture him as Moonknight isnt working for me at all. Reeves doesn't seem like someone who thinks roles are beneath him. If he find the characters interesting I dont see why he wouldnt do it. Reeves is too old for Wolverine. But Shia Lebouf is more believable as a bad ass then Radcliffe. But who knows, it is acting maybe Daniel could surpise some people

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I think they are considering him due to the fact he has Jewish heritage. I wouldn't be surprised if all potential candidates are from Jewish backgrounds. So it seems Marvel recognizes that Marc's background is an important part of his history. Moreso if they do flashbacks to his childhood etc.

Which begs the question: what other actors out there with Jewish backgrounds are a fit for the role? I know Joel Kinnaman does. Gabriel Macht is another (although that may be on the nose since he played Harvey Specter on Suits.)

Other actors with Jewish backgrounds that I know of include: James and Dave Franco, Shia Labeouf, Andrew Garfield, Eric Dane. Then you have guys like Efron (who has been linked to Marvel in the past), Ed Skrein, Ansel Elgort, Alden Ehrenreich (heh), Gordon-Levitt and Ben Feldman.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

If you're talking actors with Jewish backgrounds, Jake Gyllenhaal is another, but is he too old at 39?

Armie Hammer would be another, and at 33 years old, might be a better fit for a long-term role. I wanted him for Batman over Pattinson, so he might be a good Marvel-Batman.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 12-21-2019 at 06:49 PM.

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset..._630_noupscale

I don't know guys I think that Radcliffe definitely has the right energy to play a character like Moon Knight

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    If you're talking actors with Jewish backgrounds, Jake Gyllenhaal is another, but is he too old at 39?

Armie Hammer would be another, and at 33 years old, might be a better fit for a long-term role. I wanted him for Batman over Pattinson, so he might be a good Marvel-Batman.
    Gyllenhaal is out of the running since he played Mysterio already for the MCU (although he would have been a fantastic pick for Marc).

I, too, thought about Armie. He wouldn't be bad, either. The guy has been rumoured to be up for a number of comic book roles (Batman is the biggest one). One of them has to land eventually.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Reeves chooses projects that interest him as an actor. If there is something in the role that he is attracted to, and feels he can do something with, he will likely do it. He also is an actor who doesn't worry about money. He has gone on record numerous times to say that he has more than enough money. He just acts because he enjoys it. Which is a great attitude to have. Plus he isn't adverse against franchises.

The only thing with Reeves is whether he would be willing to commit to a series. Especially if Moon Knight is successful enough to have multiple seasons.

As for Radcliffe? If Marvel thinks he can bring something to the role, they will hire him. They've proven themselves with casting (some exceptions aside). He can always bulk up as well. We shall see.

If you had told me 11 years ago that Pattinson would be Batman and Radcliffe (potentially) Moon Knight, I'd have pissed myself with laughter.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A case of bad casting? Who can say. Let’s not forget how fanboys screamed bloody murder thirty years ago when Michael Keaton, a comedian was cast as Batman, and that turned out fairly well. Given Marvel’s track record of mainly success, if they think Radcliffe could pull off being Moon Knight, then who are we to disagree?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I guess I'd be willing to give him a shot even if, on-paper, I have a hard time seeing him as Moon Knight.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Reeves chooses projects that interest him as an actor.
    And in general they've been original screenplays and characters rather than adaptations. One major exception was Constantine (which I actually saw and liked FWIW), a movie which might have made him chary about comics since many people pointed out that Keanu Reeves was nothing like the Constantine of the books (who is a very British character) and it got a lot of criticism and snark for that.

If there is something in the role that he is attracted to, and feels he can do something with, he will likely do it.
    I don't doubt that very much. But people have to understand that for any big name actor, superhero movies are largely piggy banks for a rainy day. They may say otherwise in promotion but that's true. If Keanu is playing Moon Knight, he's gonna want to fight Thanos or whoever the next villain is.

Reeves is one of the few actors still left who can sell a movie with his presence alone. If Disney can interest him, they shouldn't waste him.

He also is an actor who doesn't worry about money. He has gone on record numerous times to say that he has more than enough money. He just acts because he enjoys it.
    Which leads him to back directors like the stunt guys who were nobodies starting to direct in John Wick. And those movies have made Keanu Reeves big again.

If Disney-Marvel are coming to Keanu, Reeves will look at that differently since these aren't up-and-comers who need a leg up.

In general when you have big movie stars like Keanu Reeves or Leonardo DiCaprio or Will Smith or Tom Cruise, having them play superheroes is redundant and dicey, because you are directly competing with the other roles and characters they play. These are also actors with recognizable faces and any role you cast them will need them to spend time behind masks, costumes, CGI and so on.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A case of bad casting? Who can say. Let’s not forget how fanboys screamed bloody murder thirty years ago when Michael Keaton, a comedian was cast as Batman, and that turned out fairly well. Given Marvel’s track record of mainly success, if they think Radcliffe could pull off being Moon Knight, then who are we to disagree?
    Nobody thought of Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark before Iron Man. Heck, both Donner and the Salkinds originally passed over Reeves for Superman deeming him "Too young and skinny."

Sometimes risks pay off. So I agree with you there. Marvel have a decent enough track record.