Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Incredible Member cgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Great White North
    Posts
    596

    Default

    I'm not sure if I'd start with this, but I'd love to see a JSA movie set in the 1940s with a strong Darwin Cooke feel to it. We saw hints of how cool this would be with WW and starting things off this way would give the DCEU that sense of deep history that I think is missing in both current cinematic universes. WW would provide the continuity between this group and modern times. There would be no Superman in this JSA.

  2. #17
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,884

    Default

    I kinda like the current direction things are heading in - with Birds of Prey, WW '84, The Batman, Black Adam, Aquaman 2 etc.

    So I'd let that play out but after that, my first order of business would be a Flashpoint movie.

    I'd start the movie with Ezra Miller's Barry Allen well-established as a veteran superhero - wearing a suit that looks more like the comic-book version. He's in a steady relationship with Iris at the start of the movie, who knows his secret. His dad is still in prison. He's well-loved as the hero of Central City, and fights some of the Rogues at the beginning (led by Captain Cold), but then finds himself plagued by a mysterious new villain - the Reverse-Flash, who knows his true identity and keeps taunting him. The encounter with the Reverse-Flash triggers Barry's repressed memories about the night his mom was murdered, and he believes that the Reverse-Flash might have been present there that night. Believing that this is the key to finding out what happened and possibly proving his dad's innocence, he decides to travel back in time...

    Cut to a powerless, single Barry waking up in the Flashpoint timeline, where his mom is still alive and his dad is free. Aquaman and Wonder Woman (played by Momoa and Gadot respectively) are at war. Cyborg (Ray Fisher of course) is the world's primary superhero. The world hasn't heard of Superman. And Batman is a murderous Thomas Wayne (played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

    From there the film plays out pretty faithfully to the beats of the original story. Barry teams up with Thomas, recreates the accident that gave him his powers - they team up with Cyborg and Shazam to stop the war, discover a new version of Kal-El at a government research facility etc. In this version, a scientist named "Professor Thawne" ties into the plot (maybe as someone developing a weapon to stop the Amazon-Atlantis war) and Barry soon discovers that he is in fact the Reverse-Flash. The Reverse-Flash in this version is a Gog-like figure who travels the Multiverse defeating/killing Flashes. He manipulated the timeline of this earth's Barry by killing his mom to maximize his misery and weaken him before striking the killing blow - since merely beating the Flash at a game of speed had grown boring for him. However, the kicker is when Thawne reveals what really caused Flashpoint - Barry went back in time and stopped him from killing Nora Allen, in the process triggering a 'time boom' that shattered reality.

    Barry goes back in time, stops himself from stopping Thawne and mostly restores reality. In the new timeline however, Batman is Robert Pattison's version (rather than Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman has been renowned as a superhero for decades, along with the JSA etc. Barry gives Bruce the letter from Flashpoint Thomas, then proposes to Iris at the end of the film.

    My next film would be a new Justice League film based on Grant Morrison's "New World Order" story arc.

    In the new timeline, the Justice League wasn't really a thing. They fought Steppenwolf a few years ago, then disbanded. However, J'onn J'onzz arrives on earth and warns them of an impending invasion by White Martians, who have secretely been infiltrating earth for decades, have planted themselves in positions of power, and turn the world against superheroes. Amidst this, a new League is formed - with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, J'onn and Hawkgirl (who will be introduced in the Black Adam movie). Shazam and Cyborg may also play major roles, and potentially a Green Lantern as well (personally I'd prefer John Stewart).

  3. #18
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    In the new timeline however, Batman is Robert Pattison's version (rather than Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman has been renowned as a superhero for decades, along with the JSA etc. Barry gives Bruce the letter from Flashpoint Thomas, then proposes to Iris at the end of the film.
    The one thing I always had an issue with for this fix is Bruce Wayne still being Bruce but he just looks different. It's not really the type of thing that happens when the timeline changes. Bruce Wayne is exactly the same only he has a different face...it's too blunt IMO. Not to hate on your idea. Flashpoint is something I'd want to see with a more established JL in place. Elseworlds have to be earned IMO.

  4. #19
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,582

    Default

    Honestly I'd like to try to fix problem without completely erasing what is already made and what people like such as Aquaman, Shazam, and Wonder Woman. To that end I would do one very clear distinction in productions and establish just like the old comics there is an Earth 2. Have the Flash movie be the Flash of Two Worlds and if they want to keep the old film universe establish it as its own universe while establishing a new film universe. That way when you have Robert Pattison's version of batman you can just say he is the new universes version of Batman who can go on to join his universes version of the justice league or maybe even the Justice Society if they wanna go that route. This way if you want a new Justice League or any other team made up of different characters you can just clearly label it in that universe while also continuing any of the films that we currently have that people like as the original universe.

    That way we can have a Wonder Woman 3, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2, and etc in the original universe without completely destroying what people like while establishing that in the new universe things are different but allow for growth in a way that make sense for that world. Occasionally we can allow for crossovers such as the old silver age comics.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  5. #20
    Astonishing Member Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I kinda like the current direction things are heading in - with Birds of Prey, WW '84, The Batman, Black Adam, Aquaman 2 etc.

    So I'd let that play out but after that, my first order of business would be a Flashpoint movie.

    I'd start the movie with Ezra Miller's Barry Allen well-established as a veteran superhero - wearing a suit that looks more like the comic-book version. He's in a steady relationship with Iris at the start of the movie, who knows his secret. His dad is still in prison. He's well-loved as the hero of Central City, and fights some of the Rogues at the beginning (led by Captain Cold), but then finds himself plagued by a mysterious new villain - the Reverse-Flash, who knows his true identity and keeps taunting him. The encounter with the Reverse-Flash triggers Barry's repressed memories about the night his mom was murdered, and he believes that the Reverse-Flash might have been present there that night. Believing that this is the key to finding out what happened and possibly proving his dad's innocence, he decides to travel back in time...

    Cut to a powerless, single Barry waking up in the Flashpoint timeline, where his mom is still alive and his dad is free. Aquaman and Wonder Woman (played by Momoa and Gadot respectively) are at war. Cyborg (Ray Fisher of course) is the world's primary superhero. The world hasn't heard of Superman. And Batman is a murderous Thomas Wayne (played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan).

    From there the film plays out pretty faithfully to the beats of the original story. Barry teams up with Thomas, recreates the accident that gave him his powers - they team up with Cyborg and Shazam to stop the war, discover a new version of Kal-El at a government research facility etc. In this version, a scientist named "Professor Thawne" ties into the plot (maybe as someone developing a weapon to stop the Amazon-Atlantis war) and Barry soon discovers that he is in fact the Reverse-Flash. The Reverse-Flash in this version is a Gog-like figure who travels the Multiverse defeating/killing Flashes. He manipulated the timeline of this earth's Barry by killing his mom to maximize his misery and weaken him before striking the killing blow - since merely beating the Flash at a game of speed had grown boring for him. However, the kicker is when Thawne reveals what really caused Flashpoint - Barry went back in time and stopped him from killing Nora Allen, in the process triggering a 'time boom' that shattered reality.

    Barry goes back in time, stops himself from stopping Thawne and mostly restores reality. In the new timeline however, Batman is Robert Pattison's version (rather than Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman has been renowned as a superhero for decades, along with the JSA etc. Barry gives Bruce the letter from Flashpoint Thomas, then proposes to Iris at the end of the film.

    My next film would be a new Justice League film based on Grant Morrison's "New World Order" story arc.

    In the new timeline, the Justice League wasn't really a thing. They fought Steppenwolf a few years ago, then disbanded. However, J'onn J'onzz arrives on earth and warns them of an impending invasion by White Martians, who have secretely been infiltrating earth for decades, have planted themselves in positions of power, and turn the world against superheroes. Amidst this, a new League is formed - with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, J'onn and Hawkgirl (who will be introduced in the Black Adam movie). Shazam and Cyborg may also play major roles, and potentially a Green Lantern as well (personally I'd prefer John Stewart).
    I never thought I'd say this, but you sold on me on the idea of a Flashpoint movie!

  6. #21
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    727

    Default

    I would start with something very grounded and expand the universe from that perspective.
    Something like The Commissioner; I would give him films similar to “Gotham” and world build from there.

  7. #22
    Incredible Member Ulysses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Drop the “universe” part. Just make cool movies.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

  8. #23
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    The one thing I always had an issue with for this fix is Bruce Wayne still being Bruce but he just looks different. It's not really the type of thing that happens when the timeline changes. Bruce Wayne is exactly the same only he has a different face...it's too blunt IMO. Not to hate on your idea. Flashpoint is something I'd want to see with a more established JL in place. Elseworlds have to be earned IMO.
    Don't see the big deal about emphasizing this aspect.

    I remember a character from MIB3, where he was so caught up in the minutia of the timeline, that he could tell a variety of outcomes that could occur from a single event. In one case, a man has sex with his wife one minute later than he normally would have. Later, a girl is born instead of a boy, like in the original timeline. Same with the FLASHPOINT stuff. A slight bump within the timeline caused the birth of a different "Bruce Wayne", who is genetically the same as the previous Bruce Wayne, but with a different face. No biggie.

  9. #24
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Don't see the big deal about emphasizing this aspect.

    I remember a character from MIB3, where he was so caught up in the minutia of the timeline, that he could tell a variety of outcomes that could occur from a single event. In one case, a man has sex with his wife one minute later than he normally would have. Later, a girl is born instead of a boy, like in the original timeline. Same with the FLASHPOINT stuff. A slight bump within the timeline caused the birth of a different "Bruce Wayne", who is genetically the same as the previous Bruce Wayne, but with a different face. No biggie.
    It makes sense on paper, I just worry about the execution falling flat and being too on the nose for something that can otherwise just be ignored.

  10. #25
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    202

    Default

    I'd keep the WW, Aquaman, and Shazam movies in loose official continuity, but back out MoS, BvS, and League; pretend they never existed. I'd kill off once and for all anything Flash with Miller. I'd pretend the whole Cyborg thing didn't exist. Then I'd boot up a JSA movie, a TT movie, and a LOSH movie, with maybe a LEGION/REBELS movie, and I'd go with a JL Dark movie, though I'd probably lose the League branding as it now has connotations with a very bad movie with the general public, well the five of them that got dragged along to see it.

    These movies may have loose nods to a greater continuity, but no firm bits. Maybe some other single character movies, but not Flash, GL, or yes, no Cyborg solo movie either, and no Supergirl; she's already had a TV series. Instead, I'd focus on smaller movies with less well known characters....maybe a Blue and Gold movie for example. I'd cast them better, and insist on better screenplays. I'd also hire directors more along the Gunn side of things, (but I'd junk Suicide Squad and anything Harley). Joker was fine but should be a one-off, it doesn't need a follow-up. Maybe a Constantine reboot movie with Matt Ryan.

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Here we go.

    I would keep as much as I could and just course correct. Use the upcoming The Batman trilogy as a prequel of sorts. Keep everything else going (WW84, Shazam 2, Aquaman 2, etc).

    From there, we start soft reboots. With the movies above, we have covered into 2023. I will refrain from using Batman until around 2026 due to the trilogy aspect.

    March 2023: Justice League Dark. Constantine, Detective Chimp, Blue Devil and Zatanna must stop the goddess Hecate from changing the rules of magic. Final battle cameos Wonder Woman with post credit scene introducing Circe.

    June 2023: Superman: Last Son. Knock down action packed movie where Supes (preferably Cavill) takes on Brainiac and rebuilds Clark’s ties with the Daily Planet. Lois and Clark are married.

    (Second Batman movie also comes out this year)

    February 2024: Green Lantern Corps. An older Hal, not played by Ryan Reynolds, who has “semi ties” to the 2011 GL movie (think how they have done the Hulk in the MCU) trains John Stewart and has to deal with Sinestro.

    June 2024: Wonder Woman: Present Tense. Diana enlists the help of a young Donna Troy and Zatanna to take down Circe. Lex appears at the end with Black Manta, Deathstroke, and Brainiac to enlist Circe in a new group.

    October 2024: Supergirl. In the aftermath of Last Son, Supergirl (who appeared in Last Son) goes solo against Metallo.

    March 2025: Flash 2. Barry, with the help of Wally, takes on the rogues.

    June 2025: third Batman movie.

    November 2025: Aquaman 3. Aquaman and Mera must deal with an invasion of the Trench.

    March 2026: Nightwing. Dick Grayson leaves the cave and goes out on his own as he must take on The Court of Owls.

    June 2026: Justice League: Injustice. Supes, Bats, Flash, John Stewart, Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam take on Lex, Capt Cold, Deathstroke, Circe, Sinestro, Black Manta, and Brainiac with the help of Martian Manhunter and Black Canary.

    November 2026: Titans. Nightwing, Donna Troy, Kid Flash, and Supergirl team up with Beast Boy and Cyborg to capture Deathstroke after he escapes the JL in the previous movie.

    I think that is far enough for now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •