Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    They read as more padded out in trades though, especially the whole Mon Calamarie story.
    Haven't gotten that far yet.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Supposed to be some news tomorrow night about what this thing is.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Good to hear.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Could it be the long-awaited Rian Johnson trilogy?!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

It's presumabely an EU project, since it involves Claudia Gray, Charles Soule and other writers.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

It is High Republic publishing push. They are focus on 200 years before the Phantom Menace. The Jedi Order at it peak and its expansion in the galaxy. I would post the links but I am on my phone

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...-high-republic

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/20...cs-concept-art

Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-24-2020 at 11:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    On one hand I find it highly amusing that after years of Disney neglecting the prequels they leap into a new prequel era with all the desperation of a drowning man grasping for a piece of flotsam.

Yet having seen this first glimpse of a more 'luminous' age I find the whole concept cowardly. Disney has always had an issue with showing credible villains and the sequel films have suffered particularly from this, both Snoke and Husk were jokes, they needed Palpatine back just to save face. So, it doesn't surprise me that Disney's latest batch of writers come-up with this lopsided world of golden Jedi and lame Mad Max rejects.

Disney can't handle the dark side and more's the pity. I think they've greatly misjudged the zeitgeist of their audiences. The sequel trilogy ended in a dark place with the Jedi more discredited and morally bankrupt then even the best of Palpatine's schemes could imagine. I don't think people want to be Jedi anymore, certainly not like this. It's a fantasy that Disney killed outright and they just don't realise it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
    On one hand I find it highly amusing that after years of Disney neglecting the prequels they leap into a new prequel era with all the desperation of a drowning man grasping for a piece of flotsam.
    This statement doesn't make sense this isn't "the prequels". This is Disney finding a clean era that they can tell a story without having adhere to some other popular previous piece canon. I thought they were going to use The Old republic but this makes just as much sense. They want a setting with the Jedi thriving nothing about this is desperation they were always going to expand out and have a setting with a bunch of Jedi in it.

Anyways I don't even see the point of your complaints, This is a new setting that has a writers room and more importantly unlike latest movie trilogy they are plotting out a path of where to go. I think every fan see the problem with last trilogy of movies, It was three individual plans and not one big story and that isn't the case anymore. I don't see any carry over issues it is not even the same people working on the thing. JJ or Rian are nowhere in sight. New Setting, New Heroes,New Villains New Writers. It is new era. The past issues has ZERO to do with this project.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-25-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Ultimate Member

It is High Republic publishing push. They are focus on 200 years before the Phantom Menace. The Jedi Order at it peak and its expansion in the galaxy. I would post the links but I am on my phone

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...-high-republic

https://www.polygon.com/star-wars/20...cs-concept-art

Sounds interesting.

The writing side of the new Star Wars project have been pretty good to excellent (outside of the first prelude books).

Lucasfilm should let the mainline trilogy rest and explore other parts of the Star Wars universe. The High Republic is a pretty good place to start and it actually gives creators freedom to tell the stories they want to tell.

Ultimate Member

This statement doesn't make sense this isn't "the prequels". This is Disney finding a clean era that they can tell a story without having adhere to some other popular previous piece canon. I thought they were going to use The Old republic but this makes just as much sense. They want a setting with the Jedi thriving nothing about this is desperation they were always going to expand out and have a setting with a bunch of Jedi in it.

Anyways I don't even see the point of your complaints, This is a new setting that has a writers room and more importantly unlike latest movie trilogy they are plotting out a path of where to go. I think every fan see the problem with last trilogy of movies, It was three individual plans and not one big story and that isn't the case anymore. I don't see any carry over issues it is not even the same people working on the thing. JJ or Rian are nowhere in sight. New Setting, New Heroes,New Villains New Writers. It is new era. The past has ZERO to with this project.
    Exactly.

This isn't the old republic, this is the high republic.

It's an era in Star Wars ripe for storytelling.

BANNED

You should ask yourself why Disney is doing this instead of continuing with more stories after TROS. The answer is because Disney utterly failed to do any form of world building, the sequels were so devoid of creativity that there are simply no more stories left to tell. So now we find that Disney is dusting off the prequels, the first 30 seconds of the video is just recycling old prequels and Clone Wars footage. Of course, Disney being Disney they decided to go with easy mode and offered a weaker setting populated by triumphant Jedi and no real challenges to deal with.

So now we find that Disney is dusting off the prequels, the first 30 seconds of the video is just recycling old prequels and Clone Wars footage.
    This is first video they are using prequel and clone wars footage because don't have much stuff to show as yet. Pretty pictures make for a good presentation.

You should ask yourself why Disney is doing this instead of continuing with more stories after TROS. The answer is because Disney utterly failed to do any form of world building, the sequels were so devoid of creativity that there are simply no more stories left to tell. .
    Dude they hired the Game of Thrones bros to make a trilogy of movies probably based on the Old republic setting. They have always wanted a setting with lots of Jedi. The movies creatively not being successful as they wanted with fans makes a move to focus the High republic easier but Disney ideal Star world was multiple eras/timeline of Star Wars. It was never going to be just what came after the new stuff. They have always wanting something with lots of Jedi involved.

This is no win situation any thing Disney did you were going to criticize it. If they had continue with Rey stuff, You would have said Disney is sticking with unpopular setting nobody wanted. Disney being a smart company adjust their strategy away from the very thing YOU said was failing. You have been super critical of this trilogy and the moves they have made in it .And when Disney smartly drops continiting in that direction you criticize them for it. This is you

The answer is because Disney utterly failed to do any form of world building, the sequels were so devoid of creativity that there are simply no more stories left to tell
    This is also You
    a weaker setting populated by triumphant Jedi and no real challenges to deal with
    Literally you are going "hahaha there are no stories to tell, Disney messed it up". The Disney higher up seem to agree with that assessment. Puts the focus for Star Wars on a clean slate era and moves on from the Rey Saga. You criticize them for it. You got to make up your mind because you are literally contradicting yourself. You can't criticize something for sucking then turn around and criticize the same people for dumping the thing you said suck and wasn't working.

Anyways I am done, You are person is going to be overcritical no matter what so it is pointless to talk about this topic. And now isn't the time be hissy about to the past. It is new setting, With new heroes they are better things to talk about.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-25-2020 at 02:23 AM.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-high-rep...ing-1841899735

All of this started in November 2014 when James Waugh, VP of Franchise Content & Strategy at Lucasfilm, began to pitch a shared universe of books. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy also urged him to “be bold” with the publishing and try new things. So, with the end of the Skywalker Saga in sight, everything began to click. They invited several authors, as well as the Lucasfilm Story Group, to two retreats at Skywalker Ranch, where the group held massive brainstorm sessions to crack everything about the High Republic. Eventually, just like the studio would with a movie, concept artists were hired to begin to figure out the looks of the era. The Jedi would wear slightly more regal, Renaissance-inspired garb. The villains would be basically the opposite of the Stormtroopers of the Empire. And on and on.
    Disney and Lucasfilm announced that Star Wars: The High Republic will start with five different books as part of phase one (which yes, means more phases are coming). They are:

Star Wars: The High Republic: Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule
    Star Wars: The High Republic: Into the Dark by Claudia Gray
    Star Wars: The High Republic: A Test of Courage by Justina Ireland
    Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures by Daniel José Older
    Star Wars: The High Republic by Cavan Scott

A little bit the writers

Charles Soule authored the Star Wars: Lando and Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Anakin limited series for Marvel Comics before later writing for the Star Wars: Poe Dameron series as well as the Star Wars: Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith series. He is currently writing the upcoming Star Wars: The Rise of Kylo Ren series

Claudia Gray author who has written multiple novels in the Star Wars canon

Justina Ireland is the author of the 2018 junior novel Lando's Luck and the 2019 junior novel Spark of the Resistance.

Daniel José Older Wrote Short story"Born in the Storm,Older also wrote the Solo: A Star Wars Story tie-in novel Last Shot, which was released on April 17, 2018. Older also narrated part of the novel.

Cavan Scott is an author known for writing four of the novels in the Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space young-readers series, plus several issues of IDW's Star Wars Adventures and the miniseries Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader's Castle.

In canon, the High Republic era kicks off with an event called the Great Disaster. It’s a cataclysmic event, almost a Star Wars 9/11 that forces a universe at peace to band together in a way it never has before. At the center of it are the Nihil, who are the bad guys of the era (you can see them on the cover of Scott’s The High Republic comic). They look a little punk rock and a little Mad Max, but that’s by design. Apparently, those gas masks serve a purpose as they can reportedly use hyperspace in a way that we’ve never seen before.

My little notes from the video

They are calling it the High republic, They are describing it as the Jedi Knights of the round table.

The republic borders describe as wild west frontier, New kind of Jedi patrols the frontiers kind like Texas Rangers

The Nihil- Space Vikings. Motto " You can't take with you, but we can take it from you

Notes on the board
    Capture1.jpg

The Nihil
    The Nile.jpg

Nihil.jpg
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-25-2020 at 02:34 AM.

Some art

More art/covers