Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

they ought to be afraid

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Exodus. He is an enhanced mutant with tons of abilities he only gained through Celestial tech to make him an OP villain.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Wolverine litterly regrew himself from a drop of blood once. He has been reduced to nothing but a skeleton and grown back multiple times. If that is not overpowered then nothing is.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Wolverine litterly regrew himself from a drop of blood once.
    Considering how much Wolverine has bled over the last hundred or so years, I'm still trying to figure out why there's only one of him running around. Each drop of blood doesn't know that it's the only possibly surviving drop of blood. That might actually make for a funny April Fool's issue. All of the thousands of Logans come home to roost.

Wolverine litterly regrew himself from a drop of blood once.
    Give us a Grand Canyon sized break. That was an Otherworld story where a drop hit a magic crystal. It STILL doesn’t explain how the new body had memories aside from *~magic~*.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Give us a Grand Canyon sized break. That was an Otherworld story where a drop hit a magic crystal. It STILL doesn’t explain how the new body had memories aside from *~magic~*.
    and adamantium

Hope is overpowered when she's in a team of mutants. She always have to forget that she can copy all their powers at the same time.
    That's why she would fare better in a team with only one or two mutants, like Young Avengers or Champions.

Elixir has been made too OP, espcially when he turned able to resurrect or hurt many people at the same time, without even touching them.

For now both problems have been solved by them being vital to Krakoa, so they are unlikely to go in missions.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Wolverine litterly regrew himself from a drop of blood once. He has been reduced to nothing but a skeleton and grown back multiple times. If that is not overpowered then nothing is.
    At this rate, Logan could be erased from the Akashic Record, the Root of Creation, and his akashic data will just rewrite itself, making him literally pop back out of absolute nothing.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Considering how much Wolverine has bled over the last hundred or so years, I'm still trying to figure out why there's only one of him running around. Each drop of blood doesn't know that it's the only possibly surviving drop of blood. That might actually make for a funny April Fool's issue. All of the thousands of Logans come home to roost.
    Maybe that’s how Wolverine ended up in 10 books a month back in the 90’s-2000’s.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Running on that train of thought, I'm a major critic of Emma gaining diamond form.
    I did not find this as overpowered. Emma could not use telepathy when she went diamond. something gotta give.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    That’s because Storm holds back 95% of the time. She even admits to holding back. If Storm didn’t really care that much about preserving life or the weather or the people around her. Most of the X-Men’s problems would have been dealt with because Storm killed them.

Is Storm overpowered? Yes. So, is Iceman and Nightcrawler and Polaris if you write them correctly.

Polaris going nuts on her failed wedding , made me think she was over powered but she hardly did that ever again, she spent the aftermath of that unfortunate situation like a scared little girl.

Why would you say Nightcrawler is overpowered? is it because he could teleport to the moon?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I did not find this as overpowered. Emma could not use telepathy when she went diamond. something gotta give.
    Perhaps. But before when she was pure tp, she had to exercise caution when standing at the frontlines and must rely on mundane martial arts training plus reading opponent's mind to evade and survive. With diamond form she became a take-anything tank with a weakpoint that took preternatural accuracy to hit. Made her boring for me.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    Perhaps. But before when she was pure tp, she had to exercise caution when standing at the frontlines and must rely on mundane martial arts training plus reading opponent's mind to evade and survive. With diamond form she became a take-anything tank with a weakpoint that took preternatural accuracy to hit. Made her boring for me.
    What about fire? I mean, diamonds are pure crystalline carbon, it burns. Find someone with fire-based powers and she's done for.

Polaris going nuts on her failed wedding , made me think she was over powered but she hardly did that ever again, she spent the aftermath of that unfortunate situation like a scared little girl.

Why would you say Nightcrawler is overpowered? is it because he could teleport to the moon?
    I think he’s speaking to Kurt’s ability to tele-dismember or, like AoA Kurt, teleport a shark into a targets gut (could easily be a bomb, poison, etc) that makes him OP. Most opposition couldn’t survive their head being instantly ported off.

I can see how some X-Men can be perceived as OP if written to capacity but most of them have exploitable vulnerabilities that balance out the scales. An x-gene suppressant could put many of them at human level durability range (though some are still skilled and dangerous sans powers).
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 12-24-2019 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Crappy spell check grammar
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

It’s not about her going nuts Once Upon Time. It’s about what she can do with her powers that makes her OP. She may not be as skilled as her Father, but controlling the same Fundamental Forces as her Dad is OP too.

As Wind Rider mentioned of Kurt wanted to he can port your limbs away or half your body away. Teleportation in itself is OP especially if you can control it wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think he’s speaking to Kurt’s ability to tele-dismember or, like AoA Kurt, teleport a shark into a targets gut (could easily be a bomb, poison, etc) that makes him OP. Most opposition couldn’t survive their head being instantly ported off.

I can see how some X-Men can be perceived as OP if written to capacity but most of them have exploitable vulnerabilities that balance out the scales. An x-gene suppressant could put many of them at human level durability range (though some are still skilled and dangerous sans powers).
    Yes, that’s what I meant thank you.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-24-2019 at 08:40 AM.

Willie Evans