Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Overpowered Mutants

I just watched Star Wars Rise of Skywalker, not going to spoil anything. Watching the film made me think of the concepts of over powered mutants. I know X-Men already has levels like omega mutants and the basic human mutants. but are there any xmen character that you think is over powered or has ever been over powered at one point.

Jean Grey

Wolverine

Rogue

Hope Summers

Nate Grey

Legion

These are some of the mutants who at some point I think have been over powered. These doesn't obviously take away any interesting aspect of their characters or make their stories bad, however it could be a lot to absorb, why they are just so darm powerful.

I would say though that what I still like about some of these characters is, they have some tragic flaws because they are over powered. Legion is insane, Rogue can never touch anyone, Jean always dies, Wolverine realistically could live forever and see his beloved friends die. so x-men is balanced.

Storm's not just overpowered, her powers defy simple comprehension.

Exodus is easily the most overpowered mutant

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Storm's not just overpowered, her powers defy simple comprehension.
    I wanted to put storm on my list, only issue is I never saw Storm as one of the best xmen fighters who could unleash pain on people. Rogue and Jean are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Exodus is easily the most overpowered mutant

https://i.imgur.com/ESRk0o9.jpg
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Poccy forever!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Well most villains are stupid overpowered. Cassandra Nova is a joke. Sinister even moreso. Apocalypse actually makes sense, he’s had millennia to learn more about his techno-organic Celestial weaponry... and now he’s Mutant Magician Magnificent. All reality-warpers. Most psychics. Nearly everyone with time-related powers. Magik. Spiral. Selene, but she’s magic too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I wanted to put storm on my list, only issue is I never saw Storm as one of the best xmen fighters who could unleash pain on people. Rogue and Jean are a different story.
    That’s because Storm holds back 95% of the time. She even admits to holding back. If Storm didn’t really care that much about preserving life or the weather or the people around her. Most of the X-Men’s problems would have been dealt with because Storm killed them.

Is Storm overpowered? Yes. So, is Iceman and Nightcrawler and Polaris if you write them correctly.

I can come up with a good list of overpowered mutants if written correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Well most villains are stupid overpowered. Cassandra Nova is a joke. Sinister even moreso. Apocalypse actually makes sense, he’s had millennia to learn more about his techno-organic Celestial weaponry... and now he’s Mutant Magician Magnificent. All reality-warpers. Most psychics. Nearly everyone with time-related powers. Magik. Spiral. Selene, but she’s magic too.
    Your right. There are a lot of X-Villains that are OP as well.

But IMO in regards to Apocalypse he’s only hard to beat because of that Celestial Armor. I think that’s the only thing that makes him such a Big Threat. If he didn’t have that Armor he’d be no threat to the X-Men. I agree to your list, but to add to it I think Elemental Manipulators, Energy Manipulators, Energy Absorption and Teleporters are OP as well.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-22-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

In Marvel fandom, mutant is a synonym for "OP pls nerf."
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Elixir comes to mind. He started out as a basic healer, then KYost made him incredibly overpowered by giving him access to all of Beast’s medical knowledge, as well as changing his power to also use it offensively. This left him in a place where no other writer knew what to do with him other than kill him off for shock value, until Bunn and then Hickman figured out something to do with him.

I don’t think any mutant is truly “overpowered” until they’re at a point that they become problematic for any writer to use.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Running on that train of thought, I'm a major critic of Emma gaining diamond form.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Illyana, Legion and Powerhouse.
    "Cable was right!"

Honestly i don't think anyone is overpowered. For me to describe someone as OP i would have to step back and look at the overall Marvel U and with beings like Galactus, Captain Marvel, Thor, Beyonder and so on and so forth i don't think any one is truly OP. But writers can over or under do it and do so quite often.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Telepaths, Speedsters, energy manipulators and teleporters if always at peak levels of ability are dangerous as hell. But then we you think a brick who can say lift 50 tons, is invulnerable or near, can fly or jump.. that is so powerful compared to the weak and frail avg person..

Amazing Member

Cable, who was overpowered during The Passion of the Cable in C&D. He levitated Providence whilst fighting the Silver Surfer (broke SS's unbreakable board). So overpowered, he had a lobotomy.