Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I thought I was up on JSA before nu52, but apparently not. When were Yolanda Montez and Beth Chapel reintroduce to the DCU? And did Beth wear the original Dr. Mid-Nite’s costume then?
    DC issue 12. It's another alteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    I thought I was up on JSA before nu52, but apparently not. When were Yolanda Montez and Beth Chapel reintroduce to the DCU? And did Beth wear the original Dr. Mid-Nite’s costume then?
    They weren't. Both originally appeared as legacies to the original characters and ended up being killed in an Eclipso story. Dr Mid-Nite got a new legacy in Pieter Cross and with Wildcat's "nine lives" development, didn't need one anymore. But with the numerous universe shiftings since those characters' deaths, who knows what their statuses could be now?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The JSA are in Stargirl's show, aren't they? They should launch a book called Stargirl and the Justice Society.
    Better Courtney then Diana in my opinion.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I also think Power Girl is a necessity when it comes to the modern JSA. Just keep her original origin in tact please. I wish they would bring in the Helena Wayne version of the Huntress as well.
    She's on the short list for sure. I'd argue Michael Holt and Stargirl are equally as important to the modern incarnation. They're the trinity of younger members in my mind.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    She's on the short list for sure. I'd argue Michael Holt and Stargirl are equally as important to the modern incarnation. They're the trinity of younger members in my mind.

I like Mr. Terrific and Stargirl quite a bit as well! My idea modern team would be:

Dr. Fate(Kent)
    Flash
    Green Lantern
    Hawkman
    Huntress
    JJ Thunder
    Mr. Terrific
    Power Girl
    Stargirl
    Wildcat
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Holt would definitely not be on any new JSA roster though, as he's now the leader of his own team, the Terrifics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I'd agree, PG, Holt, and Stargirl are the most important younger members of the JSA, and future versions of the team need to have them as well as Alan, Ted Grant, Jay, a Dr. Fate, and probably a Dr. Midnite. Hawkman and a couple of others would be nice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I also think Power Girl is a necessity when it comes to the modern JSA. Just keep her original origin in tact please. I wish they would bring in the Helena Wayne version of the Huntress as well.
    The problem there is that when they tried that in nu52, it was a spectacular fail. For some reason, Helena's creator Levitz, the guy who also did much of the early writing on Power Girl, somehow failed to get either character in this go around. Doesn't mean it can't be done well, but there is that fail to get over. I would be kind of interested in seeing what Grant Morrison could do with the team.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd like to see a Justice Society book set on Earth Two that jumps around their history. Some stories set with Wonder Woman, Doctor Fate, and others fighting fascism in WW2. Others with an older Wildcat navigating life in the 50s/60s. The Red Scare and McCarthyism. Clark Kent stopping the assassination of MLK. Jade and Cyclone in modern day fighting corporate fascism.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-23-2019 at 07:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'd like to see a Justice Society book set on Earth Two that jumps around their history. Some stories set with Wonder Woman, Doctor Fate, and others fighting fascism in WW2. Others with an older Wildcat navigating life in the 50s/60s. The Red Scare and McCarthyism. Clark Kent stopping the assassination of MLK. Jade and Cyclone in modern day fighting corporate fascism.
    That'd be great as an additional title, (and come one, if the League can have multiple titles at once, the Society should be able to again), to the main one set in the present day DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I doubt we'll see a tru;ly "classic" JSA as seen in the Silver Age Earth Two. The conclusion of DClock points to a "whatever current DC main Earth is called this week" being home to both an older, experienced and historic JSA which has developed a lot like it had post Crisis. Not what I would have preferred, but I'll still take it. As to what I'd like to see:

Some time-jump to keep the non-super JSAers around and to set up a realistic way that they've had families. Jade and Obsidian are there and the multiple generations of the franchise is important to separate it from the JL franchise. Plus, the time factor is pretty much at its breaking point.

A Power Girl in the JSA is a must. An alternate universe Supergirl is too good a concept to need to rework. It's a su[perhero series where universe are rewritten on a regular basis. It ain't brain surgery. Kara Zor-L can and should exist.

Crossing over with the nu52 Earth 2 bunch. I'd actually prefer these to JL/JS teamups. Same names, similar powers, and sorta same characters would be fun to read.
    Technically, we got to have our cake and eat it too...we got both a main Earth JSA, that continued into the modern age...as well as a restored "Silver Age" Earth 2 that includes GA Robin, Power Girl and Helena Wayne Huntress.

But realistically I think we'll rarely see the restored Silver Age Earth 2, and any modern appearances will most likely focus on the main Earth JSA.
    The main Earth JSA does include some of the Inifnitors, so I'm curious how they are going to explain that one.
    With the original JSA now in their 100's chronologically, their kids would be in their 60's to 80's unless there was a time jump in there somewhere!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The problem there is that when they tried that in nu52, it was a spectacular fail. For some reason, Helena's creator Levitz, the guy who also did much of the early writing on Power Girl, somehow failed to get either character in this go around. Doesn't mean it can't be done well, but there is that fail to get over. I would be kind of interested in seeing what Grant Morrison could do with the team.

I think that's Due to Levitz's writing, not any character flaws in Power Girl or Huntress. I say this because most, if not all, of Levitz's books in the last 8 years haven't sold well or received much positive response. I used to love his work but lately it's mediocre at best.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Technically, we got to have our cake and eat it too...we got both a main Earth JSA, that continued into the modern age...as well as a restored "Silver Age" Earth 2 that includes GA Robin, Power Girl and Helena Wayne Huntress.
    Nitpick: we don't yet know the status of Earth 2. What we got in DDC#12 was a “meta-history” lesson that reframed the origin of Earth 2, but said nothing about its current status. It's entirely possible that its current status is what we saw at the end of Earth 2: Society; it's also possible that the Metaverse shift at the end of DDC#12 “reset” Earth 2 to its pre-Flashpoint status.

And it's also possible that we have both, with the same phenomenon that created Earth 2 in the first place acting again when Flashpoint hit in order to create a new copy of Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    But realistically I think we'll rarely see the restored Silver Age Earth 2, and any modern appearances will most likely focus on the main Earth JSA.
    The main Earth JSA does include some of the Inifnitors, so I'm curious how they are going to explain that one.
    With the original JSA now in their 100's chronologically, their kids would be in their 60's to 80's unless there was a time jump in there somewhere!
    That's not just an issue with the JSA: the entire new timeline for the mainstream DCU has that problem. For example: Tim Drake, according to the graphics we've seen, became Robin in year, what, 2 or 4 of G3? By the end of G3, a full ten years supposedly passed; and G4 tacks another half dozen on top of that. So the Young Justice kids should be in their thirties by now.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 12-23-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Holt would definitely not be on any new JSA roster though, as he's now the leader of his own team, the Terrifics.
    When has being on a team stopped, say, Batman?

He was on Checkmate as White King if I recall while also being on the JSA. Michael's got it in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
    Captain Marvel and the Legion of Superheroes
    I read this and thought (for a split second) that it was the name of a new book that I hadn't heard of. Would have been great!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.