Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Nitpick: we don't yet know the status of Earth 2. What we got in DDC#12 was a “meta-history” lesson that reframed the origin of Earth 2, but said nothing about its current status. It's entirely possible that its current status is what we saw at the end of Earth 2: Society; it's also possible that the met averse shift at the end of DDC#12 “reset” Earth 2 to its pre-Flashpoint status.
    I was taking my cue from the Earth 2 depiction of the JSA up to the point of Crisis, w/ E2 Robin, Huntress, and Power Girl...but no depictions of any post-Crisis members.
    Really, this would line up with this particular Earth 2 being the counterpart to Earth 1985's "Silver Age Earth 1".

That said, this restored Silver Age Earth 2 would still have the same issue of the JSA being in their 100's age wise, with an additional 35 years of history.
    Unless we have a story-driven time jump in there somewhere, that Earth would be on the 3rd or 4th generation of the JSA.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I was taking my cue from the Earth 2 depiction of the JSA up to the point of Crisis, w/ E2 Robin, Huntress, and Power Girl...but no depictions of any post-Crisis members.
    Really, this would line up with this particular Earth 2 being the counterpart to Earth 1985's "Silver Age Earth 1".
    But that's what I'm saying: DDC#12 isn't saying “there now exists an Earth 2 that's populated by the Silver Age JSA”; it's saying “when Barry Allen became the Flash, an Earth 2 populated by the Silver Age JSA was created”. That Earth has had history since then. It may have been destroyed in the Crisis; it may have been saved by the Crisis but rebooted by Flashpoint — and possibly rebooted again by Doomsday Clock. And each time that it might have been rebooted, it's possible that a copy of its pre-reboot state was made.

But it isn't that the Earth 2 depicted in DDC#12 just now came into existence due to Dr. Manhattan's actions. Dr.M did two things in DDC#12: he restored the Justice Society to the primary Earth's history, and he told his friend to come out of the closet. Between those two actions, the only thing he did was to watch the meta-history of the DCU unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    That said, this restored Silver Age Earth 2 would still have the same issue of the JSA being in their 100's age wise, with an additional 35 years of history.
    Unless we have a story-driven time jump in there somewhere, that Earth would be on the 3rd or 4th generation of the JSA.
    And as I said somewhere, DC's timescales are all screwed up.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

And as I said somewhere, DC's timescales are all screwed up.
    According to that five generation timeline... it's only been 60 years, not 80, so the current year is 20 years behind the real world. That timeline is just plain wrong.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

The Earth 2 would be pre crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    The Earth 2 would be pre crisis.
    …unless Flashpoint rebooted it and DDC#12 didn't un-reboot it, yes.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

…unless Flashpoint rebooted it and DDC#12 didn't un-reboot it, yes.
    Earth-Two is a weird case. We assume there always was a metaverse and as such, the Golden Age had Earth-Two to tell its stories. The onset of the Silver Age introduced Earth-One and Earth_Two became a parallel Earth that was relatively easy to get to. As we look at the Earths which had been the primary source for stories, previous Earths from before multiple reshufflings of history, they were considerably more difficult to get to. A few exceptions exist, but nothing near to the buddy/buddy relationship of Silver Age Earths One and Two.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That'd be great as an additional title, (and come one, if the League can have multiple titles at once, the Society should be able to again), to the main one set in the present day DCU.
    Totally!

I envision it as kind of a TALES OF THE JUSTICE SOCIETY and it can leap around narratively, nonlinearly.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Totally!

I envision it as kind of a TALES OF THE JUSTICE SOCIETY and it can leap around narratively, nonlinearly.
    I would absolutely support that alongside a JSA book proper, or even another volume of JSA Classified.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I would absolutely support that alongside a JSA book proper, or even another volume of JSA Classified.
    There's so much meat to "untold tales" of an Earth 2 where the age of heroes kicked off in the 30s and history is changed accordingly! Like, what if Golden Age Aquaman waged war against Nazi U-Boats? Or Superman was around during the Civil Rights movement? What if, in modern day you had Cyclone and Jade and Huntress battling Jeff Bezos?

There's so much meat to "untold tales" of an Earth 2 where the age of heroes kicked off in the 30s and history is changed accordingly! Like, what if Golden Age Aquaman waged war against Nazi U-Boats? Or Superman was around during the Civil Rights movement? What if, in modern day you had Cyclone and Jade and Huntress battling Jeff Bezos?
    The appeal of the original Earth Two (or 2) to me was the existence of superheros for generations. Moore's Watchmen looked into this somewhat, but DC having a planet where both inspirational and cautionary tales both could be told would be something we haven't seen from the big two.

Astonishing Member

I was super-excited to see members of Infinity, Inc. Now if we can just get Hector and Lyta Hall back -- especially now that Vertigo is no longer a thing!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

What if we lived on the Earth where those books were being published.

I was born on the wrong Earth.