Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Kurado? Maybe?
    Kurado is not a Japanese name. But anagram of that is, Kuroda is Japanese name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Kurado is not a Japanese name. But anagram of that is, Kuroda is Japanese name.
    Kento Kuroda (黒田健人) would be a great name!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Domo, watashi wa kento Kuroda desu! (Hello, my name is Kento Kuroda).

Not bad. I think this fits.

Just had a random thought. Anime (at least from the late 1980s through early 2000s, back when I Otaku'd) has a tendency to overexplain things during action sequences. It's bad in the sense that a lot of slow-paced stuff grinds to a halt, but it's nice because then it starts feeling like an animated and voiced-over comic book to clarify why things are happening the way they are. An anime-ized Superman might not be so bad because I think various Superman action sequences in TV and movies has to get dumbed down compared to the comics because Western audiences aren't used to/don't like it when there's narration during the action. Anyway, I thought about this again when I was watching a YouTube video of a supersonic baseball momentarily igniting when it hit a baseball glove, and I figured it'd be pretty cool if Superman was punching something at such high velocity that stuff started combusting. If that happened in a movie w/o expository dialogue, people would probably think it was corny AF that Superman's hands started catching on fire, even though there's a physics basis for it. But, in anime, there would probably be some 45-second dialogue from the spectators pointing out that all the energy from Superman's supersonic punches create ignition on contact or close to contact.

Anyway, here's the YT video, for reference. Relevant scene is at the 11:00 mark.

How do we make the villains for into manga anime norms?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    How do we make the villains for into manga anime norms?
    Make their stories arc-based (which shouldn’t be too hard).

The difference between Manga and American Comics is that once a villain is defeated, they usually cease to be a threat either because they’re dead, imprisoned, reformed, or too weak to still be a threat. The story’s more or less done with them as villains.

Another difference between Manga and American comics is that usually all of the characters and their powers can be easily classified as something. While manga have a variety of unique powers, they’re all under the same umbrella such as Devil Fruits, Quincy, or Ninjutsu.

Make their stories arc-based (which shouldn’t be too hard).

The difference between Manga and American Comics is that once a villain is defeated, they usually cease to be a threat either because they’re dead, imprisoned, reformed, or too weak to still be a threat. The story’s more or less done with them as villains.

Another difference between Manga and American comics is that usually all of the characters and their powers can be easily classified as something. While manga have a variety of unique powers, they’re all under the same umbrella such as Devil Fruits, Quincy, or Ninjutsu.
    That's what also makes manga usually better

BANNED

To be honest that's what I really don't like when I read manga, often than not, I feel like the villains can be and utilize more or at least can be fleshed even more. To me most of the villain in the manga is not a character they are just plot device to move the plot forward. I think at most if Superman gets an anime, I want villains to be used more than once while slowly telling their stories to flesh them out. Not only the main villain but also the B-class and C-class villains. Making it like Kite Man. I think this will be more interesting than used villain just once.

I think Superman doesn't need a power system to work because at its core Superman can't work as a fighting manga. It's supposed to be a comic about Superheroes, so the thing about the power system concept can be ignored for most of part.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Just had a random thought. Anime (at least from the late 1980s through early 2000s, back when I Otaku'd) has a tendency to overexplain things during action sequences. It's bad in the sense that a lot of slow-paced stuff grinds to a halt, but it's nice because then it starts feeling like an animated and voiced-over comic book to clarify why things are happening the way they are. An anime-ized Superman might not be so bad because I think various Superman action sequences in TV and movies has to get dumbed down compared to the comics because Western audiences aren't used to/don't like it when there's narration during the action. Anyway, I thought about this again when I was watching a YouTube video of a supersonic baseball momentarily igniting when it hit a baseball glove, and I figured it'd be pretty cool if Superman was punching something at such high velocity that stuff started combusting. If that happened in a movie w/o expository dialogue, people would probably think it was corny AF that Superman's hands started catching on fire, even though there's a physics basis for it. But, in anime, there would probably be some 45-second dialogue from the spectators pointing out that all the energy from Superman's supersonic punches create ignition on contact or close to contact.

Anyway, here's the YT video, for reference. Relevant scene is at the 11:00 mark.

Generally, most anime/manga have stopped the over exposition of things, though every now and then one will pop up.

I still think a teenage Clark moving to Japan would be good.

As long as he doesn't come across Yakuza guys carrying samurai swords.

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift is one really bad movie, but at least their Yakuza know what a gun is.

BANNED

I'm sorry if this is not really in the topic, but I kind of interested. I want to ask something. How popular are Kyoto Animation, Studio Trigger, and Gainax in the west? I mean like from this thread I got a little conclusion that the most popular anime that nearly all of you watched is from the Shonen series especially the mainstream ones like Pokemon, Jojo, One Piece, Baki, and Hunter x Hunter. But I kind of interested in this topic because as far as I know, Kyoto Animation animes are usually what people who want to make anime will be based on Kyoto Animation due to their popularity.

So I kind of interested, have any of you watched anime from Kyoto Animation, Studio Trigger, and Gainax?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    I'm sorry if this is not really in the topic, but I kind of interested. I want to ask something. How popular are Kyoto Animation, Studio Trigger, and Gainax in the west? I mean like from this thread I got a little conclusion that the most popular anime that nearly all of you watched is from the Shonen series especially the mainstream ones like Pokemon, Jojo, One Piece, Baki, and Hunter x Hunter. But I kind of interested in this topic because as far as I know, Kyoto Animation animes are usually what people who want to make anime will be based on Kyoto Animation due to their popularity.

So I kind of interested, have any of you watched anime from Kyoto Animation, Studio Trigger, and Gainax?
    i have watched neon gensis,silent voice,violet evergarden..etc.The reason battle shonen is being cited is because superman is for young boys largely and action is what superman is all about.I would have said madhouse would more apt if the are able to deliever something like one punch man season 1.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-23-2020 at 08:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'm not gonna read through all ten pages but does anybody remember Project Ako? It was basically Superman and Wonder Woman's daughter in high school fighting a bully.
    Assassinate Putin!