Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm not gonna read through all ten pages but does anybody remember Project Ako? It was basically Superman and Wonder Woman's daughter in high school fighting a bully.
    I've actually pointed that out a few times. I don't remember if it was this thread or not, but yeah. I watched a few episodes of it, and the parents (all but confirmed to be Clark and Diana, despite a few differences) play a minor role at best.

Honestly, you could even ignore her parentage and simply chalk it up to her simply being a super-powered kid teen (happens enough in anime, even older ones like that).

BANNED

I'm not gonna read through all ten pages but does anybody remember Project Ako? It was basically Superman and Wonder Woman's daughter in high school fighting a bully.
    Lol, it's Project A-Ko, not Ako, please respect the hyphen. A-ko is too Genki to be their daughter, but I can give you that if Superman has a daughter and she is growing in Japan written by Hideaki Anno, she will have characters like her. By the way, if you like the anime I recommend Kill la Kill, it has the same premise but more modern.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    i have watched neon gensis,silent voice,violet evergarden..etc.The reason battle shonen is being cited is because superman is for young boys largely and action is what superman is all about.I would have said madhouse would more apt if the are able to deliever something like one punch man season 1.
    Oh, you watched Violet Evergarden! What do you think about that? I think that Violet Evergarden is the anime that Superman needs to follow if Superman made into anime.

To be fair the notion that battle shonen is just for young boys are really old school. Nowadays, the fan of battle shonen is young girls!

... Well, for obvious reason though.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-24-2020 at 01:37 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Oh, you watched Violet Evergarden! What do you think about that? I think that Violet Evergarden is the anime that Superman needs to follow if Superman made into anime.

To be fair the notion that battle shonen is just for young boys are really old school. Nowadays, the fan of battle shonen is young girls!

... Well, for obvious reason though.
    honestly,other than clark kent and some kal el.Clark kent with the whole writing letters thing while traveling.Kal el with learning human emotions,the disablity of losing arms and broken yearning for something long gone.while,these two identities are important.I want more focus on superman.I don't see much superman.That is the titular identity.I am just tired of clark kent and kal el.

While,i do submit that young girls might read shonen.But,i haven't seen much dramatic shifts.Girls read shoujo,largely.Ofcourse,there are guys like miura who says his manga "berserk is more shoujo than seinen(for adults largley).But,storytelling seems to be targeted at boys and men in case of berserk.

As said,i am more fan of goldenage comics where superman identity was the focus rather than clark kent or kal el.Superbooks were about the daring adventures of the outlaw/vigilante champion of the oppressed.he's a swashbuckling debonair and his story was high adventures beyond belief kinda deal.While,i can see the correlation between violet and clark kent/kal el.Superman?He has got personality in spades.He essentially smiling through every pain and puching walls even if his hands get broken in the process for the little guy.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2020 at 02:44 AM.

BANNED

Honestly,other than clark kent and some kal el.Clark kent with the whole writing letters thing while traveling.Kal el with learning human emotions,the disablity of losing arms and broken yearning for something long gone.while,these two identities are important.I want more focus on superman.I don't see much superman.That is the titular identity.I am just tired of clark kent and kal el.
    Hahaha, I mean by following up is not mimicking. What I mean is that the tone of the Violet Evergarden is what Superman needs to follow. Violet Evergarden is a story about human feelings and I think it will be good if there is a story about Superman that told like that. Instead of focusing on the fight and his adventure aspect, we focus on his human aspect. His interaction with other humans aside from daily planet and Smallville casts. It does not have to necessary on his Clark Kent aspect maybe something like the idea of before Superman went to Metropolis, he travels around the world, learning the world, growing up, as a freelance photographer and reporter.

I think that's the true character development of Superman and that is what I think Superman needs if it wants to be anime. A story that feels wondrous, but still down to Earth. Essentially it's like if Birthright first issue is expanded into 12 anime episodes with the feeling of Clark Kent and Superman from American Alien.

While,i do submit that young girls might read shonen.But,i haven't seen much dramatic shifts.Girls read shoujo,largely.Ofcourse,there are guys like miura who says his manga "berserk is more shoujo than seinen(for adults largley).But,storytelling seems to be targeted at boys.
    Oh, it's about rather common tropes in Shojo where the girls (Casca and Schierke) love a bad boy (Guts) and having a triangle love with a handsome boy (Griffith). But, it also has some shojo escapism elements like how a helpless girl saved by bad boys that is ignoring her and little girl love older man tropes that we always see in shoujo. Serpico's fighting skills are also I believe inspired by Rose of Versailes. But to be fair here, Shojou stories are not really dominant for girls too, it has many nasty kinds of stuff that Seinen will never be live up to.

I believe stuff like Kuroko no Basuke, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Haikyuu, Kimetsu no Yaiba, Boku no Hero Academia, and High School DxD is shonen stuff that clearly aimed with girls in mind. All of those shonen have a cute boy as male mc that is very different from some stuff like Toriko, One Piece, and Jojo. No to mention the increase of bromance scene in shonen really lent itself to how it's a buffet for girls readers. I said that but it doesn't mean One Piece, Toriko, and Jojo don't have any girl's appeals. CLAMP already proves that most of Jojo fans are also female.

Astonishing Member

honestly,other than clark kent and some kal el.Clark kent with the whole writing letters thing while traveling.Kal el with learning human emotions,the disablity of losing arms and broken yearning for something long gone.while,these two identities are important.I want more focus on superman.I don't see much superman.That is the titular identity.I am just tired of clark kent and kal el.
    Both have defined Superman since Siegel and Shuster, there is Superman without them.

While,i do submit that young girls might read shonen.But,i haven't seen much dramatic shifts.Girls read shoujo,largely.Ofcourse,there are guys like miura who says his manga "berserk is more shoujo than seinen(for adults largley).But,storytelling seems to be targeted at boys and men in case of berserk.
    Berserk is pure seinen and incredibly more adult focused than Superman ever was. Superman's been family friendly for generations.

As said,i am more fan of goldenage comics where superman identity was the focus rather than clark kent or kal el.Superbooks were about the daring adventures of the outlaw/vigilante champion of the oppressed.he's a swashbuckling debonair and his story was high adventures beyond belief kinda deal.While,i can see the correlation between violet and clark kent/kal el.Superman?He has got personality in spades.He essentially smiling through every pain and puching walls even if his hands get broken in the process for the little guy.
    Superman does this but he's not smiling, because only a madman would smile doing that.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Lol, it's Project A-Ko, not Ako, please respect the hyphen. A-ko is too Genki to be their daughter, but I can give you that if Superman has a daughter and she is growing in Japan written by Hideaki Anno, she will have characters like her. By the way, if you like the anime I recommend Kill la Kill, it has the same premise but more modern.
    There's a scene towards the end where we see her parents and it really is Superman and Wonder Woman. She's ironing his suit and he's reading the Daily Planet. It's probably my favorite anime alongside Akira.
    Assassinate Putin!

BANNED

There's a scene towards the end where we see her parents and it really is Superman and Wonder Woman. She's ironing his suit and he's reading the Daily Planet. It's probably my favorite anime alongside Akira.
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I think her mom ironed his blue shirt with Superman's shield on it, right? I remember now. I think there is a fan theory or I believe it's fanfic that A-Ko parents are Kingdom Come's Superman and Wonder Woman and Project A-Ko is just essentially an unofficial sequel. That anime is so cool, though it aged badly for it's kind. But, I still love it because thanks to that anime we got Studio Trigger anime like Panty Stocking, Gunbuster, and Kill la Kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Superman does this but he's not smiling, because only a madman would smile doing that.
    If there is no superman there is no book. Therefore there wouldn't be clark kent or kal el.

That was miura believes his manga to be. Miura has said he was inspired by many shoujo novels. It has a good romance story in it. It's not just "raar! Demon! Die! Die! Die! ". As @laufeyson said there is big love triangle. Heck! Guts and griffith themselves seem overly cozy in that wierd love-hate relationship.

Have you heard of stoicism? Enduring pain with a smile. Get it?

@laufeyson believe it or not the first manga i read was cardcaptor sakura. So, i know guys read shojo. But, still these classifications exist because it helps to know what you are getting when buying a manga.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2020 at 09:48 AM.

All-New Member

Just a reminder, anime like naruto, one piece, hxh, nge and mha dont exist anymore. Superman doesnt need to copy them, until they are purified.
    Last edited by Fresin; 11-24-2020 at 11:06 AM.

All-New Member

What people forget is the Luffy and the Straw Hats are pirates, and pirates by their very profession aren't good people. They may be nice pirates but One Piece makes no excuse that most pirates are bad because they're pirates. They steal, they murder, they enslave people. That's what the average pirate is because Oda is basing his pirates on the pirates of our world. Oda gets around this by making the Straw Hats, many of which started off not being pirates/pirate hunters, fighting worse pirates and making anyone vaguely with governmental authority cartoonishly evil. With exceptions. It's a brutal, exaggerated world. Luffy works there because his selfishness is rewarded and expected of a pirate. He's also incredibly stupid. Luffy's not a super-hero, Superman is.
    straw hats arent murders or traditional.pirates, there pretty much sea bound heroic vigilantes as a hobby as they seek out helping others for free as much as going on a adventure.
    Last edited by Fresin; 11-24-2020 at 11:21 AM.

All-New Member

Luffy only does things because he's friends with someone, if Robin wasn't going to Impel Down he wouldn't do anything about it. He's incredibly passive until others attack him or people he loves. Superman saves people because it's the right thing to do.
    Luffy has a superheroes empathy and instinct to do the right thing reguardless. Hes saved plenty of people for no reason, including children in danger.

Nor basically, she IS Diana and Clark's daughter. What are they doing in Japan? Beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresin View Post
    straw hats are murders or traditional.pirates, there pretty much sea bound heroic vigilantes as a hobby as they seek out helping others for free as much as going on a adventure.
    did you mean "strawhats aren't murderers or traditional pirates".Then,this is what i am talking about.Luffy is a "Peace Main" pirate.There are two kinds of pirates in one piece world.Just like there are two kinds of lawbreakers in dcu like joker and batman.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Shonens have a large female following and some shoujos like Sailor Moon or Pre-cure have a male fanbase. It just has to do with which characters the reader are supposed to identify. In shonen Male MCs get more focus, while in shoujo the story revolves around the female characters.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?