Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Have you seen Wait Seiya or Knights of the Zodiac?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Have you seen Wait Seiya or Knights of the Zodiac?
    Of course, I did. Saint Seiya is my elementary school jam. I also already read Sainthia Shou, Lost Canvas, Episode G, Episode G: Assassin, and Next Dimension. I am a big fan of Kurumada in general. I like nearly all of his works, despite some of them aren't as good as the others. But the guy really write Shonen into Shonen Jump.

Edit: If I am not mistaken the artist of Lost Canvas, Shiori Teshirogi, authored JL manga, right? I heard that it flops, but that's such a shame, because Lost Canvas is one of the best Saint Seiya stuff out there.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-26-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Of course, I did. Saint Seiya is my elementary school jam. I also already read Sainthia Shou, Lost Canvas, Episode G, Episode G: Assassin, and Next Dimension. I am a big fan of Kurumada in general. I like nearly all of his works, despite some of them aren't as good as the others. But the guy really write Shonen into Shonen Jump.

Edit: If I am not mistaken the artist of Lost Canvas, Shiori Teshirogi, authored JL manga, right? I heard that it flops, but that's such a shame, because Lost Canvas is one of the best Saint Seiya stuff out there.
    I just watched all the season in Netflix and it reminded me how well Superman would work in an anime format.

BANNED

I just watched all the season in Netflix and it reminded me how well Superman would work in an anime format.
    Oh, there are full seasons of Netflix in your region! That's so cool! In my region, there is only the suck Knight of Zodiacs. But, still, you have a pretty interesting idea there. Usually, you will say Thor the moment you watched Saint Seiya because of it's mythology used, but still Superman in Kurumada style dialogue might be awesome.

Superman: In my body is the power of one million suns and burn all of it my suns! Burn and become my power to surpass Zod!!!!!????

For a guy who draws a bishonen (pretty boy), the guy really adds the ham and manly lines into them. Truly the father of shonen pretty boy.

Edit: The best shonen ending ever
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-27-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Well idk about Thor, but the Saints and their mythology would fit fight in with Wonder Woman lore. Like athena gather boys from all over the world and trains them to be aher own Superman level defenders of the peace

Also Sad Brothers is the best OSTin the show

BANNED

Well idk about Thor, but the Saints and their mythology would fit fight in with Wonder Woman lore. Like athena gather boys from all over the world and trains them to be aher own Superman level defenders of the peace

Also Sad Brothers is the best OSTin the show
    I think it's hard for Wonder Woman to fit into Saint Seiya because of the difference in point of view between the two. Wonder Woman is about a female warrior with no male warrior while Saint Seiya only male can be Saint for the woman to become a saint they need to throw their femininity away which clashed with Wonder Woman message. So it's harder, but Thor can work with... You see, I don't know about how far Netflix goes, but they're supposed to be four generations of Pegasus saints in the story.

Seiya, Tenma, Koga, and the first Pegasus saint. So my idea of that is the epic retelling of Saint Seiya with focus on those four a la Jason Aaron's Thor where Jason Aaron focus on Young Thor, Thor, and Old King Thor. Added with Jason Aaron narratic storytelling of Thor and big splash page by Esad Ribic, I believe it will be rejuvenated Seiny Seiya.

I think it would fit well at least in the WW universe. Kinda juxtaposition is. But as far as Superman goes it does remind me a bit of him. God, Superman would actually be a very popular manga series done right.

BANNED

I think it would fit well at least in the WW universe. Kinda juxtaposition is. But as far as Superman goes it does remind me a bit of him. God, Superman would actually be a very popular manga series done right.
    If I want to be honest with you, Seiya is the last person I think resemble Superman, because he is a simp/s. Though Superman can be a very popular manga series is... Dependent on the author, artist, and luck once again. But, mostly luck.

So what exactly take for DC to branch out to Japan?

BANNED

A long term relationship with Squarenix/Shueisha/Shogakukan/Kodansha/Akita Shoten/Kadokawa/Houbunsha.

Especially with Kadokawa or Houbunsha so we can see Supergirl in Cute Girl Doing Cute Thing genre and joined Kirara Fantasia lol.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-30-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Having a clear cut "beginning, middle, and end" kind of thing. As well as consistency (moreso than what comic book fans are used to). Aside from that, a strong story with great characterization. You can leave what "city"/"country" Supes is in ambigious, so as to more appeal to those outside of English speaking countries. Like DBZ did with its alternate Earth.
    Multiverse is fine, as other series have done it (most recent I know of being Dragon Ball Super, and the Tenchi Muyo franchise over the years).

For storyline... I don't know. There's a lot of big hits out there, and done in different ways. My Hero Academia is super heroes anime/manga and huge right now, One Piece has been going strong since the 90s, Attack on Titan still has quite the following... So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Having a clear cut "beginning, middle, and end" kind of thing. As well as consistency (moreso than what comic book fans are used to). Aside from that, a strong story with great characterization. You can leave what "city"/"country" Supes is in ambigious, so as to more appeal to those outside of English speaking countries. Like DBZ did with its alternate Earth.
    Multiverse is fine, as other series have done it (most recent I know of being Dragon Ball Super, and the Tenchi Muyo franchise over the years).

For storyline... I don't know. There's a lot of big hits out there, and done in different ways. My Hero Academia is super heroes anime/manga and huge right now, One Piece has been going strong since the 90s, Attack on Titan still has quite the following... So yeah.
    They should work with Manhwa/Manga/Manhua artists to make a self-contained comic with new characters like Marvel did with Aero and Swordmaster. Seems like the language barrier wasn't a huge issue between the writers and artists.

Since Korean/Chinese webtoons still use color and gained popularity in Japan too, I don't think it has to be an exact carbon copy of Mangas.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    A long term relationship with Squarenix/Shueisha/Shogakukan/Kodansha/Akita Shoten/Kadokawa/Houbunsha.

Especially with Kadokawa or Houbunsha so we can see Supergirl in Cute Girl Doing Cute Thing genre and joined Kirara Fantasia lol.
    pretty much,this.Form tie ups and license out characters.Get someone high profile to write for advertisement.As a sort of precausion,the writer should have some knowledge of source material.Which isn't much of necessity.(Superman has been around for 80 years.He has means different things to different people.If writer really wants to a reference point for adapting superman.Give them siegel,maggin,moore,morrison,...etc).Let the writers go nuts with a story that has a voice,a meaning,a start,a finish and an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Having a beggining,middle and an endis not a bad idea. In fact not having that it's what hurts western comics the most.

Having a beggining,middle and an endis not a bad idea. In fact not having that it's what hurts western comics the most.
    Agreed. Even though One Piece has been ongoing since the 90s, the creator has stated he has an ending for the series. When that will be, I don't know. But he has one. Even the Dragon Ball franchise, as influential as it has been, was over for 20+ years before Super and Battle of the Gods came out.