Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah!true, but it still followed a seasonal approach. I am not saying there aren't franchises like that.But,the creators atleast have a choice there. I have mentioned pokemon as well. The post was to show that if an author had something to say with the character. They would return. Otherwise, if anyone else has an idea they just need to pitch. The difference between creator and company is that.Creator will be more critical, he would have a love/relationship with the characters, stories... Etc and would have an understanding of the character. The company suits would only have superficial attachment if any. Their goal would be primarily making money. The JL theatrical cut is an example of a soulless entity thus being created.

Always knew superman and sun wukong were alike. This settles it. Lol!
    Admittedly with the Big Two the creators' connection to their characters has become less and less direct, some through less than stellar business practices, but I also feel that there have been positive contributions to the franchise without their direct involvement.

Seriously we should get a Superman manga

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    if osamu tezuka were alive he would have loved to do it himself.Make superman popular in japan,thereby reach the world.He loved superman.He was the honorary chairman of Japan's Superman Fan Club.I think Hayao Miyazaki loves the character as well.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

A My Hero Academia/DC crossover comic drawn and posted by CKD-Duck on the Superman Reddit forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...ossover_comic/

A really nice, sweet comic that highlights the similarity that Superman and Deku both had their first superhero suits made by their mothers

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    A My Hero Academia/DC crossover comic drawn and posted by CKD-Duck on the Superman Reddit forum: https://www.reddit.com/r/superman/co...ossover_comic/

A really nice, sweet comic that highlights the similarity that Superman and Deku both had their first superhero suits made by their mothers

while,i hate the notion of superman being conveyed as a dork. I don't particulary care for superman's suit being made into just an underpants suit his mom made(He wears the suit cause he is circus strongman.It's for showing off his physique).I am for superman being that laid back about it.Clark would be debonair like that.That wink is superman to a t.Also,allmight had deku being trained like a strongman.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-12-2020 at 03:39 AM.

It would actually be a good idea and would make Superman more popular in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Does that manga with the Justice League count?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Superman is in the same class as fictional characters like Sherlock Holmes who influenced Japanese popular fiction even for characters who aren't Superman analogues. I already made my point of how Astro Boy and Grendizer were influenced by Superman in the past but recently I discovered another popular Manga/Anime character has been influenced by the character.

Conan Edogawa (real name: Shinichi Kudo) from Detective Conan aka. Case Close.

Conannnnn.jpg

Shinichi Kudo is a high school student and a detective who solves difficult cases for the police. During one of his investigations, he is attacked by members of a criminal organization called the Black Organization and who in an attempt to silence the teen detective forced him to take an experimental poison. However, due to a rare side-effect, he shrinks to the form of a young child. In order to keep his true identity a secret, he now goes under the alias Conan Edogawa and pretends to be a real child to throw off suspicion while he secretly solves many cases and looks for clues about the organization.

While Shinichi Kudo's alias "Conan Edogawa" from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, creator of Sherlock Holmes, and Edogawa Ranpo, the pen-name of the Japanese Fictional Mystery writer Hirai Tarō. The manga's author Gosho Aoyama confirmed that Conan Edogawa's use of glasses as part of his disguise was modeled after Superman's alter-ego Clark Kent.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Idk i preferred one of him solo

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's called batman and justice league.Nope!i would prefer clark being not in the league to that kinda nonesense.The batman and friends thing needs to die.Moreover,it's killing the brand value as it's own.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post

Conan Edogawa (real name: Shinichi Kudo) from Detective Conan aka. Case Close.
    Ah!detective conan.I can't believe he skipped my mind.i haven't watched that show in ages.That show has a nice variation of the glasses act.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-16-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

A Superman manga that is just the regular status quo sounds a bit boring, but if they were able to just do their own long-form beginning, middle and end Superman manga, I think that could be very cool and reach a market the traditional comics don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    A Superman manga that is just the regular status quo sounds a bit boring, but if they were able to just do their own long-form beginning, middle and end Superman manga, I think that could be very cool and reach a market the traditional comics don't.
    That's the point isn't it? Hero's journey?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

It kills me because if there's anything I think about, it's the ways how to and how not to bridge the gap. They do X-Men anime, Bat Manga, etc and that stuff is like Fruit Stripe gum. Would anyone become a Superman fan from that kind of effort?

There's that strip backbone Superman has that carries over maybe as well as Segar or Barks, and then that dry sci-fi quirkiness. I wouldn't bother writing comics because my only interest would be in Superman, but if I ever got right to it I'd love doing a manga. If I were to go with a manga writer who could pull it off it would be Masaya Tokuhiro or Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member

The first time I read the title of this thread, my first thought was thought was immediately to think of All Might.

In all seriousness, if All Might doesn't prove there is nothing 'dated' or 'boring' of Superman, I don't know what does. The fact a character like that can become so recognized and be part of a massively successful manga like that is a sign that Superman can do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It kills me because if there's anything I think about, it's the ways how to and how not to bridge the gap. They do X-Men anime, Bat Manga, etc and that stuff is like Fruit Stripe gum. Would anyone become a Superman fan from that kind of effort?

There's that strip backbone Superman has that carries over maybe as well as Segar or Barks, and then that dry sci-fi quirkiness. I wouldn't bother writing comics because my only interest would be in Superman, but if I ever got right to it I'd love doing a manga. If I were to go with a manga writer who could pull it off it would be Masaya Tokuhiro or Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro
    You read toriko?Also,i too believe the old news paper strips are a great foundation for a superman manga.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 01-08-2021 at 06:31 PM.