Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Luffy only does things because he's friends with someone, if Robin wasn't going to Impel Down he wouldn't do anything about it. He's incredibly passive until others attack him or people he loves. Superman saves people because it's the right thing to do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    how is it a moral of villain?No,being a pirate in opverse and real world is bad.It's just luffy is good and does what's right.Moreover,being a superhero in our world would be bad as well.Why?cause superheroes advocate vigilante justice and they are essentially criminals.Being batman or superman in real life would mean you would be behind bars ,in a jail.And from that i am going to come to where you both are wrong.this is fundamentally what you don't seem to get.Superman's world isn't real world.Superman as created by siegel and shuster is allegorical character and his world is metropolis,not new york.
    to quote Alan moore,
    "This is an imaginary story.Aren't they all?"
    Oda seems to be in agreement
    "This is a dream like story.A laughtale"
    it is because it is a fictional story that you root for either batman or superman.DCU is a world of good criminal/vigilantes whom you call superheroes.

Forgive me,for being concise.I am a bit tied up.I don't mean to be rude.I did read the whole reply.But,this is the only thing i can reply on.
    It's clear from this that you are not reading most of my posts, because everything you ask, I already answer all of it in my previous posts.

Seriously WTF is DC doing. Why havent we gotten a Superman anime yet? Seems like its tailer-made for Shonen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Seriously WTF is DC doing. Why havent we gotten a Superman anime yet? Seems like its tailer-made for Shonen.
    There is supposed to be an anime short promotional by David Production about Max Landis' Superman: American Alien, but I heard that David Pro bail out for Captain Tsubasa. Though if anyone interest in comic, I am sure it will be MAPPA or MADHOUSE. Those two are usually the most excited about western type anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    There is supposed to be an anime short promotional by David Production about Max Landis' Superman: American Alien, but I heard that David Pro bail out for Captain Tsubasa. Though if anyone interest in comic, I am sure it will be MAPPA or MADHOUSE. Those two are usually the most excited about western type anime.
    ...Seriously??? Where did you get this info?

BANNED

...Seriously??? Where did you get this info?
    From the project website of David Production, but now the only project DC that made by them are Baby Superman. But, it's news from 5 years ago.

From the project website of David Production, but now the only project DC that made by them are Baby Superman. But, it's news from 5 years ago.
    David Production...They gonna make Clark look like Jotaro?

BANNED

David Production...They gonna make Clark look like Jotaro?
    I believe it's supposed to be like Francis Manapul art from the pre-productional design with the color of Jojo part 4. I believe it's gonna be like Man of Tomorrow, but the animation is more fluid.... I might be wrong, but I remember the title of that short promotional is Man of Tomorrow.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It's clear from this that you are not reading most of my posts, because everything you ask, I already answer all of it in my previous posts.
    "Pirates are not tied down to moral obligations, and live outside the merits of man/social status."
    i am actually,i just couldn't reply to the whole thing.Vigilantes live outside the societal structures as well.They a giant tower in the sky and a hall.Many Extreme situations require extreme measures.You are saying superman helps people because of moral obligation.What about choice?how is it morality if it's not a choice?People are not robots.Goldenage superman didn't help people because it was his duty.He was doing the right thing because of his nature and nurture.Superman is'nt spiderman.Superman isn't "With great power comes great Obligation". Superman is "Morality is a choice".you can either be lex or superman.You can either be luffy or blackbeard.How can behaviour akin to robots by humans fullfilling societal obligations be called morality?I refuse to believe automation is morality.It is not even intelligence.How can it be wisdom to know right from wrong?

"Being a pirate is inherently selfish"

Yet,Luffy performs the most selfless acts in the series.He didn't have to punch a celestial dragon or dig to get rain for a complete stranger.But,he did it.Many of didn't end good for luffy as well.Superman did'nt have to save lois and blow his cover as just an urban myth in goldenage.But,he did it.That didn't end well either.Superman was hunted down by the police.Luffy thinks of himself as selfish.I myself think of myself as selfish as well.Maybe i am or maybe not.If oda himself thinks luffy is meant to be chivalrous samurai who is altruistic.why do you say otherwise?
    And i also question the implicit assertion of
    "superheroes are inherently altruistic"
    which comes from the above statement of pirates being selfish.A label means nothing.Actions mean everything.To be superman ,you have to act like it.For me,Luffy quintessential successor to goldenage superman.i disagree,luffy would pummel mongul until he is dead.As if that's how luffy works.He ain't blackbeard.Yes,he would pummel if the guy does not yield.You have nothing to prove that luffy kills let alone does something like that.Goldenage superman on the other hand has a body count.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-14-2020 at 09:34 PM.

I believe it's supposed to be like Francis Manapul art from the pre-productional design with the color of Jojo part 4. I believe it's gonna be like Man of Tomorrow, but the animation is more fluid.... I might be wrong, but I remember the title of that short promotional is Man of Tomorrow.
    TBH I always thought Jotaro looks like Clark.

BANNED

TBH I always thought Jotaro looks like Clark.
    Lol, Jotaro is Clint Eastwood. Jonathan is Superman. But, not gonna lie, Superman swimming with a dolphin and going to Egypt to defeat Ragal Zor alongside with Jor El is cool though. But, let's just say he must be careful with Jesse Custer.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-14-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Lol Jotaro is Clint Eastwood. Jonathan is Superman.
    They all look like Jonathan in a certain way. But I always felt that Jotaro shared the same likeness with Clark. Speaking off, which one of the Joestars resemble Clark the most?

BANNED

They all look like Jonathan in a certain way. But I always felt that Jotaro shared the same likeness with Clark. Speaking off, which one of the Joestars resemble Clark the most?
    Lol, that show how much Araki suck at drawing. It's like aside from stands and clothes the guy just half assed the character designs. The closest Joestars to Clark I believe is Jonathan Joestar. Jotaro is too rigid, Joseph is too random, Josuke is too lenient, Giorno is too full of himself, Jolyne is too rebellious, Johhny is uncharismatic by himself, and Gappy is psycopath. Jonathan Joestar is the kindest and most noble out of all Joestars, because he is british gentleman, but he is also not too gentle as he is also the most scary when he is angry according to Dio, so I believe he is the closest to Clark and Superman.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Ripple energy uses the sun or mimics the sun doesn't it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ripple energy uses the sun or mimics the sun doesn't it?
    Hamon mimics the sun which is a bullshit explanation (Araraki's word). At it's core is supposed to be a mix of Qigosiming and psychic power from Babel II.