Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    Yeah, they love heroes journey, but I believe they love waifu more .

To be fair, I think it would be interesting as an elseworld where Clark landed in Japan rather than Jonathan got a job there or something. Or, or, if we want to take SSSS Gridman as lesson, maybe we can make it that Clark is transported into the Japanese city that is essentially Metropolis meet Tokyo made by Brainiac. In there Superman is deaged back into his teen years, stripped out of his memories. Determined to uncover who is he and why he has such power, he has two mission to fulfill: finding who himself and be a hero to people of that city against various supervillain.

The city in my mind had one distinct characteristics which is everything will have memory reset after Superman saved the day and any casualities will be forgotten immediately.
    It sounds a bit convoluted though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    It sounds a bit convoluted though.
    Really? I think I am bit biased here, but I think it's not that convulted. It's just essentially another world anime mix with comic book stories. It's essentially like reverse 1985 where instead of the comic come into our world, it's Superman come into comic world created by an imagination of someone. If SSSS Gridman, Denkou Choujin Gridman, and Haruhi Suzumiya can pull it off (it's a toku show and anime for children), i don't think it's that convulted for kid to enjoy.

In fact I think kid and teen will love it if it's a bit convulted. The thing is kid doesn't love a show that too aimed into kid while teen wants something more complex to satify their urge about growing up. An overly kid story or mundane story like Boku no Hero won't do if Superman need to show in Japan because their audience will clash, a twist into the concept is needed to bring an audience a new fresh air.

I said that, but I copy Haruhi's Eight and Gridman's main plot lol.

BANNED

Superman is just such a big cultural influence on anime and manga.
    Potentially through comic strip, television and cartoon?
    Astroboy, Dragonball, maybe even Ultraman, all those are in some way inspired by Superman.

BANNED

EAxOBfTXUAABWU6.jpg

227656dcbef5fbd628697488e98baca1.jpg

Manga greatest cameo in comic. Lupin appeared alongside Superfriend in newspaper advert. Sasuga Lupin.
    Last edited by Laufeyson; 11-16-2020 at 08:51 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except that isn't seen as bad for Luffy, despite the fact this trait encompasses why people think pirates are bad. Because they're selfish and look after number one.
    Wrong pirates is one piece verse are of two kinds. Luffy is pirate because pirates are free from opression. His flag is his symbol of conviction. Moreover, A pirate in the world of One Piece is anyone who raises a Jolly Roger, whether they commit an act of piracy or not.There are two types of pirates in one piece world peace mains and morganeers. Peace mains are adventurer or those that defy world government. Morganeers are traditional pirates. As said, luffy has been more altruistic than marines. He sacrificed himself more than enough times when he didn't have to. Moreover, wanting something for yourself and being passionate about something in life ain't selfishness.fantastic four is an adventurer family . Also, goldenage superman wasn't in th business of improving society. He was just doing the right thing. Constructing a society wasn't his business.

I don't care if superman kill or doesn't kill. Prankster isn't what i would call goldenage superman. That was more silverage superman with superdickery. Goldenage superman was more on the revolutionary side of things.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades
    dark knight returns has white knight superman.

No, luffy is right cause he was fighting for his and others life. Superman was being complacent which caused devastation. He could have contained the situation. But, he didn't .That was failure on his part. As if you need a placard to show doomsday is bad and destructive. Luffy doesn't need giant board that says "rob lucci is a government's assassin. He needs to be beaten otherwise luffy would be killed". Luffy has instinct.

No, siegel and shuster superman and earth two are not the same character. The company decided to throw redundant things from superman onto another earth. That doesn't make that character goldenage superman. No matter how hard anyone moans. Superman belongs to his creators. Not you. Not me. Not even the company. Its as simple as that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-16-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Really? I think I am bit biased here, but I think it's not that convulted. It's just essentially another world anime mix with comic book stories. It's essentially like reverse 1985 where instead of the comic come into our world, it's Superman come into comic world created by an imagination of someone. If SSSS Gridman, Denkou Choujin Gridman, and Haruhi Suzumiya can pull it off (it's a toku show and anime for children), i don't think it's that convulted for kid to enjoy.

In fact I think kid and teen will love it if it's a bit convulted. The thing is kid doesn't love a show that too aimed into kid while teen wants something more complex to satify their urge about growing up. An overly kid story or mundane story like Boku no Hero won't do if Superman need to show in Japan because their audience will clash, a twist into the concept is needed to bring an audience a new fresh air.

I said that, but I copy Haruhi's Eight and Gridman's main plot lol.
    What would be the story if Superman lands on Japan?

BANNED

There was a JLA Shogun of Steel story where Superman lands in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    There was a JLA Shogun of Steel story where Superman lands in Japan.
    But more modern times

BANNED

In my mind to make it work I will mix several stories such as Huck, Superman American Alien, Secret Origin, and Secret Identity. The start is usual Krypton destruction, but thanks to rotation of Earth, instead of crashing to Kansas, Clark landed to Akita and found by pair of old rice farmer. Because the pair never had a child, they adopted him and cared him with great care. They named him Clark because of his likeness to the Superman origin story that they watched a long time ago. Clark grew up with care of the two old rice farmer and Clark himself grew into a kind-hearted boy, until one day his power awaken and he flew from his bed into the sky.

That's the start of his journey, he is Superman.

At first in my imagination, Clark is inspired by Anpanman and started to dress like Anpanman with red blanket, blue jeans, and blue t-shirt and do a good deed each day, helping people in his small town with smile because that's what Anpanman do. He can't take his head to give food for people, but he has super speed, superpower, and can fly so he will just do manual labor. Everything is good until the media start to leak and try to find the so-called Superboy which resulted to his first meeting with his nemesis, an american name Lex Luthor who try to frame and capture him.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tanjiro.

In my mind to make it work I will mix several stories such as Huck, Superman American Alien, Secret Origin, and Secret Identity. The start is usual Krypton destruction, but thanks to rotation of Earth, instead of crashing to Kansas, Clark landed to Akita and found by pair of old rice farmer. Because the pair never had a child, they adopted him and cared him with great care. They named him Clark because of his likeness to the Superman origin story that they watched a long time ago. Clark grew up with care of the two old rice farmer and Clark himself grew into a kind-hearted boy, until one day his power awaken and he flew from his bed into the sky.

That's the start of his journey, he is Superman.

At first in my imagination, Clark is inspired by Anpanman and started to dress like Anpanman with red blanket, blue jeans, and blue t-shirt and do a good deed each day, helping people in his small town with smile because that's what Anpanman do. He can't take his head to give food for people, but he has super speed, superpower, and can fly so he will just do manual labor. Everything is good until the media start to leak and try to find the so-called Superboy which resulted to his first meeting with his nemesis, an american name Lex Luthor who try to frame and capture him.
    Sorry, but "Clark" from a rural farming community in Japan? Maybe if one of the parents was English or American. But otherwise, I simply wouldn't see that happening. Hell, being called "Son Goku" would be more likely (despite the similarities) because Dragon Ball is more well known there. Even then, it would be more likely to be a regular Japanese name, maybe with a slight reference to his past.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Sorry, but "Clark" from a rural farming community in Japan? Maybe if one of the parents was English or American. But otherwise, I simply wouldn't see that happening. Hell, being called "Son Goku" would be more likely (despite the similarities) because Dragon Ball is more well known there. Even then, it would be more likely to be a regular Japanese name, maybe with a slight reference to his past.
    What is the Japanese equivalent of Clark?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    You are right I don't have name for Clark, so I half assed there lol. But the thing is Tanjiro is too old name, maybe something like Kawano. But it's hard to find the similarity of Clark in Japanese. TO be honest I want something rhyme with Momotaro, because Clark is a baby found by a couple of old people in pod. I want it just for pun of it.

You are right I don't have name for Clark, so I half assed there lol. But the thing is Tanjiro is too old name, maybe something like Kawano. But it's hard to find the similarity of Clark in Japanese. TO be honest I want something rhyme with Momotaro, because Clark is a baby found by a couple of old people in pod. I want it just for pun of it.
    Kurado? Maybe?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Wrong pirates is one piece verse are of two kinds. Luffy is pirate because pirates are free from opression. His flag is his symbol of conviction. Moreover, A pirate in the world of One Piece is anyone who raises a Jolly Roger, whether they commit an act of piracy or not.There are two types of pirates in one piece world peace mains and morganeers. Peace mains are adventurer or those that defy world government. Morganeers are traditional pirates. As said, luffy has been more altruistic than marines. He sacrificed himself more than enough times when he didn't have to. Moreover, wanting something for yourself and being passionate about something in life ain't selfishness.fantastic four is an adventurer family . Also, goldenage superman wasn't in th business of improving society. He was just doing the right thing. Constructing a society wasn't his business.
    A pirate is still a pirate, that's why the Straw Hats remain under that umbrella. Defying the government is just routine pirate activity in any context - they are outlaws by simply being pirates. Because One Piece wants Luffy to be semi-heroic, the audience would turn on him quickly if the Maines were actually good. That FF comment was random. Shapeshifting the argument about what Golden Age Superman represents once again. Except pirates in One Piece are known for going overboard with their passions, they're larger than life exaggerated figures.

I don't care if superman kill or doesn't kill. Prankster isn't what i would call goldenage superman. That was more silverage superman with superdickery. Goldenage superman was more on the revolutionary side of things.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Crusades
    dark knight returns has white knight superman.
    Of course you do, or we wouldn't have had numerous conversations about super-heroism killing, with on the sie of supporting people like Damien Wayne when he decapitated the Spook. Both were pranksters, Golden Age Superman wouldn't scare anyone like an edgy super-hero that much in the modern day with his mischief in the DCU. And how does that link connect to that Superman being a white knight?

No, luffy is right cause he was fighting for his and others life. Superman was being complacent which caused devastation. He could have contained the situation. But, he didn't .That was failure on his part. As if you need a placard to show doomsday is bad and destructive. Luffy doesn't need giant board that says "rob lucci is a government's assassin. He needs to be beaten otherwise luffy would be killed". Luffy has instinct.
    This isn't about facts, this is about what character is liked, and that's Luffy. He can do no wrong, any Superman that isn't S & S's? He's bad for merely existing. Excuses. Luffy's a moron who gets lucky and is backed by a team of people who are the brains, all Superman had was himself and limited information about Doomsday. What was going on with Lucci was far more up front than Doomsday. Completely ignoring Yu Yu Hakusho, as expected, I never would have guessed Yusuke was a loser. But then this would make Luffy himself a loser when he got outwitted by Crocodile in their first match, like Doomsday he didn't know the score going in.

No, siegel and shuster superman and earth two are not the same character. The company decided to throw redundant things from superman onto another earth. That doesn't make that character goldenage superman. No matter how hard anyone moans. Superman belongs to his creators. Not you. Not me. Not even the company. Its as simple as that.
    Deny it all you want, they remain the same person. That's just DC evolving the character, like they do that everybody else. That's canon according to DC. Siegel and Shuster are his creators but they didn't own him, they sold him to DC - this wasn't an independent comic.