Default Weakest Dragon Ball character that cab beat Thanos?

Haven't been keeping up with Super as such so who's the weakest these days that can beat 616 Thanos?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Goku's got the whole universe-shuddering thing, and at this moment, Frieza, Hit, and 17 are probably the lowest three who are still convincingly enough in his tier to have that be relevant for them (in the case of Hit and Frieza, they had actual all-out fights with him).
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Probably Gohan.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Actually, does this have to be Super era?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I wonder if Ginyu's "change now" would work. Not sure if that's a psychic, spiritual, or just ki can do anything attack.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

In my opinion buu probably has a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Actually, does this have to be Super era?
    No. I just figured that Super clarifies canon like Frieza planet busting and whatnot so what I basically mean is canon versions of characters from DB to present

Who's the weakest by feats? Are there characters yet that we can safely say can beat Odin? I'm going with Thanos because the last thing short of straight up cosmics and its probably a less controversial thing to settle feat wise

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The top tier main characters right now are several significant power ups beyond a fight threatening to destroy the universe as a side effect, so I'd imagine yes, but all I really know about Odin is that he's generally cited as a multi-galaxy-buster.

It's a bit tougher to say where the b-listers are at in terms of how much stronger they've gotten since Z, because they've mostly fought either relatively unknown characters, or main characters who were blatantly holding back.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    No. I just figured that Super clarifies canon like Frieza planet busting and whatnot so what I basically mean is canon versions of characters from DB to present

Who's the weakest by feats? Are there characters yet that we can safely say can beat Odin? I'm going with Thanos because the last thing short of straight up cosmics and its probably a less controversial thing to settle feat wise
    Bleh. Sadly, a LOT of these characters only get their feats from a scaled system. How they perform against their peers. It's a fine way of figuring things out, but it doesn't feel as neat and tidy as many of Thanos' or Odin's stuff because we can clearly compare a lot of it to real world phenomena.

Hmm. Z era Vegito. Probably the weakest. He was fantastically more powerful then a version of Buu who could make cracks in reality. These guys could planet bust with a sorta bored one handed no-charge blast. That should be enough for Thanos at least.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Goku's got the whole universe-shuddering thing, and at this moment, Frieza, Hit, and 17 are probably the lowest three who are still convincingly enough in his tier to have that be relevant for them (in the case of Hit and Frieza, they had actual all-out fights with him).
    In my mind, I equate 17 as closer to Surfer in that they're both very versatile compared to most others and with an infinite energy reserve (or at least near-infinite in Surfer's case), but can't hold a candle to Thanos.

But that's just me. My proof is rather limited, admittedly. But as far as form and function goes I feel like 17 and Surfer have a lot in common, more than, say, Goku and Surfer or 17 and Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I wonder if Ginyu's "change now" would work. Not sure if that's a psychic, spiritual, or just ki can do anything attack.
    I don't see why not. Ginyu was able to upgrade to more and more naturally powerful bodies, but couldn't tap into Goku's true power because that came from training. Thanos is naturally powerful. Again with the analogies, I feel like it's similar to Dr. Doom's Ovoid mind transfer, in which in most cases brute power difference wasn't a barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    In my opinion buu probably has a shot.
    Probably, yeah. It's interesting too that as far as anyone can tell, Buu didn't get a real power up between Z and Super, just that Buu's base strength is strong enough to carry over into Super. Still, Buu is magical whereas Thanos, cosmic or not, is still reliant on standard physics. While Thanos does have a degree of arcane knowledge, he definitely isn't on the level of Dr. Strange or Buu. While Buu is powerful, Thanos is particularly more vulnerable to Buu than to almost anyone else *including* the top tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    The top tier main characters right now are several significant power ups beyond a fight threatening to destroy the universe as a side effect, so I'd imagine yes, but all I really know about Odin is that he's generally cited as a multi-galaxy-buster.

It's a bit tougher to say where the b-listers are at in terms of how much stronger they've gotten since Z, because they've mostly fought either relatively unknown characters, or main characters who were blatantly holding back.
    SSB Goku and Vegeta's loss to Frieza in Resurrection F reminded me of Thanos vs. the Champion -- both Frieza and Thanos beat their physically superior foes by blowing up the planets they were on, causing no real harm to each other but essentially stranding them (and allowing Vegeta to die in the vacuum of space).

While it's true the top tier DB characters are far beyond planet-busting (dishing and taking), I do imagine Thanos to fight dirty just like Frieza, and that's always fun to watch. I also don't think we need a top tier Super character to beat Thanos, but the mid-level characters kept getting eliminated in the Universal Tournament due to fighting dirty (yeah yeah, Khazan rules and all that, but still).