Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Carol Danvers is like the Roman Reigns of Marvel at this point.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...mjolnir-canon/

Being able to lift Mjolnir and Cap's shield used to be something rare and awe inspiring, now it's used as a joke (see current avengers run with the Brood), it's really no big shocker with the way Thor and mjolnir have been written in the last 5 years imo.

They will keep trying to push Carol to a position as their Wonder Woman analogue and top babyface, especially in the MCU next phase, I can get that.

But until Captain Marvel sells consistent good numbers for an extended run (if marvel let's anyone not called Aaron or Hickman have a long run these days), I would question if it was really Worth it.

Since Thor is allfather now, if I were him, I'd definitely get that worthiness enchantment sorted out, no more lending his powers, I'd be getting it name tagged and family members only at the most. Oh and also get rid of that Mother Storm nonsense. If only someone at Marvel remembers the Odinforce.

I'm just gonna say it, making a character overpowered doesn't make them interesting. And making them suddenly way more powerful without explanation is just poor writing especially if it happens at the expense of other big name heroes and their fans.

Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 12-23-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.