Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Default Carol Danvers is like the Roman Reigns of Marvel at this point.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...mjolnir-canon/

Being able to lift Mjolnir and Cap's shield used to be something rare and awe inspiring, now it's used as a joke (see current avengers run with the Brood), it's really no big shocker with the way Thor and mjolnir have been written in the last 5 years imo.

They will keep trying to push Carol to a position as their Wonder Woman analogue and top babyface, especially in the MCU next phase, I can get that.

But until Captain Marvel sells consistent good numbers for an extended run (if marvel let's anyone not called Aaron or Hickman have a long run these days), I would question if it was really Worth it.

Since Thor is allfather now, if I were him, I'd definitely get that worthiness enchantment sorted out, no more lending his powers, I'd be getting it name tagged and family members only at the most. Oh and also get rid of that Mother Storm nonsense. If only someone at Marvel remembers the Odinforce.

I'm just gonna say it, making a character overpowered doesn't make them interesting. And making them suddenly way more powerful without explanation is just poor writing especially if it happens at the expense of other big name heroes and their fans.

Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 12-23-2019 at 03:36 PM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

Some of this post looks a lot like a post I made elsewhere on here, almost like a quote that isn't

???

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Some of this post looks a lot like a post I made elsewhere on here, almost like a quote that isn't

???
    To be honest. Your post is what convinced me to start this new thread. I admit i paraphrased a bit but that's because it's very similar to my opinion on the matter.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Captain Marvel became a boring character as soon as they decided to push her. There's no love put into art when you're just trying to meet a quota.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Captain Marvel became a boring character as soon as they decided to push her. There's no love put into art when you're just trying to meet a quota.
    Why not having her go through trippy adventures with Cosmic Awareness and the entity Eon?

BANNED

What is the point here?
    Seriously you're complaining about a cover and an Instagram post, if you're gonna make a thread make it over something that's worth talking about, don't make one because a cover apparently triggers you.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Why not having her go through trippy adventures with Cosmic Awareness and the entity Eon?
    Now you listen here...that's not a bad idea. I'd rather read trippy/amusing Captain Marvel than wannabe Captain America Carol Danvers.

Astonishing Member

To be honest. Your post is what convinced me to start this new thread. I admit i paraphrased a bit but that's because it's very similar to my opinion on the matter.
    Ok, that's fine,

Ok, that's fine,
    No problem friend.

Yeah sure feminism carl manvers brie larson racist white sjw marvel smh

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...mjolnir-canon/

Being able to lift Mjolnir and Cap's shield used to be something rare and awe inspiring, now it's used as a joke (see current avengers run with the Brood), it's really no big shocker with the way Thor and mjolnir have been written in the last 5 years imo.

They will keep trying to push Carol to a position as their Wonder Woman analogue and top babyface, especially in the MCU next phase, I can get that.

But until Captain Marvel sells consistent good numbers for an extended run (if marvel let's anyone not called Aaron or Hickman have a long run these days), I would question if it was really Worth it.

Since Thor is allfather now, if I were him, I'd definitely get that worthiness enchantment sorted out, no more lending his powers, I'd be getting it name tagged and family members only at the most. Oh and also get rid of that Mother Storm nonsense. If only someone at Marvel remembers the Odinforce.

I'm just gonna say it, making a character overpowered doesn't make them interesting. And making them suddenly way more powerful without explanation is just poor writing especially if it happens at the expense of other big name heroes and their fans.

Honest question, when did we decide comic book sales are better measure of success than a BILLION dollar movie plus merchandising?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Honest question, when did we decide comic book sales are better measure of success than a BILLION dollar movie plus merchandising?
    Honest answer

When did we decide a film doing well had much relevance to the merits of the published character

If we're going to not pick links to the MCU I would question how well the film would have done if it wasn't placed just before the culmination of the entire MCU to that point

But that's not the point, we aren't talking about the film, which I thought was decent if not spectacular

We also are not looking to films or TV or other media to day how good a comic book character is or being used by the comic book publisher

By such standards Supergirl would be a huge comic book character (with four plus seasons_which I enjoyed immensely, you could apply the same to arrow, whos books don't do that well either, or aquaman where the big film didn't really change the books following) but her comic doesn't hold to that logic you are applying

Guardians have had two big films, but their books keep getting rebooted coz the numbers don't get sustained

Sure success outside of comics might matter for the company, but when we're talking about the comic book character being successful, we are looking at book numbers, not other media

Thats the measure that's relevant

At least for the purposes of looking at the character in the books

In all honesty I think your point is completely irrelevant

Imo
    Last edited by kilderkin; 12-24-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Honest answer

When did we decide a film doing well had much relevance to the merits of the published character

If we're going to not pick links to the MCU I would question how well the film would have done if it wasn't placed just before the culmination of the entire MCU to that point

But that's not the point, we aren't talking about the film, which I thought was decent if not spectacular

We also are not looking to films or TV or other media to day how good a comic book character is or being used by the comic book publisher

By such standards Supergirl would be a huge comic book character (with four plus seasons_which I enjoyed immensely, you could apply the same to arrow, whos books don't do that well either, or aquaman where the big film didn't really change the books following) but her comic doesn't hold to that logic you are applying

Guardians have had two big films, but their books keep getting rebooted coz the numbers don't get sustained

Sure success outside of comics might matter for the company, but when we're talking about the comic book character being successful, we are looking at book numbers, not other media

Thats the measure that's relevant

At least for the purposes of looking at the character in the books

In all honesty I think your point is completely irrelevant

Imo
    I think we can agree that any Marvel hero that isn't Spider-Man or one of the X-Men Is going to have a niche following at best.

I've never watched the Supergirl tv show. Is it good?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I think we can agree that any Marvel hero that isn't Spider-Man or one of the X-Men Is going to have a niche following at best.

I've never watched the Supergirl tv show. Is it good?
    Only season 1 was good and even then I'm being nice when I say good.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Only season 1 was good and even then I'm being nice when I say good.
    To each their own

I absolutely love it