Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Why not having her go through trippy adventures with Cosmic Awareness and the entity Eon?
    Now you listen here...that's not a bad idea. I'd rather read trippy/amusing Captain Marvel than wannabe Captain America Carol Danvers.

BANNED

It’s just a cover you don’t even know if she lifts mljonir. Cap’s shield isn’t hard to lift..

You jumped the gun making this thread.

Carol Danvers is, at this point, an essential part of the marvel universe. she's more or less our Wonder Woman. i don't know why her being all powerful would bother anyone. i'm more bothered by her rogues gallery still being whisper thin.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Carol Danvers is, at this point, an essential part of the marvel universe. she's more or less our Wonder Woman. i don't know why her being all powerful would bother anyone. i'm more bothered by her rogues gallery still being whisper thin.
    You can make her powerful without humiliating other heroes.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    You can make her powerful without humiliating other heroes.
    I wouldn’t call her showing against Thor humiliating. She went Binary to win, he had the upper hand most of the fight and she even stated she couldn’t beat him at his best. She even had outside help to do so.

Thor is the only Marvel character atm she has a win against too in regards to upper echelon of powerhouses. I wouldn’t consider Ironman in the same tier as Thor and Hulk.

I’d say the fight was handled better then a lot of Thor’s modern day fights it just only seems problematic to people because its Carol. Whereas Immortal Hulk oneshots Thor and has a drawn out fight with The Thing and no one for any reason complains about that.

My only issue is Carol needs more standalone feats rather then vs feats at the moment. Or a mixture of the two.

I enjoy that I see a title like this and don't even have to check the name of the OP to know who it was by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    1) It's just a cover
    2) Rich Johnston's trolling

I'll wait for the issue to come out. The Age of Ultron story where Natasha lifts Mjolnir was pretty good.

Coates' stories are slow and has a bad release schedule. Just wait for the trades if you care.
    It's not just a cover, I'm not trolling. Oh and those guesstimate figures are always wrong - at least 10-15% short and possibly more.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, Carol's more like Rollins than Reigns.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is quote of the thread. Normal I would waste my explain to fans who are the relic of the past why they are wrong but instead I am going just post a picture

Nah I changed my mind this is part where people would normally tell you that Captain Marvel been "canceled" so many times but since the numbers look like this

Captain Marvel 11 $3.99 10/16/19 Marvel 35,634
    Captain Marvel 12 $3.99 11/20/19 Marvel 62,227

Absolute Carnage Captain Marvel 1 $4.99 11/20/19 Marvel 32,765

Notice that bar has moved now, You get a quote like this

Unable to use Captain marvel is selling bad as excuse, This person has to resort to oh well Captain marvel hasn't consistently sell well for long period now. Funny ain't it .By the way these are last issue numbers of every "canceled" Captain Marvel/Ms Marvel book

(2006)Ms Marvel 50 $3.99 Marvel 25,309
    (2012)Captain Marvel 17 $3.99 Marvel 18,173
    (2015)Captain Marvel 15 $3.99 Marvel 19,740
    (2015)Captain Marvel And Carol Corps 4 $3.99 Marvel 22,106
    (2016) Captain Marvel 10 $4.99 Marvel 19,893
    (2017)Mighty Captain Marvel 9 $3.99 Marvel 13,724
    (2017)Captain Marvel 128 $3.99 Marvel 12,201

(2018)Life of Captain Marvel 5 $3.99 12/19/18 Marvel 27,079

If you notice that only one book hit true cancelation numbers since I know someone is going talk some silly stuff so threw out a selection of books with certain range last month

Tony Stark Iron Man 18 $3.99 Marvel 24,408
    Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy 3 $3.99 DC 21,312
    Deathstroke 49 $3.99 DC 21,577
    Aquaman 54 $3.99 DC 19,449
    Nightwing 66 $3.99 DC 20,409
    Supergirl 36 $3.99 DC 18,245
    Batman Universe 5 $4.99 DC 17,091
    Loki 5 $3.99 Marvel 17,059
    Batgirl 41 $3.99 DC 16,969
    Black Panther 18 $3.99 Marvel 14,727
    Gwenpool Strikes Back 4 $3.99 Marvel 12,751

Yes Marvel has protected Captain Marvel but nobody is going to bat an eye when Aquaman,Nightwing,Black Panther and Ironman get afforded the same type of protection. Nobody is going to talk about the amount of time Dr Strange, Punisher, Moon Knight, Nova,Hawkman, Green Arrow,etc get revived after being canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    jfc how??
    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    1) It's just a cover
    2) Rich Johnston's trolling

I'll wait for the issue to come out. The Age of Ultron story where Natasha lifts Mjolnir was pretty good.

Coates' stories are slow and has a bad release schedule. Just wait for the trades if you care.
    Coates' BP run is also boring non-engaging stories that do nothing to elevate the Black Panther character or his mythos.

BANNED

I’d argue Aquaman isn’t being handled well currently under DC atm too, his title is fine but in the larger DC universe he’s being mistreated. Taking him off the JL after a big successful movie was just plain idiotic, and his importance in the JL title makes him seem dismissal.

Do agree fans are unfair when looking at Captain Marvel’s sells and based on what Killerbee91 provided its clear something is working. The point of comics is to draw in people, saying that a company is trying to hard for a character is one of the most idiotic claims to make. You should be trying really hard the point is to sell the comic lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I wouldn’t call her showing against Thor humiliating. She went Binary to win, he had the upper hand most of the fight and she even stated she couldn’t beat him at his best. She even had outside help to do so.

Thor is the only Marvel character atm she has a win against too in regards to upper echelon of powerhouses. I wouldn’t consider Ironman in the same tier as Thor and Hulk.

I’d say the fight was handled better then a lot of Thor’s modern day fights it just only seems problematic to people because its Carol. Whereas Immortal Hulk oneshots Thor and has a drawn out fight with The Thing and no one for any reason complains about that.

My only issue is Carol needs more standalone feats rather then vs feats at the moment. Or a mixture of the two.
    Imo this is a fair assessment and one the writer tweeted similar too

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates' BP run is also boring non-engaging stories that do nothing to elevate the Black Panther character or his mythos.
    I thought it was good in so far as a story of wakanda, but as far as the panther himself, he felt a bit of a side character

Good story, but not great panther

Imo

Astonishing Member

I’d argue Aquaman isn’t being handled well currently under DC atm too, his title is fine but in the larger DC universe he’s being mistreated. Taking him off the JL after a big successful movie was just plain idiotic, and his importance in the JL title makes him seem dismissal.

Do agree fans are unfair when looking at Captain Marvel’s sells and based on what Killerbee91 provided its clear something is working. The point of comics is to draw in people, saying that a company is trying to hard for a character is one of the most idiotic claims to make. You should be trying really hard the point is to sell the comic lol
    Her current run is doing much better than some realise, if it keeps this for a few years it will imo be her definitive run

I agree with this sentiment.

I think it's more worthwhile to talk about characters that need more promotion and attention from Marvel than complain about a character getting that promo.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I agree with this sentiment.

I think it's more worthwhile to talk about characters that need more promotion and attention from Marvel than complain about a character getting that promo.
    I’ll definitely second any character Marvel or any comic company wants to succeed should get a 5star treatment.

Back on the Carol thing though. She’s honestly not really even being forced she beat Thor in her own comic book. The mljonir/shield thing is a cover to a comic she stars in. Binary has never really been established as below Thor or above him so her placement is really up in the air as Binary.

Forced in my opinion is when a character appears in several fan favorite books just so people could see them more I’d argue characters like Batman, Harley, Gwenpool is forced on readers before I’d say Carol is. Who really isn’t the focal point to a lot of events that happen and isn’t over saturated in a lot of books compared to a lot of other characters. She’s just being treated well in her book atm.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 12-25-2019 at 11:25 AM.