Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Universe Gun and the art of Dr Mike 2000

Hi all.

I'd like to invite you all to my website www.fundamentzero.com, where I post my comics and comic related art, as well as a weekly blog.

There's the long term project of Universe Gun, a psychedelic superhero sci-fi webcomic. The first 21 page issue is up, the next 7 page installment is due Mid May.

This week's blog entry discusses maths, superheroes and 1970's fashion, mainly because all three feature in a strip of mine called Pazuzu!, which is due to be published in the Indie Comics Quarterly anthology this month.

Feedback, Facebook likes or Twitter follows are always welcome.
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

BANNED

Welcome Back. I dig your stuff....

Cool art DrMike. I like your style.

Thanks, Excelsior and Ghost. I'm glad you like it.

This week's post - Extremities - discusses hands and feet, and the joys and pains of working with characters who possess them!
    And there's previews of the next two covers, since Universe Gun #2 kicks off next week!

Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

Universe Gun #2: The Life Star, kicks off today!
    A new seven page chapter "Monsters of the Heroic Age" is up at www.universegun.com delving further into the mysteries of the abandoned interdimensional satellite called the Life Star, and the quarantine organisation QMAC that contains it.

Also on Tumblr now, at drmike2000comics.tumblr.com

This weeks blog at www.fundamentzero.com looks at the work of master fantasy artist Patrick Woodroffe, who died this month.

And since there's none of my art to post from the blog this week, let's have a drawing of the Wizard of Oz gang!

My latest blog at www.fundamentzero.com - A Nice Piece of Fruit - discusses the recurring imagery of women bearing fruit as a gift.

It all started with this science fiction Maleficent sketch...

Amazing Architecture - Designing Future Cities!
    My latest blog discusses how I went about setting up three distinct cityscapes for Universe Gun. Read it at www.fundamentzero.com

Lost in Phase Space!

I talk about higher dimensions and a short project of mine in this week's blog over at www.fundamentzero.com

BANNED

Always. Impressive

Thanks, Excelsior!

I've updated the comic reader to display the following page as a next button now, and adding a hit counter.
    And written up a blog on today's life drawing adventures!

All at www.fundamentzero.com

Legions of Superfriends - this week's blog looks at character dynamics in team comics.

At www.fundamentzero.com

Flying Solo - a look at solo story arcs in team comics.
    This week at www.fundamentzero.com I discuss a short story I put together featuring Venus Green, and talk about the solo stories in Doom Patrol.

I'll be back during the week with a link for the short story, and there will be seven more pages of Universe Gun up next week!

As advertised, a new short strip of mine is up on the Writers Bloc Tumblr, and linked via the front page of www.fundamentzero.com.

Or, this little image here:

More Universe Gun at www.universegun.com!

How does it feel to go from being a teen titan defender of your town to a normal kid under quarantine? Find out in the less-safe-for-work-than-previously chapter known as Real Life!