Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

And I'm back to work on Universe Gun today after a break doing side projects.

I've also found time to write another blog - Snowballs, Bombs, and Legion Dog Tags discusses how to introduce a cast of characters at www.fundamentzero.com
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mike 2000 View Post
    And I'm back to work on Universe Gun today after a break doing side projects.

I've also found time to write another blog - Snowballs, Bombs, and Legion Dog Tags discusses how to introduce a cast of characters at www.fundamentzero.com
    Thanks for the well thought out blog write up Dr Mike. Introducing a variety of characters in a clever and engaging way is tricky.

Thanks, Ghost.
    Yeah, it was funny writing this one. I'd gone in assuming that the 'snowball method' as I call it was quite common. Checking out my comic collection, I was really stumped to find a good example of it. Thanks the graphic novel gods for Sailor Moon, I've borrowed that off my daughter recently!
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

Thanks, Ghost.
    Yeah, it was funny writing this one. I'd gone in assuming that the 'snowball method' as I call it was quite common. Checking out my comic collection, I was really stumped to find a good example of it. Thanks the graphic novel gods for Sailor Moon, I've borrowed that off my daughter recently!
    Haha thats good idea . Ive also had to browse through my comics collection frequently to get a better idea of how some things work. Things like page turner ideas, how to switch character perspectives and do flashbacks, etc.

Martian Princess, Multiple Bodies and Superpets!

This weks blog at www.fundamentzero.com covers the creativeprocess that went into Princess Amtora, as she appears in the pages of Universe Gun.

Indie Comics Quarterly is now available for sale, featuring my 9-page strip from last year, Pazuzu!
    What's the similarity between fractals and genies? Why are 33rd C Mars fashions rooted in the 1970s? Strap on your sideburns, chest wigs and flares to find out at Indie Comics Quarterly! (And the other strips are pretty cool too!)

www.indiecomicsquarterly.com

There's another preview page at www.fundamentzero.com, and a new blog entry - the Fractals of Mars discussing my recent publication, and the fact that I've got a page of Universe Gun up in a local art gallery!

Have you heard of the psychedelic groovy chick called Agar Agar? Me neither, until some old 1970s strips crossed my path recently.
    Read about them in my latest blog at www.fundamentzero.com

Have you heard of the psychedelic groovy chick called Agar Agar? Me neither, until some old 1970s strips crossed my path recently.
    Read about them in my latest blog at www.fundamentzero.com

Very cool. Love his use of color and negative space.

Thanks, Ghost. I think Alberto Solsona's work is a really good example of working with what you have. He's not the best draughtsman, but makes up for it with design sense.

Anyway, enough with the soft flowing hippy art! Lets get down to the hard technical business of Computational Substrate in this week's blog at www.fundamentzero.com!
    How do computers work, how could they work, and what would it be like to be inside one?

This week I discuss the pros and cons of continuity. This was brought on by a number of comics and events recently, not least, my small part in the relaunch of Australia's premiere superteam The Southern Squadron.
    Check out their website here - www.southernsquadron.com.au

Check out my thoughts at www.fundamentzero.com

Universe Gun #3 is finished!
    To celebrate, I've put together an unlettered panel from every page into a montage.

As my latest rather brief blog entry says, be back here next week for the final chapter of #2!

Universe Gun #2: The Life Star concludes today at www.universegun.com

And there's a few doodles from my #4 sketchbook in this week's blog at www.fundamentzero.com

This week's blog kicks off a series of entries: The Alternative Superhero Part 1: Changing the World is up at www.fundamentzero.com

The images above are part of the Inktober challenge - I'll be producing an ink drawing every day this month, and posting them to Facebook and Tumblr

Head over to www.fundamentzero.com to get my thoughts on diversity with a side order of physics!
    Coriolis Boy and Star Girl 3000 come under the microscope in Wonder Twins

All Tomorrow's Parties - my latest blog entry discusses 37th C party fashion by way of Jean Paul Gaultier, Goldfrapp and Burning Man.

Read my thoughts at www.fundamentzero.com

Also, check out my Facebook page and Tumblr to see my efforts for the Inktober challenge. One ink drawing a day for the month of October - I think I managed 30 all up, which is very close.