Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Birds of Prey doing what they do best - rocking out!

I've been a bit too busy to write a blog, but I'll be back in a couple of days with more Universe Gun!
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

Universe Gun #3: Earth begins today!

Ms. Amazing, the 21st C, and the artificial intelligence Cyberius XII collide in What Am I?

Get the whole story at www.universegun.com
    Writer/artist of the 37th C superhero webcomic Universe Gun - www.universegun.com

All-New Member

Hi, I saw your art in the Oz Comic challenge and I like the way you use colors to give depth. I have a question about the posting. I am trying to post some images but I can't do it the way you do. I mean, I go to manage attachment but it's impossible to put the drawing as you do, I mean, what do you do to post your drawings? Thanks and keep doing your work

Hey, thanks, Baixam.
    Yeah, the OzComics challenge is a lovely place to hang out. Do you post on there too?

As for posting, I upload the pictures to my website and then reference them from there. You can do the same with a Tumblr account.

1) Post the image to Tumblr
    2) Right click on the image and go "Copy Image URL"
    3) Come to these forums and click on the Insert Image button above the post
    4) Click on the "From URL" tab and paste the URL you copied from Tumblr earlier, and uncheck the "Store Locally" option. (I paste addresses to my website at this point...)
    5) Make your post, lets see if it worked with an image from my Tumblr...

Yep, there's the Matrix image I posted on Tumblr the other day. (Although I'm seeing double, there's an attached image at the bottom of the post?)
    You can do this with an image posted to Facebook too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dr Mike 2000; 11-19-2014 at 01:01 AM.

All-New Member

thanks a lot, you helped me. I posted my drawings from a Tumblr page. Now I have to reduce the size . I posted in Birds of Prey Challenge in Oz Comics. I have it uploaded here in my thread. I saw there you OZ draw. I posted too to that challenge.

And yes, you have the Matrix image twice, as normal and attached.

Another blog entry? Listen Up! as I discuss the different ways to communicate sound in the purely visual medium of comics at www.fundamentzero.com

All-New Member

cool domestic scene, great Oz Challenge. Do you have a tutorial for coloring? I should try to learn something.

Thanks.
    I don't have a tutorial for colouring as yet, partly because my methods are very basic and would probably make a real artist shudder.
    I've got a swatch jpg I use for consistency for all my Universe Gun characters and settings, and tend to just grab colours from there when I'm doing sketches.

swatch.jpg

I do the inks in Photoshop with a pencil tool (which fills pixels 100% or doesn't, unlike the brush), so I can fill the areas with flat colour using the paint bucket. Here I've added a 30% black layer over the top (but below the music symbols) to bring them out and mute everything else.
    I have done a bit more with this kind of masking for lighting effects, which I wrote about here:

http://drmike2000.wordpress.com/2014...ng-with-light/

But I can definitely write some more about my colouring methods in the near future as a blog entry.

A new blog is up. The Robot Tyrants of Mars looks into the development of Cyberius XII from a basic sketch to the central driving character in Universe Gun.

www.fundamentzero.com

And that's not all! Aside from my comic work, I've been taking part in the Adelaide Dr. Sketchy burlesque life drawing sessions over the past year.
    I've made it into an associated calendar here, and there are a few of my other finished sketches on display here.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/just...-rogue-session

The whole album, with finished work and sketches is on my Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9047384&type=3

Check out my plans for 2015 in High Resolutions, my first blog entry for the year, at www.fundamentzero.com

A new seven page chapter of Universe Gun is up today!
    Check out the whole story at www.fundamentzero.com

I've celebrated a year of writing regular blogs on my website by.. writing a blog!
    Today's essay covers classical music, highbrow vs lowbrow culture and most importantly, the movies of Ken Russell!

Go to www.fundamentzero.com to be Educated by Pulp Fiction

Do you like Amazing Infographics?
    My latest blog entry at www.fundamentzero.com discusses the transition from webcomic to actual printed comic, and the back page material I came up with as a result.

Ahh! A new Cintiq monitor, which means I'm now drawing on my powerful desktop machine, instead of on a self-contained graphics tablet running Windows Vista!

A few of my favourite things from the recent pages I've produced: hands, faces and cityscapes.