Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 342
  1. #91
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    "Dissapointment" is such a spin term when it comes to box offices. Either it made money to be profitable or it didn't. When it's all said and done, this film likely could have half it's final tally and still have made the studio a good ROI
    its definitely a spin term when it comes to fan discussion, for Disney it is still about about, the Disney has no flaws naarative. however the studio has the final say when they release their own feelings on the matter, as for now it is beyond obvious Disney is not happy with the mess they have done with star wars.

    I am still shocked today when Disney saw Avengers 2 as a Box office failure when we know many time sequels don't make as much as the original also avengers 1 been the first crossover movie, that charm was hard to pull off twice, unless you started bringing in more crossover IP which they did for infinity war and endgame, so by that logic star wars ROS must be heartbreaking for Disney.

    Perhaps we will know just how much when Disney fires Mrs Kennedy and officially cancel Rian Johnson's trilogy.

  2. #92
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    its definitely a spin term when it comes to fan discussion, for Disney it is still about about, the Disney has no flaws naarative. however the studio has the final say when they release their own feelings on the matter, as for now it is beyond obvious Disney is not happy with the mess they have done with star wars.

    I am still shocked today when Disney saw Avengers 2 as a Box office failure when we know many time sequels don't make as much as the original also avengers 1 been the first crossover movie, that charm was hard to pull off twice, unless you started bringing in more crossover IP which they did for infinity war and endgame, so by that logic star wars ROS must be heartbreaking for Disney.

    Perhaps we will know just how much when Disney fires Mrs Kennedy and officially cancel Rian Johnson's trilogy.
    As much as Disney is probably disappointed with Kennedy, Abrams, Johnson, and the whole lot of them for screwing up what should have been a slam dunk, they also know better than to show weakness in the face of customer pressure, because yielding to the demands of shrill fanboys here would set a horrible precedent and open the floodgates to all sorts of nonsense in the future.

  3. #93
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    As much as Disney is probably disappointed with Kennedy, Abrams, Johnson, and the whole lot of them for screwing up what should have been a slam dunk, they also know better than to show weakness in the face of customer pressure, because yielding to the demands of shrill fanboys here would set a horrible precedent and open the floodgates to all sorts of nonsense in the future.
    By making rise of skywalker an apology tour for last jedi, they have already showed weakness and exposed themselves as vulnerable to fan outrage and backlash. there is no going back. what Disney should do is meet this mess head on.

    Let them be bold about the changes they will be making which I think is going to be firing Kennedy and scrapping the rian's trilogy.

  4. #94
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    12,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    "Dissapointment" is such a spin term when it comes to box offices. Either it made money to be profitable or it didn't. When it's all said and done, this film likely could have half it's final tally and still have made the studio a good ROI
    Agreed. If a creative team still have their jobs and/or more films will be made for the series, then the film succeeded financially.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  5. #95
    Astonishing Member PwrdOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    By making rise of skywalker an apology tour for last jedi, they have already showed weakness and exposed themselves as vulnerable to fan outrage and backlash. there is no going back. what Disney should do is meet this mess head on.

    Let them be bold about the changes they will be making which I think is going to be firing Kennedy and scrapping the rian's trilogy.
    That is not the way, it would just cause another shitstorm with the fans who liked the sequels and would decry Kennedy's firing as another example of a powerful woman getting shafted. There's no winning when it comes to listening to fanboys of any stripe, best just to tune them out entirely, and if that ends up taking down the company, so be it.

  6. #96
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    By making rise of skywalker an apology tour for last jedi, they have already showed weakness and exposed themselves as vulnerable to fan outrage and backlash. there is no going back. what Disney should do is meet this mess head on.

    Let them be bold about the changes they will be making which I think is going to be firing Kennedy and scrapping the rian's trilogy.
    I don't think it's viable to "scrap" a trilogy that has made a billion plus per movie. It would be like scrapping the MCU because there is clearly a significant segment of people who don't like it and some famous Hollywood people don't like it.

    They'll probably do what WB did with the DCEU. The DCEU clearly changed its tone and became more lighthearted in some movies. Disney will do something similar in changing things. First, they'll realize and already have realized that Star Wars is not going to be another MCU shared universe. They need to cut it to a movie every three years. They maybe need a six year break between trilogies. Star Wars movies need to seem like main events, not filler between main events just to get a movie out every year.

    But they won't go back and redo 7, 8 and 9. That would p**s off as many or more people than it satisfied. In fact, it would infuriate far, far more people than it satisfied regardless of complaining online. If they were going to remake them they would first have to be genuine failures, not just, "Oh big surprise. There's a lot of vocal people on the Net that don't like them although, factually, they sold so many tickets as to make over a billion dollars".
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

  7. #97
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    With the Orishas
    Posts
    6,186

    Default

    Exactly.

    Each film in this series (except Solo) is doing billions.

    That's too much money to leave on the table.
    "Obviously not all conservatives are racists/bigots but all racists/bigots claim to be conservative"- Unknown

  8. #98
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    By making rise of skywalker an apology tour for last jedi, they have already showed weakness and exposed themselves as vulnerable to fan outrage and backlash. there is no going back. what Disney should do is meet this mess head on.

    Let them be bold about the changes they will be making which I think is going to be firing Kennedy and scrapping the rian's trilogy.
    You can't scrap something that made a billion in potentially all three films.

    And lets not forget who would have a REAL ISSUE with it. The INVESTORS.

    Who wants to be the person to go to the investors and stockholders and tell them we had to scrap movies because of FAN OUTRAGE?

    The outrage that was so great Kelly & John got death threats.
    The outrage that was so great an UNEMPLOYED guy made 20 youtube videos bashing TLS-a movie he NEVER saw.

    Trolls went after Black Panther, Cap Marvel & 3 Star Wars films. $6.6 billion dollars in box office revenue despite those trolls.


    Firing Kennedy-who had FU money is not going to fix anything. What done is done.

    Now with that said there is NOTHING preventing the following-

    With RESPECT to budget....

    Why can't Finn have a reasonable budget film trying to find out who he is or show us HOW he got under control of the Empire in the first place.
    If a mini series is needed-you can cast a younger person to play Finn if John (who was so wronged) is not interested and toss it on Disney +.

    Rose & her sister-pull a Rogue One and show what they were doing up to TLS.

  9. #99
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    I don't mean scrapping any new trilogy. I mean Disney may not go ahead with the Rian Johnson trilogy. he has been sort of a bad lightening rod in star wars. they just made a movie that tried to undo what Rian Johnson did. I don't see them now giving him 3 movies.

  10. #100
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I don't mean scrapping any new trilogy. I mean Disney may not go ahead with the Rian Johnson trilogy. he has been sort of a bad lightening rod in star wars. they just made a movie that tried to undo what Rian Johnson did. I don't see them now giving him 3 movies.
    I'd love to know what he personally thinks of the dog's dinner they've made of the last film?!��

  11. #101
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Kathleen Kennedy will not be fired, she will just be stripped of all her power and become a figurehead until her contract is up and then she will "choose" to move on. You could say that's already happened.

    Favreau and Filoni will move up.

    After all the trouble Disney went through to minimize The Last Jedi I just don't see Disney handing him a trilogy and he will be free to subvert expectations elsewhere.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  12. #102
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    There are actually suggestions of a Mandalorian movie, or perhaps other Disney+ going to movies. I'm not sure about a Cassian or Obi-Wan movie as these characters already have appeared on screen but perhaps there are other Disney+ projects being considered.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  13. #103
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    I liked ROS but do think the box office is winding up to be a disappointment. The third and final installment should be doing way better than TLJ as it's completing the whole arc. It does seem to have a dwindling international fanbase. I wonder how the next one will do as all(or close to it) original Star Wars cast have appeared and now the franchise will solely rely on the new generation.

  14. #104
    Mighty Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I liked ROS but do think the box office is winding up to be a disappointment. The third and final installment should be doing way better than TLJ as it's completing the whole arc. It does seem to have a dwindling international fanbase. I wonder how the next one will do as all(or close to it) original Star Wars cast have appeared and now the franchise will solely rely on the new generation.
    Rely on the new generation? I don't know about that. None of the new generation want to come back, and the Disney trilogy hasn't created any side characters that could be breakout stars. Right now The Mandalorian is biggest property and Obi Wan is next. If Dr. Whatshername gets a series that will be set in the original trilogy timeline as well.

    I think we may be looking at a timeskip of at least a hundred or so years so Disney can clear the board of Rey, Finn and Poe and try again. Or going even further into the past and visiting the Kotor era.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  15. #105
    Extraordinary Member Powerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    I don't mean scrapping any new trilogy. I mean Disney may not go ahead with the Rian Johnson trilogy. he has been sort of a bad lightening rod in star wars. they just made a movie that tried to undo what Rian Johnson did. I don't see them now giving him 3 movies.
    Oh definitely not. Despite TLJ making a billion, I don't see them letting him anywhere near a big budget Star Wars project again. He wants to reinvent the Wheel and won't accept that people already love the Wheel.
    His name is CAPTAIN MARVEL.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •