Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I liked it. Good issue. And I liked how it ended.

It was fast paced, everything kind of happened and keep happening because chances and luck and plans, but I think that the story was actually self-aware of it. It had some sense of humour to it, like if it were comical, like in some cartoons. It has some seriousness, but I think the fun was pretty much enveloping it all.

Ah, look at that; Jason in the end has his own orphanage of wayward kids xddddd. Yeah, that's very X-Men-ish. And his vest suit.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2020 at 10:54 AM.

I like the idea of both him and Dick working there. I wonder what the kids will learn

Fast paced, yes. But fun? Yes.
    spoilers:
    The kid had powers similar to Deadman, but could control multiple people. Hence, Biz and Artemis acting so odd. Jason ending up taking the kids all in, at Ma Gunn's home no less, is quite the thing. X-Menish, but with a flair of, well, Jason. Now to find out that Ma Gunn is granny Todd, Faye Gunn II is his cousin, and to talk with Artemis about "them". Honestly, so long as they remain close friends at the very least, I'll be happy. And Biz will of course act like a big brother to the kids, despite being younger than most (except maybe Babe in Arms?). Really want this stuff to stick for a good while, and hope there'll be more after #50.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Kind of a quick and dirty wrap-up to one of the lesser arcs of this series, but I will say that I like where the ending sends us in the future. Getting there wasn't anything super special ... first mission with wayward kid crew is weird and preposterous, but hey, Artemis and Biz are back, they brought Fay Gunn, we can set up this actual school situation with two odd-ball protector/teachers and Fay and whatever. I like the angle and am eager to see it explored more even if this arc wasn't essential killer stuff and just serves to set it up.

Also, blink and you'll miss it, but Red Hood bisexual confirmed?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    Kind of a quick and dirty wrap-up to one of the lesser arcs of this series, but I will say that I like where the ending sends us in the future. Getting there wasn't anything super special ... first mission with wayward kid crew is weird and preposterous, but hey, Artemis and Biz are back, they brought Fay Gunn, we can set up this actual school situation with two odd-ball protector/teachers and Fay and whatever. I like the angle and am eager to see it explored more even if this arc wasn't essential killer stuff and just serves to set it up.

Also, blink and you'll miss it, but Red Hood bisexual confirmed?
    It can be taken in different ways, I think. Could be Jason implying that he has been kissed by guys that did better than her; or could be implying that she stole a kiss out of him (which is a very "manly" thing to do, honestly) and she did good "for a girl"; or it could be tsundere Jason not acknowledging that she kissed that good; or it could be just a fun commentary, meant to be a joke.

Jason has done flirting commentary with both guys and girls alike; it's open to the reader if those are more than his usual meaningless joking banter, because usually, too, there is some truth to every funny comment he throws in.

To me, he comes across as a guy not really that invested in love relationships (he seems very "casual"), a bit awkward when he has to go romantic, and with a clear prefference for (strong) females, even if he clearly can appreciate guys too. I'm not against him being bi, same as I could see it working for Tim, if they choose to go that route.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wouldn’t think much of it. It’s likely nothing more than a play on Artemis’ “Not bad. For a boy” reaction to their kiss back in RHATO #25.

But who knows? Maybe it’s a set up for something that’ll be explored next issue when Jason & Artemis finally follow up on the kiss & their “feelings surprise them both!” (as stated in the solicit)

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I've reread the issue.
    Pup Pup can't be Vessel.
    Pup Pup was imprisoned together with Dr. Veritas and Ma Gunn.
    So it's still not clear why the doll suddenly has a consciousness. But it's cute how Pup Pup is helping Ma Gunn with the cooking.
    I wonder what this means for Vessel since he doesn't appear in the panel showing the Outlaw family. I still like Vessel. So I hope he accepted Jason's offer.

I'm surprised how much I love the little scene with Babe and Mombie. Sometimes one just has to take a good nap in order to find the badly needed idea to solve a problem.

The issue also reminded me - even if it wasn't used or mentioned - that Jason can't be mind-controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wouldn’t think much of it. It’s likely nothing more than a play on Artemis’ “Not bad. For a boy” reaction to their kiss back in RHATO #25.

But who knows? Maybe it’s a set up for something that’ll be explored next issue when Jason & Artemis finally follow up on the kiss & their “feelings surprise them both!” (as stated in the solicit)
    That, too. Actually, it may be that, most probably.

Yeah, Pup-Pup can't be Vessel. He started to manifest himself when they were outside space, in that Vortex place. I don't think Vessel can be there. I, too, noticed that he wasn't in that last picture. Weird.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-01-2020 at 03:17 PM.

That's how I took it too.

how likely is a romance between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I've reread the issue.
    Pup Pup can't be Vessel.
    Pup Pup was imprisoned together with Dr. Veritas and Ma Gunn.
    So it's still not clear why the doll suddenly has a consciousness. But it's cute how Pup Pup is helping Ma Gunn with the cooking.
    I wonder what this means for Vessel since he doesn't appear in the panel showing the Outlaw family. I still like Vessel. So I hope he accepted Jason's offer.

I'm surprised how much I love the little scene with Babe and Mombie. Sometimes one just has to take a good nap in order to find the badly needed idea to solve a problem.

The issue also reminded me - even if it wasn't used or mentioned - that Jason can't be mind-controlled.
    Maybe Pup Pup is the real Willis Todd

Maybe Pup Pup is the real Willis Todd
    Maybe Superboy Prime is possessing him!!

Nah, Pup-Pup is too chill for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    how likely is a romance between the two?
    Honestly, it could go either way. Right now though I’m guessing it’s revealed they have feelings for each other but that’s as far as it goes because of the unspeakable darkness revealing itself in the same issue.

Honestly, it could go either way. Right now though I’m guessing it’s revealed they have feelings for each other but that’s as far as it goes because of the unspeakable darkness revealing itself in the same issue.
    I kinda hope their is! Because I think Jason and Artemis both deserve it!

Also the generation outlaw team has really grown on me! I hope they stick around permanently! Anyone else feel the same way?

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I kinda hope their is! Because I think Jason and Artemis both deserve it!

Also the generation outlaw team has really grown on me! I hope they stick around permanently! Anyone else feel the same way?
    In my case, I've grown attached to Cloud9, to be honest. And Devour has a lot of potential, too, I think. DNA is alright, and I think I like them. Babe in Arms is so-so: depending on if there's more than being a "supergenius evil mastermind plotting baby". Doomed needs more time. Same goes for Vessel.